What's new

Perfect Legend's Raiden

NariTuba

disMember
amen [MENTION=5716]J360[/MENTION] for the "fear of random"

My personal opinion is that a lot of people are too concerned about being safe. The fact of the matter is that being always safe means to effectively cut your tools short. Instead of making your opponent think of 6 things you make them think of 3, the less things he has to worry about the better the chances of guessing right. On the other hand if the ammount of things he has to think about are many, he will have a harder time making the right choices or even shut down entirely.

A player with good yomi and less knowledge > a player with profound knowledge but onedimensional mindgames.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
On a side note, Raiden's teleport is partially effective because of the awful block mechanics of this game. I do not know why it takes a couple of frames to transition from a block- to a neutral-state. This poor mechanic needs to be changed in the next MK game.
Do you happen to know the exact frames that the transition takes? That's hands down the most frustrating thing about Raiden to me, if he keeps no specific pattern and teleports between his/my strings and I attempt to punish him. I eat a f24 superman at least 60% of the time. Between the transition from block to neutral not being instant and the 3D hitboxes; it really makes this game look sloppy.

I'm under the presumption that it's at least 2-3 frames?

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
lol why do you say that? Didn't he say several times he would be at EVO?
Everyone has their doubts, man. If Capcom gave Diago a WWE style gold belt, and never defended the thing, SRK would have a giant shitfest. I wanted to see that thing get defended, not hang up in PL's room collecting dust. Lame.

PL's good, nobody can deny that, but until recently he's seemed to have little to no interest after winning the biggest tournament in the world. Hopefully he'll be back. I think it'd be cool to see the winner of EVO go against PL for the belt too, but NRS may just hand the new winner a new one...who knows.

not a single ex shocker? are you kidding me? It goes right through kitana's d1 poke shenanigans for a 30% combo, and PL never used it once!

Otherwise, awesome stuff, very cool. I like it when raiden players get ahead.

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
ah ok now i get you !
well because raiden has orgasm teleporting i counter him everytime with a upball, now to play him i stay away and because i know if i face raiden face to face due to his teleport i will end up Dizzy and confuse , mad and who knows what else .. to avoid that i stay away and throw knife of course raiden love his orgasmic teleport to get close to me , Kano throwing the knifes at the time raiden get behind him automatically it becames a upball even when i just wanna throw knifes the commands becames a upball , even when raiden block i still can see him block and grab him ... with him i gotta play defense if i play offense im doomed ... jumping with a kick a doing the special grab with kano is next and that is nothing he can do, he will end up as confuse as his opponents when he does his torpedo moves, i play smart against raiden, when he realize teleport is useless against Kano he will depress and end up there , in a duck position avoiding my knifes... he gotta play psychic or became a Charles Xavier to get close to me and do some easy combo to me ... Kano is a deadly poison for Raiden ... im not saying is impossible for a raiden to beat such a good kano, but a good Raiden gotta fart , pee and even poop to beat me without teleport and trust me is not easy task ..
Kano is a deadly poison for Cyrax , Raiden
kano has is foes and one of them is Subzero, ice clone is a kano killer, Subzero left Kano as docile as a Lion in a Circus
Your only examining this from Kano's POV. If Raiden gets a life lead, throwing knives won't do a thing. Also EX tele and Ex superman are great counters to knife spamming.

Your only examining this from Kano's POV. If Raiden gets a life lead, throwing knives won't do a thing. Also EX tele and Ex superman are great counters to knife spamming.
the Enhanced Torpedo goes thru his knives you are right in that ... but do you have infinite power bar? you only can do up to 4 times the Enhanced torpedo that is if you build up your meter ... you wont do more then 3 times your Enhanced torpedo agains him after that you are powerless

and talking about the double teleport is the same thing you will eat a knive or kano's balls the commands down back Y (knive) becames a down foward Y (upball ) if you get behind me, even teleporting and blocking i will see u, you will be more confuse and despair if you dont focus in that match .. we can practice my theory you might beat my kano that can be a challenge for you.. i love challenges !!! that makes a better player.. add me man :)

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
the Enhanced Torpedo goes thru his knives you are right in that ... but do you have infinite power bar? you only can do up to 4 times the Enhanced torpedo that is if you build up your meter ... you wont do more then 3 times your Enhanced torpedo agains him after that you are powerless

and talking about the double teleport is the same thing you will eat a knive or kano's balls the commands down back Y (knive) becames a down foward Y (upball ) if you get behind me, even teleporting and blocking i will see u, you will be more confuse and despair if you dont focus in that match .. we can practice my theory you might beat my kano that can be a challenge for you.. i love challenges !!! that makes a better player.. add me man :)
I am on Xbox, however i am waiting to get my xbox back, stupid RROD.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Can Rain go "toe-to-toe" with Raiden ? I think that Rain, despite his teleport be some frames slower than Raiden, can do some guess game against him, and this way, Raiden proves from his own medicine.
Plus the factor that Rain's teleport can be done in the air (what add a good mind game factor here), while Raiden's one, no .... so, maybe it's a good struggle that can occurs between both, hehe :D

Maybe it's just me, but would anyone love to see a first to 10 between 16 Bit and Perfect Legend? I swear, that set between those two was the best set I've seen from high level players so far in this game.

Tolkeen

/wrists
Everyone has their doubts, man. If Capcom gave Diago a WWE style gold belt, and never defended the thing, SRK would have a giant shitfest. I wanted to see that thing get defended, not hang up in PL's room collecting dust. Lame.

PL's good, nobody can deny that, but until recently he's seemed to have little to no interest after winning the biggest tournament in the world. Hopefully he'll be back. I think it'd be cool to see the winner of EVO go against PL for the belt too, but NRS may just hand the new winner a new one...who knows.
Netherrealm never asked him to put it on the line, nor should he have to. Consider it an award. They don't make you show up next year and risk losing your best director award at the oscars. If he wants to come out and play, he will. He doesn't owe us anything, we didn't let him win, we didn't vote him as our supreme leader, he won a tournament, and thus gets to keep the spoils.

If it wasn't a belt no one would be expecting it back. Daigo doesn't lose his "gold" evo medal whenever he loses, so why should PL lose his?

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
Well PL is back and this time he did it with Raiden. I must say that is the best Raiden I have EVER seen. So damn scary and aggressive and it's amazing how many times he used the teleport without the opponent knowing when.

I'm really thinking of picking up the character after watching that....
Really? Not saying PL's Raiden is bad, far from it, he is very, very consistent, but I'd say I prefer B Wizz when it comes to Raiden playing style.

Neither of these two beat Raiden, and a good portion of the cast can punish teleport, but it's not easy at all. I don't care what anyone says...you are not punishing a top Raiden's teleport anywhere close to often.

His bad matchup, if anything, is likely Mileena. She straight up nullifies a lot of his game just by her hitbox alone.
i disagree about mileena, agree about sonya, feel like reptile is his worst matchup maybe csz