What's new

Perfect Legend's Raiden

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
The worst match up against raiden is My kano ... every teleport is a freaking upball in the ass No charge .. even the most skillfull raiden cant deal with a smart Kano .. every teleport is a Upball .. whats a raiden with no teleport?
a raiden with no teleport is like a Sub zero with no ice clone they worth nothing so thats how kano treat raidens and Cyrax..
i personally would like to play perfect leyend's Raiden i bet he didnt taste the Rage of kano
That match-up is a fight for the life lead. 5-5 IMO.

Raiden can get a life lead fairly easy against Kano and once he does Kano can't get in very easy. Just as hard for Kano as it is for Raiden.
ah ok now i get you !
well because raiden has orgasm teleporting i counter him everytime with a upball, now to play him i stay away and because i know if i face raiden face to face due to his teleport i will end up Dizzy and confuse , mad and who knows what else .. to avoid that i stay away and throw knife of course raiden love his orgasmic teleport to get close to me , Kano throwing the knifes at the time raiden get behind him automatically it becames a upball even when i just wanna throw knifes the commands becames a upball , even when raiden block i still can see him block and grab him ... with him i gotta play defense if i play offense im doomed ... jumping with a kick a doing the special grab with kano is next and that is nothing he can do, he will end up as confuse as his opponents when he does his torpedo moves, i play smart against raiden, when he realize teleport is useless against Kano he will depress and end up there , in a duck position avoiding my knifes... he gotta play psychic or became a Charles Xavier to get close to me and do some easy combo to me ... Kano is a deadly poison for Raiden ... im not saying is impossible for a raiden to beat such a good kano, but a good Raiden gotta fart , pee and even poop to beat me without teleport and trust me is not easy task ..
Kano is a deadly poison for Cyrax , Raiden
kano has is foes and one of them is Subzero, ice clone is a kano killer, Subzero left Kano as docile as a Lion in a Circus

This goes for every character in the game.
exactly you are completely right!!! and i agree 100%
if you can dodge a Wrench you can dodge a ball !!!
the question is can you dodge a Wrench to dodge the ball? lol
a raiden gotta dodge the Wrench to dodge kano's ball.. and that my friend is not easy ...
Kano cant dodge the Wrench against Subzero for instance ..

not all the characters can dodge all wrenches, only few characters can dodge the wrench with all the characters like Kung lao and few others ..
every chatacter has his or her foe

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
It is amazing how one man playing Raiden brings in all this sweet tech talk...and pages of it at that. Mortal Komat lives in the people who play not the characters being played. Also it seems like this thread should now be in the Raiden forum somewhere. Also Raiden mirror matches are the most insane thing to ever happen and now hopefully we will get to see more
!

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I agree with M2Dave.

I am also currently playing raiden in prep for FR...trying to work on NW bad matchups. Me and pig were talking about the matches. He asked me what I thought.

I said "reckless"...PL took so many risks. If Osu blocked every random super man PL did he would have won. PL didn't always have meter when he supermaned. He also crossover jip sooooo much and osu almost never used d1 to lower his hitbox. Slips was the only one who took advantage of AA(god like).

Also after every block stringsHe didn't link the teleport...he waited till osu could poke and then teleported. But it wasn't on reaction, he committed to it and had soo many patterns.

Now I am not saying he played poorly....he has a great raiden. But it is not unbeatable. PL made tons of mistakes that could have cost him the match. Patients will beat him...osu kept trying to establish an offense and got beat. I would have played defensively and more patient to punish all jump ins and random supermans. I play raiden that way also. I am patient and NOT offensive.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
If you stand around trying to block supermen you open yourself up to him teleporting, putting yourself in a shitty guessing game. I agree I got blown up by cross ups though. I even knew it as I was playing. No excuse.

PL is so overwhelming. He plays at an INSANE pace. Can't wait for his next major. We knew people would be skeptical so he's just going to have to go to a major and body folks.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Agreed. The teleporting opens up alot for him. But I can't afford to view any player as unbeatable. EVERYONE is beatable and I can beat anyone with enough practice and study.

I pick apart PL's game not to show his weakness but because I am scouting and looking for things I can do when and if I need to fight against him. I do the same thing with you and slips.

I play my game in response to what my opponent does. I'm just looking for holes. The level of play was very high...I was super impressed and can't wait for my chance to play you guys.

NariTuba

disMember
I said "reckless"...PL took so many risks. If Osu blocked every random super man PL did he would have won. PL didn't always have meter when he supermaned. He also crossover jip sooooo much and osu almost never used d1 to lower his hitbox. Slips was the only one who took advantage of AA(god like).

Also after every block stringsHe didn't link the teleport...he waited till osu could poke and then teleported. But it wasn't on reaction, he committed to it and had soo many patterns.

Now I am not saying he played poorly....he has a great raiden. But it is not unbeatable. PL made tons of mistakes that could have cost him the match. Patients will beat him...osu kept trying to establish an offense and got beat. I would have played defensively and more patient to punish all jump ins and random supermans. I play raiden that way also. I am patient and NOT offensive.
The question is, did he play this way because he is predictable and has patterns or because 16bit was allowing him to? what makes you think that as soon as you block and punish his random supermans he will not adapt and change his game? Who knows what the yomi involved vs 16bit was at that point... they had played casuals earlier and things had been repped.

Raiden is stupid man... the superman vs teleport mixup is a game changer, im not surprised to see PL throwin out random electric flys. Its a way to keep the opponent worried and blocking more, apply pressure... its kinda like the random subzero slide. If you get them worried you get free teleports like 16bit said above.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
If you stand around trying to block supermen you open yourself up to him teleporting, putting yourself in a shitty guessing game. I agree I got blown up by cross ups though. I even knew it as I was playing. No excuse.

PL is so overwhelming. He plays at an INSANE pace. Can't wait for his next major. We knew people would be skeptical so he's just going to have to go to a major and body folks.
This isn't towards osu but more to the general tournament players
I figure that most players even the top wouldn't be able to handle that pace the first time around. It is a bit overwhelming but the pace is something you must establish against pl or else your going to be second guessing every decision you make. Its called no respect lol. His playstyle is what impresses me more than the characters he uses. He picks characters that promote his ply style and he chooses very well at that.
Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
This isn't towards osu but more to the general tournament players
I figure that most players even the top wouldn't be able to handle that pace the first time around. It is a bit overwhelming but the pace is something you must establish against pl or else your going to be second guessing every decision you make. Its called no respect lol. His playstyle is what impresses me more than the characters he uses. He picks characters that promote his ply style and he chooses very well at that.
good question. What differs PL gameplay style, is his fast properly execution, and , his capacity to stay "cool under pressure", I guess .... in Evo, he looked OK dealing with pressure, and, managed to to incredible comebacks and impose his will, with very ultra agressive gameplay, sick rushdown as he seems to enjoy , fast pace.

He is beatable ? Sure he is, but, you have to play smarter, faster, and more agressive than him, if you intend to outmatch his style.

I agree that he has talent to choose / pick the right MK9 character that fit his play style.

People should not envy or get angry with PL, he seems to be a cool guy, that understand a lot about this game, and , is a top player very high skilled. I think that any player that had opportunity / chance to play against him, even losing, came back from this experience with wish to improve in MK9.

That's the reason I wanna that PL shows up, at least, in Evo, to give chance for players to fight against him, and try to defeat him. His skill helps a lot others players to observe, analize and try to correct their own mistakes / error, and improving in hability / skill level. It's an incentive, a good one.

:D

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
The question is, did he play this way because he is predictable and has patterns or because 16bit was allowing him to? what makes you think that as soon as you block and punish his random supermans he will not adapt and change his game? Who knows what the yomi involved vs 16bit was at that point... they had played casuals earlier and things had been repped.

Raiden is stupid man... the superman vs teleport mixup is a game changer, im not surprised to see PL throwin out random electric flys. Its a way to keep the opponent worried and blocking more, apply pressure... its kinda like the random subzero slide. If you get them worried you get free teleports like 16bit said above.
Of course it would be both but to think making an opponent guess between teleport and superman is dumb...raiden has better options.

If I teleport superman I get him knocked down near the corner but what if I teleport f24, superman...that's what 25%? I choose f24. If they block super man I either have to waste 2 meter or eat 40+%. If they block f24 I'm safe.

My point is that why do random supermans, random reptile dashes, random spins when they are super risky and you have better options that are just as good but safer.

If PL or any raiden wants to make me guess between tele-grab, tele-superman then I win.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Of course it would be both but to think making an opponent guess between teleport and superman is dumb...raiden has better options.

If I teleport superman I get him knocked down near the corner but what if I teleport f24, superman...that's what 25%? I choose f24. If they block super man I either have to waste 2 meter or eat 40+%. If they block f24 I'm safe.

My point is that why do random supermans, random reptile dashes, random spins when they are super risky and you have better options that are just as good but safer.

If PL or any raiden wants to make me guess between tele-grab, tele-superman then I win.
Because playing too safe can make you predictable. Random=unpredictable. When someone becomes predictable they tend to have their good options scouted out by their opponent. Im not ruling out intelligence because you can be random and make horrible decisions. But sometimes the option that is considered so bad that good players won't do and shouldn't do, becomes the option that a good player should do. People will get upset at it because it was a retarted choice in their eyes, but that's just because you called their bluff and pulled out the last possible move they expected. Once you put the fear of random in the opponents mind there's no telling what your gonna go for any more.

xenogorgeous

At some point in "pro" game career, majority of top players , in terms of knowledge, and skill to pull off commands precisely, well timing execution and so ..... more or less, "equals" themselves at some level ....

what differs one being better than another, in some matches, it's speed of execution + speed of reaction (a physical factor) + brainy decisions regarding what attack use, and how to counter-attack (personal factor .... this factor normally take a split second to be decided!)

Reo, Tom Brady, CDJr, Detroit, PL, Osu, Slips, etc .... all have the same skill level (they know the basic and advance topics in fighting games, they execute all movements and combos properly, etc ...), even using different characters, but, it's their speed or action+reaction , mixed with the decisions they choose to make during a match, that, makes difference if they win, or they lose.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
J360...I agree but logic will always prevail. He will eventually go up against some who wont freak out due to "randomness" and then he has to go back to playing safe.

I know it was forever ago but JOP had a sound raiden who didn't take too many risks and it took him far. That raiden playstyle mixed with a little aggression from PL and you have IMO the perfect raiden

Sokon

宗棍
Just like what happened to michealanglo, PL has simply put a target on his own head. This time he hasn't even won a major yet. Can not wait to see how his mix-up game is.

xenogorgeous

Just like what happened to michealanglo, PL has simply put a target on his own head. This time he hasn't even won a major yet. Can not wait to see how his mix-up game is.
Playing at high level, constantly, and not against noobs and scrubs online, make all these top players, able to defeat each other, from time to time ....

It all depends if some of them get "stuck" in some personal gameplay "vices" (what conducts to errors), while others, are more open mind to evolve, to recycle themselves, and, be humble to try to change, for improvements ....

IKizzLE

BloodHound
Well, too bad PL might be going back into hibernation.
I doubt he'll be at any tourny this year. Small chance of him being at Evo.
Hopefully I'm wrong.

REO

Undead
Thanks PL, for taking the focus off hitb0x, machine-gunning iAFB, 18% DPS, block infinite, 0 bad match ups -> 7-3 match up over everyone KABAL.

1<3<37