What's new

PC/Steam Version - Performance, Technical and General Discussion Thread

Ehndur

Yes
One last thing that has a special place on my "hate it" list, even so it's not PC specific and not really a bug.
Who the fuck had the brilliant idea to move amplify from the block button (where it was the last couple of games) to the interactable button for no apparent reason ?
I really love it when I miss a whiffpunish with a amplified special or drop a juggle combo because my guy tries to use some goddamn interactable.
It is just objectively worse.
Just give us the option to use the classic button layout or put amplify on block.
I've never had that issue, and I've been playing a ton. Are you mashing the AMP button ? Cause you just need to press it once, and at the right timing, it will NEVER use an interactable instead of an AMP.

I've never had that issue, and I've been playing a ton. Are you mashing the AMP button ? Cause you just need to press it once, and at the right timing, it will NEVER use an interactable instead of an AMP.
I admit...i mash and I am casual, but still...why not dedicate it to the block button or maybe flip stance?

Mr.Taubstumm

SlushyDealer
The ghosting issues with TAA were largely fixed, but it is quite blurry still. However, if you use something like ReShade to throw a sharpness filter over the game's native TAA, then the game looks amazing and easily the best looking version. Use FXAA+TAA, then use ReShade's adaptive sharpen and dial the strength up the max.
The problem with adaptive sharpen is, that while it cleans up the image somewhat, it makes the abysmal film grain even more apparent.
The only additional thing im running atm is the lightning/contrast Geforce Experience filter with +27% lightning / -18% contrast and rest on 0%.
Ingame settings are maxed and motionblur/bloom disabled and gamma at 60.
That is what looks best to me atm, atleast on my screen.

I had it happen a couple of times.
Thing is, even if this would not be the case it is objectively worse.
It actually makes sense to have Block/Amplify on the same button, both get used all the time, interactables on the other hand ... not so much.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I literally can't play the game on PC right now. I get a desync anytime the opponent or I rush down, as in if one of us tries to stagger a string into more pressure, or we use pressure, a dash on knockdown, and then more pressure, the game will desync. 100% of the time. It's literally unplayable.

Hey all,

Another official post on the Steam forums related to crashes. Thought a few of you might like to know:

Hello all,
We are aware that some of you are still encountering crash issues with Mortal Kombat 11. As such we request that you send a ticket to our customer service team including your crash log and your dxdiag information. You can find a link to submit a ticket and instructions on how to find your crash log and dxdiag below. Thank you.

Ticket: https://go.wbgames.com/MKhelp

Crash Log: Your crash dump file will be located in the folder in which Mortal Kombat 11 is installed on your PC. The file path should be similar to C:\Users\[Your Windows Account Username]\AppData\Local\MK11\

The crash dump file will be labeled "Crash" and the date and time in which the crash occurred. It will be a .dmp file. If there are multiple .dmp files from this date and time range, please put these into a .zip folder and include these in your response.

DXDiag:
• Open the “Run” Dialogue prompt from the search bar
• In the field enter “DXDiag” and click “ok”
• When finished loading, select “Save All Information”
• Save your DXDiag as a text file with your gamertag/username as the file name

Raider

Noob
Have they updated the Character Towers requirements and all that??
Yes.

Below are the patch notes for today’s PC patch! Thanks!

• Character Tower requirements have been reduced
• Certain modifiers have been adjusted
• Fatality count for head spikes have been decreased
• Soul Rewards have been adjusted
• Fixed an issue where Steam Achievements would not unlock in certain cases
• Cinematics will now display correctly on 21:9 displays
• Fixed an instance where players would still not be rewarded the Ensorcelled Eye of the Dragon appropriately in the Krypt
• Fixed an issue where opening chests in the Krypt caused drops in FPS
• Several issues with NVIDIA Ansel and NVIDIA Highlights have been fixed.
• General localization update
• Fixed several instances where a player’s name would be displayed incorrectly
• Fixed several instances where buttons would be displayed incorrectly
• Minor input fixes for keyboard/mouse controls

https://steamcommunity.com/games/976310/announcements/detail/1609385662091464483

Yes.

Below are the patch notes for today’s PC patch! Thanks!

• Character Tower requirements have been reduced
• Certain modifiers have been adjusted
• Fatality count for head spikes have been decreased
• Soul Rewards have been adjusted
• Fixed an issue where Steam Achievements would not unlock in certain cases
• Cinematics will now display correctly on 21:9 displays
• Fixed an instance where players would still not be rewarded the Ensorcelled Eye of the Dragon appropriately in the Krypt
• Fixed an issue where opening chests in the Krypt caused drops in FPS
• Several issues with NVIDIA Ansel and NVIDIA Highlights have been fixed.
• General localization update
• Fixed several instances where a player’s name would be displayed incorrectly
• Fixed several instances where buttons would be displayed incorrectly
• Minor input fixes for keyboard/mouse controls

https://steamcommunity.com/games/976310/announcements/detail/1609385662091464483
New patch, very cool.

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
okay so i launched the game and i got blackout during the update screen, now everytime i launch the game it crashes and shuts down before i can even reach the menu screen. Any idea what can i do to fix this? I already tried to verify game files but didn't work.

okay so i launched the game and i got blackout during the update screen, now everytime i launch the game it crashes and shuts down before i can even reach the menu screen. Any idea what can i do to fix this? I already tried to verify game files but didn't work.
Was it running fine before, or did the latest patch cause this? I want to say you posted them before, but can you repost your system specs?

Darth-Nero

Was it running fine before, or did the latest patch cause this? I want to say you posted them before, but can you repost your system specs?
Yes it was running fine before even with latest patch, i am positive the blackout during update screen caused this.
My specs are
i7 4790
16 gb memory
gtx 960 ti

Maybe i just need to go delete the update folder and let the game recreate it or something but am not sure. redownloading just isn't an option for me.

Yes it was running fine before even with latest patch, i am positive the blackout during update screen caused this.
My specs are
i7 4790
16 gb memory
gtx 960 ti

Maybe i just need to go delete the update folder and let the game recreate it or something but am not sure. redownloading just isn't an option for me.
Hmmm... can you define black out during the update? Did you try to launch the game while it was updating you mean, and you got a blackscreen when it loaded?

Darth-Nero

Oh crap, a power-outage. To confirm, your system is fine otherwise? You've tried other games and they're booting up fine, Windows is still properly detecting your GPU?

Basically, nothing got fried?
No none of that, My system and hardware are fine. I am positive it's just corrupt update data, but i don't know how to fix that is all. Already sent a ticket with crash log and dxdiag report attached. But i don't wanna wait too long for customer service response. If you know how to fix this i'll give it a shoot.