What's new

PC/Steam Version - Performance, Technical and General Discussion Thread

Raider

Noob
What if they wait until 16th (because of the datamining) to release that amazing update that leaked few days ago?? Just me hoping, will probably end up being disappointed tho. lol.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I'm f'ing done with the PC version unless the Aftermath performance issue gets fixed. With all the bumps the version has had, this is the first time I've been this irked about the version.

I'm sick and tired of fights where I every time someone gets hit the game stalls, and the timing and/or inputs go out the window. It's totally different than trying to play on the PS4 right now. I hate playing on my PS4, but putting up with a FG that keeps stuttering at the time you most need it to be consistent sucks.

Seen a few people mention it, but because there are people that can't play at all, so few people playing in total, and people that are totally running the game poorly and fine with it, that I'm not totally optimistic it will get fixed. It's been an up and down issue with this version but it's never been this bad, and nothing helps.

Immortal

Blind justice....
While there are people who have problems and few that can't run the game. For most people the game works just fine. I understand you and several others have problems but it's not the case for most people. Some things will be patched but it wont be fast / soon and it wont solve all people issues.

That's the nature of PC hardware there is a ton of hardware parts matching options, drivers etc... so you do what you can for most of them. After that you go after uncommon bugs and after that you may look at some really rare bugs which occur for like 1 out of 100 or maybe even 1000.

Also there is a lot of people playing MK 11 on PC by FG standards.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I've done my time as a software dev, so I have some familiarity with seeing how things get prioritized and how hard it can be to actually get to specific things.

In this case, I'm not even sure "most people" would notice there is an issue even if it is happening to them. I just happen to play enough FG's, play the game offline (where it doesn't happen), have another version to compare to, and obsessively monitor my games fps to connect what I'm feeling to actual fps hitching.

It's not game breaking or even totally apparent as an issue, and easily dismissed as "the connection", so my assumption would be that it's hard to view as high priority as far as bugs go. I've fixed enough stuff that was broken for years and dawn of time issues that nobody noticed to feel like you got to point the sneaky stuff out.

(plus I'm annoyed every time I play now)

Immortal

Blind justice....
Well im still a software dev, in game making business for 20 years now and counting but that's beside the point.

While most people may or may not see it, most competitive FG players would and there is quite a lot of those on PC too. The point is, performance issue you wrote about isn't something a lot of competitive players experience on PC; it seems more like a specific issue (with what exactly i can only guess) which you and a small amount of people experience. Which tells me it's a rare issue. There are several or even more of those in PC version.

I didn't experienced almost any rare bugs (outside some early desyncs but that was quickly patched), the game runs smoothly for me and i play 4K with everything maxed out. I play online all the time with friends and sometimes in KL. Outside of obvious "wifi players" problem it was and is pretty great for me. We never had a problem you described but that also means nothing since its pretty small sample size.

Just for the record i also have PS4 and X1 consoles and MK11 on them. For me PC version is superior in almost every way (late patching is my only annoyance but im well aware how it is between WB - NRS - QLOC, so nothing to be done here).

Last edited:

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I've generally been happy with the version up till now. It's far the more convenient and preferred way to play my games. I do play a number of people here in the MK11 PC threads, and this is basically the easy way of telling several people at once I'm going to be avoiding games and why.

And I was aware you had game dev involvement. That wasn't me saying "I know how bug fixing works better than you, because I've done it". It was an "I have some familiarity on that issue so I know what you are saying" I wouldn't even consider myself to be particularly good at the gig and it's way more demanding in games than any I've done.

Last edited:

Zviko

Noob
Question. Can you have multiple accounts on Steam and play the games you bought only on one (main) account? Online with DLCs and all? Like it works on consoles..?

I googled it and only found some old threads about it that say it's possible in some games with some kind of family sharing thing. Does it work in MK11?

Question. Can you have multiple accounts on Steam and play the games you bought only on one (main) account? Online with DLCs and all? Like it works on consoles..?

I googled it and only found some old threads about it that say it's possible in some games with some kind of family sharing thing. Does it work in MK11?
yes , you have to share your account games though with family and friends feature. People do that a lot to smurf in mk11

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
PC patch today
https://mortalkombatgamessupport.wbgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/360049626654-Official-MK11-PC-Release-Notes-06-16-20

Seems unclear as to if it includes the hotfix patch for Raiden and Fujin, but I don't see Raiden on change list. I guess that makes it current assuming the changes just weren't listed.

Mostly reads like the last Console patch and a few PC specific fixes. Nothing performance related noted. People with server connection issues are still complaining about not being able to play.

PC patch today
https://mortalkombatgamessupport.wbgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/360049626654-Official-MK11-PC-Release-Notes-06-16-20

Seems unclear as to if it includes the hotfix patch for Raiden and Fujin, but I don't see Raiden on change list. I guess that makes it current assuming the changes just weren't listed.

Mostly reads like the last Console patch and a few PC specific fixes. Nothing performance related noted. People with server connection issues are still complaining about not being able to play.
i can confirm raiden fix is in. you cant just crouch block is B12 1+3 anymore