What's new

PDP's breakdown of the new Mortal Kombat X fight pad

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Performance Designed Products or "PDP" for short recently uploaded a short video highlighting the features of the new Mortal Kombat X fight pad they've worked hard to create. With taking all of the communities feedback into play, they've designed a fight pad that is meant to work exclusively awesome for Mortal Kombat X.

Jay from PDP gives you a quick breakdown:

Wanna buy? Click here

Credit: TheKombatTether

Attachments

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I have a XB1 and my local scene will get MKX for PS4. Without even mentioning the distance between US and Greece, this is gonna cost me a lot.

Man...

SidTheHaze

25th place Tempest Lao
The dpad looks similar to the XB1 pad. Could be a disaster.
the xb1 dpad is smaller and on the bottom left of the controller. This one is actually in the middle and it a bit bigger, but yeah they're really similar. i'm definitely getting this for tournaments.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
man noob question but how do you hold this while you play? I've never seen anybody play with one before, do you use your right hand on top? If so, how do you deal with the triggers?

man noob question but how do you hold this while you play? I've never seen anybody play with one before, do you use your right hand on top? If so, how do you deal with the triggers?
I just hold it like any other pad. Its the same, you just have to move a little bit more with your thumbs. Some people have said they use the right part the same way they use an arcade stick but that seems really uncomfortable so I called bs on that.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
the xb1 dpad is smaller and on the bottom left of the controller. This one is actually in the middle and it a bit bigger, but yeah they're really similar. i'm definitely getting this for tournaments.
Oh, hands down the dpad Is located in a better position. I was simply pointing out the similarity.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
I just hold it like any other pad. Its the same, you just have to move a little bit more with your thumbs. Some people have said they use the right part the same way they use an arcade stick but that seems really uncomfortable so I called bs on that.
interesting, do you feel an advantage then with having l1 and r1 on top like that? I've never had a pad like this, but I'm thinking of trying it

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Looks tempting but I'll wait until more people get their hands on them. D-pad responsiveness is super important but I'm also so used to years of console 4-button faces + shoulder + trigger that I wonder if it'd feel weird?

How strange does it feel switching from a dualshock to a fightpad in general?

Last edited:

C-Sword

Noob
I always use 6 button controllers for fighting games, I do remap the buttons for games that only require 4, I like having the last two on the top row as square, triangle and the last two on the bottom row as X and O. Nobody forces you to play with the default controls.

Last edited:

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
This is a godsend for me even if it ends up being mediocre. I just cannot get used to my current set up, and I believe any kind of pad will alleviate this frustrating issue.
I have a XB1 and my local scene will get MKX for PS4. Without even mentioning the distance between US and Greece, this is gonna cost me a lot.

Man...
I. TOLD. YOU.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
This is a godsend for me even if it ends up being mediocre. I just cannot get used to my current set up, and I believe any kind of pad will alleviate this frustrating issue.

I. TOLD. YOU.
Don't care, I'm betting anything that PS4 will be region locked.