What's new

Personal MU chart for Green Lantern

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Sorry, so sorry...
Do you have Bane as high advantage for GL or just advantage?
Like is this a general chart, or should I be basing this on certain positions or what?

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
Sorry, so sorry...
Do you have Bane as high advantage for GL or just advantage?
Like is this a general chart, or should I be basing this on certain positions or what?
I feel like the match up is based on two principals one the skill level on both players and the other being just the fundamentals of the character. Most bane players I've faced range from decent to pretty good. I'd say this match up right now feels like a 6-4 GL could be evolving more depending on what is found later on with in the meta's between both characters. The skill level of both players playing these two characters in this particular match up btw requires the bane player at times to really out play the green lantern player. I am not saying GL gets away with complete murder here but if the bane player is not on a higher level then what the GL player is at its really rough for him to do his dirty work.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I feel like the match up is based on two principals one the skill level on both players and the other being just the fundamentals of the character. Most bane players I've faced range from decent to pretty good. I'd say this match up right now feels like a 6-4 GL could be evolving more depending on what is found later on with in the meta's between both characters.
I more meant the positioning of their picture on the chart. I know what makes up a tier chart.
Its just you have Bane towards the upper right, I didn't know if that was due to spacing issues or if you felt Bane was at a higher disadvantage

Ashenar

I more meant the positioning of their picture on the chart. I know what makes up a tier chart.
Its just you have Bane towards the upper right, I didn't know if that was due to spacing issues or if you felt Bane was at a higher disadvantage
hurrm I would say him being in the upper right just means the level of play must be higher for bane for him to execute a win over green lantern.
everything from bane on under is 6-4 GL.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
hurrm I would say him being in the upper right just means the level of play must be higher for bane for him to execute a win over green lantern.
everything from bane on under is 6-4 GL.
You might want to look into the other area's Mu charts for discussion on what the MU is, they tend to pour into ideas and facts about both sides.

To that note, last I checked the top Bane players had this at a dead even 5-5.

http://testyourmight.com/threads/bane-matchup-chart.40417/
Though I understand this is your opinion and I'll respect and treat it as such.

Ashenar

You might want to look into the other area's Mu charts for discussion on what the MU is, they tend to pour into ideas and facts about both sides.

To that note, last I checked the top Bane players had this at a dead even 5-5.
I'd agree like I said this is my own opinion on what i've seen as far as playing whatever I've played online and offline. I wont discount bane I actually respect the character I just feel like the neutral game favors GL and GL has some tools to avoid being in certain situations on the screen. Is it 100% accurate nope but like I said my opinion 6-4 seams safe to me.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I'd agree like I said this is my own opinion on what i've seen as far as playing whatever I've played online and offline. I wont discount bane I actually respect the character I just feel like the neutral game favors GL and GL has some tools to avoid being in certain situations on the screen. Is it 100% accurate nope but like I said my opinion 6-4 seams safe to me.
I added in something specifically about what you said just before you posted this lol.

Ashenar

I added in something specifically about what you said just before you posted this lol.
my actual goal after posting this up btw is not only to strike conversation with whoever wants to post on here but to also sit down at whatever major they go to offline and actually grind out at least a long set of matches around 50 or so. If I do end up going to a major sometime soon( My bachelors is killing me and my pocket book) I am not shy I'll play whoever wants to play. Not coming out here saying I am the absolute supreme know it all be all and end all about green lantern mu's. but I just feel more or less this is rather accurate.

I'll be back on later if more people want to get the reasons why I think certain match ups are what they are just quote with a question or like the thread. Just try to keep this slightly civil.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Well I mean you could make a case for a lot of these, so more power to you. I'm not here to tell you that you're wrong, just don't be afraid to check the other charts and let their discussions mold your opinion as time goes on.

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
2nd matchup chart in a couple of weeks to have superman as 5-5

you guys are nuts
Maybe you should do your own MU Chart.

Well I mean you could make a case for a lot of these, so more power to you. I'm not here to tell you that you're wrong, just don't be afraid to check the other charts and let their discussions mold your opinion as time goes on.
I can see where he's coming from with bane being 6-4 since very often banes can't handle the minigun, in theory I agree it should be 5-5 thou but it's just not happening yet.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I can see where he's coming from with bane being 6-4 since very often banes can't handle the minigun, in theory I agree it should be 5-5 thou but it's just not happening yet.
Some Banes can't, but all GL's can't handle the oki game.

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
Some Banes can't, but all GL's can't handle the oki game.
It's tough but not impossible for GL to escape, level 3 venom is the main threat.

This chart is...pretty optimistic to say the least. Can you explain why you think GL beats Superman? It's not that hard for us to zone him out.
I don't think GL beats him but I thought he went even with Superman since the nerf. Superman is vulnerable to GL's mixup game and resets.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
I've been leaning towards the fight against superman being in Lantern's favor after the range reduction of F23

superman can't win a zoning game (he never could in this fight), can no longer play the same mind games with f23 breath on block, loses footsies because b1 now outranges f2, and loses the air to air game to j1 priority. GL has dirtier mix ups of the two now as well. I'm not afraid of anything he has besides corner damage.

I have a stellar record against supermen in my sporadic tournament appearances as well, I've only ever lost to the evo champ (who I'm 2-2 with over all) and have disposed of countless others.

and then there's batman who I get bodied by constantly and hate fighting.

I'm like bizarro wonder chef: east coast GL who trashes supermen and can't stand batman.

Also this is the strangest looking match up list I've ever seen lol

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
It's tough but not impossible for GL to escape, level 3 venom is the main threat.

I don't think GL beats him but I thought he went even with Superman since the nerf. Superman is vulnerable to GL's mixup game and resets.
Yes, I agree the matchup is even because Superman can zone out Lantern and Lantern can put him in a blender after a knockdown.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Level 1 venom is the main threat. If you're on your back and we're only on the first tank, you'll lose your whole bar before we finish the third lol.
If you get knocked down at level 3 venom, you'll be taking 50% at the most but you can get out.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
I've been leaning towards the fight against superman being in Lantern's favor after the range reduction of F23

superman can't win a zoning game (he never could in this fight), can no longer play the same mind games with f23 breath on block, loses footsies because b1 now outranges f2, and loses the air to air game to j1 priority. GL has dirtier mix ups of the two now as well. I'm not afraid of anything he has besides corner damage.

I have a stellar record against supermen in my sporadic tournament appearances as well, I've only ever lost to the evo champ (who I'm 2-2 with over all) and have disposed of countless others.

and then there's batman who I get bodied by constantly and hate fighting.

I'm like bizarro wonder chef: east coast GL who trashes supermen and can't stand batman.

Also this is the strangest looking match up list I've ever seen lol
But you don't fight zoning Supermen. Run a set with Theo and see if you reconsider the number.

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
Level 1 venom is the main threat. If you're on your back and we're only on the first tank, you'll lose your whole bar before we finish the third lol.
If you get knocked down at level 3 venom, you'll be taking 50% at the most but you can get out.
Yeah I've been victim to it, but I still haven't been beaten by a bane consistently. You going to Winter Brawl? Maybe we could get a money match going.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Yeah I've been victim to it, but I still haven't been beaten by a bane consistently. You going to Winter Brawl? Maybe we could get a money match going.
I'm a terrible Bane, so no I probably won't be. Don't even know where it is. :(