What's new

PC/Steam Version - Performance, Technical and General Discussion Thread

a direct example that WB Games and QLOC are listening to their customers concerns and requests.
Frame rate issues aside, no... Just... NO.
  • customisation
  • abilities
  • roster
  • content gating
  • buffs
Unlocking some frivolous frame cap, related to one of the most loathed aspects of the game (FB's), isn't addressing anything that matters.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Does anyone know if people using macros for combos is a big problem? Cause it's freaking me out honestly and it's the only thing keeping me from getting it on PC.

^ I've heard of it and I've seen some very repetitive "BnB" combo use / abused... However, given the game is as easy as it is, it's kind of difficulty to discern or confirm macros from garden variety BnB spams.

For example, in SCVI, you can tell when people are using macros for (example) Ivy's command grab (even though it's been dumbed-down to be essentially mashable in 'VI'), because she jiggles around at and otherwise impossible stutter -- i.e., they've macro'd the directional inputs and left the button-press (activation) manual. Saw this same thing occur at a much greater frequency (at least, for the few who used Ivy) back in SCIV days -- back when the command inputs weren't dumbed-down, and even though that iteration of said franchise was a console exclusive.

I'd be more concerned about the game's online longevity, if you're playing mainly for online interaction. I've found looking for "kasual" games rather slow, and those awful "rooms" are not something I'd sit in for 10 minutes to get a turn (*cannot comment too much on "ranked", as it disallows the game's customisation, and I don't play it as such).

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
^ I've heard of it and I've seen some very repetitive "BnB" combo use / abused... However, given the game is as easy as it is, it's kind of difficulty to discern or confirm macros from garden variety BnB spams.

For example, in SCVI, you can tell when people are using macros for (example) Ivy's command grab (even though it's been dumbed-down to be essentially mashable in 'VI'), because she jiggles around at and otherwise impossible stutter -- i.e., they've macro'd the directional inputs and left the button-press (activation) manual. Saw this same thing occur at a much greater frequency (at least, for the few who used Ivy) back in SCIV days -- back when the command inputs weren't dumbed-down, and even though that iteration of said franchise was a console exclusive.

I'd be more concerned about the game's online longevity, if you're playing mainly for online interaction. I've found looking for "kasual" games rather slow, and those awful "rooms" are not something I'd sit in for 10 minutes to get a turn (*cannot comment too much on "ranked", as it disallows the game's customisation, and I don't play it as such).
I wish there was a way for these games to detect this stuff, but since it's not a 'cheat engine', I think it's near impossible. Kinda sucks tho, I guess I can still use it for practice and play with people on here who I know aren't using this shit.

Ehndur

Yes
Does anyone know if people using macros for combos is a big problem? Cause it's freaking me out honestly and it's the only thing keeping me from getting it on PC.
I don't think it would be an issue even if it was common. Combos are not that hard, except for optimal ones. I mean, if you lose the neutral and get launched, macro or not, you're gonna hit damage no matter what :D I feel like that would be a very annoying thing to setup for such little payout. And honestly, I don't think I've met anyone using a macro.
Come on, come to PC so we can have a Cassie mirror :p

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
I don't think it would be an issue even if it was common. Combos are not that hard, except for optimal ones. I mean, if you lose the neutral and get launched, macro or not, you're gonna hit damage no matter what :D I feel like that would be a very annoying thing to setup for such little payout. And honestly, I don't think I've met anyone using a macro.
Come on, come to PC so we can have a Cassie mirror :p
Yeah, that's true, I guess people who use it are cheating themselves and not others. Still, think it's lazy AF tho XD Alright, I really wish there will be a sale soon cause I can't wait to see how pretty that game is on PC.

• customisation
  • abilities
  • roster
  • content gating
  • buffs
Unlocking some frivolous frame cap, related to one of the most loathed aspects of the game (FB's), isn't addressing anything that matters.
Can you elaborate on what you mean about customization, abilities, content gating, and buffs?

For the Roster, this is a fantastic roster.

Looks like the latest patch destabalized the Krypt, and it crashes to desktop a lot. For me, it happened four times yesterday. I've updated my general ticket with WB Support, and I also did a file integrity verification via the Steam Client. Nothing was found, but that may have fixed the issue as I was able to use the Krypt without crashing after that.

Immortal

Blind justice....
  • customisation
  • abilities
  • roster
  • content gating
  • buffs
That's like the...... thing i've read in a while. Those are not PC related issues (also not really issues for most part). He meant listening to PC community for specific things for that platform. Like removing 30 fps cap. (almost) All you wrote is a) very subjective b) on all platforms and c) is that way by NRS decisions, some will change (balance) with patches.

Yeah, that's true, I guess people who use it are cheating themselves and not others. Still, think it's lazy AF tho XD Alright, I really wish there will be a sale soon cause I can't wait to see how pretty that game is on PC.
There is no cheating online, macros do not give you anything, if you lose at neutral, you're dead regardless.

PC port is amazing for me, running 4K@60 with everything maxed, never had desync when playing with friends who have a) good PC b) good connection. Had some in ranked but then again people have potato PC (red fps indicator) and play on wifi so that's to be expected. Hopefully they won't be allowed to play in the league.

Lum@na

Noob
Has anyone been having issues with the game not registering inputs? So I asked about this issue in a character specific forum and was.told I am bad, so I did some investigating.

When I b1,4 amp TP 4,bf1 as scorpion, the 4 routinely will not come out unless I mash it a few times. I thought, well I am just pressing it too early! I am clearly bad. The button was clearly registering with the game but no move. Then I changed the setup and just started doing a raw teleport into amp 4 and even when I mashed it as fast as possible the 4 would come out very, very inconsistently. It might come out early or late after the tp seemingly at random.

I am using an Xbox wireless controller (since the wired ones feel like shit) if that matters.

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
That's like the...... thing i've read in a while. Those are not PC related issues (also not really issues for most part). He meant listening to PC community for specific things for that platform. Like removing 30 fps cap. (almost) All you wrote is a) very subjective b) on all platforms and c) is that way by NRS decisions, some will change (balance) with patches.

There is no cheating online, macros do not give you anything, if you lose at neutral, you're dead regardless.

PC port is amazing for me, running 4K@60 with everything maxed, never had desync when playing with friends who have a) good PC b) good connection. Had some in ranked but then again people have potato PC (red fps indicator) and play on wifi so that's to be expected. Hopefully they won't be allowed to play in the league.
Im on PS4 Pro but Im also thinking about getting PC version. Thing is... my PC is probably too potato to run it but I thought I'll ask what ppl think.

GPU: GTX 970 4GB
RAM: 8GB
CPU: i5 2,53 GHz

It runs MKX flawlessly on max settings but what about MK11? I dont care about graphics quality, would play even on lowest settings if it held stable 60fps.

Any thoughts?

EDIT: it's GTX 970 4GB

Im on PS4 Pro but Im also thinking about getting PC version. Thing is... my PC is probably too potato to run it but I thought I'll ask what ppl think.

It runs MKX flawlessly on max settings but what about MK11? I dont care about graphics quality, would play even on lowest settings if it held stable 60fps.

Any thoughts?

It's hard to say. I have an i5 2.9 GHz, 8 GB RAM and a GTX 1060 6GB. Autoconfig set everything to Max settings. After the 05/17 patch the game run almost flawlessly. Since the 05/24 patch the game is crashing everywhere for the most of us. I haven't touched a thing in the settings and still.

People with more RAM have less problems it seems. If QLOC get their shit together, my guess is you'd be able to run MK11 okay on Mid-High settings. The Krypt is very demanding though so that could be laggy aside from the current crashing issues.

If you want to use it strictly for Online play without grinding for stuff again: bad news is that desync and 'Session no longer available' is a much more regular 'feature' here than on PS4. And I'm not talking about rage quitters, it happens during the first match sometimes when both players have a round already. I doubt that anyone would quit even before the outcome of the first match when we're going toe to toe.

Unfortunately technical difficulties ruin the fun for a lot of people right now, so it's up to you whether you want to gamble on it or not. Every patch can make things worse just as it can solve all issues.

Immortal

Blind justice....
That's not true at all "most of us" is like less then 5% of overall PC Mortal Kombat 11 players. People who have problems always "scream the laudest" on Steam forums but they fail to see that they're in minority. Game works great/fine for most people.

With bazilion of PC configurations there is no way to make significant changes to the game (like removing 30 fps cap) without introducing some problems for some people / configuration. It will take probably weeks or months to adress it for close to everyone. Thats why i was against that, coz it was obvious it will introduce new problems, new desync issues on some configurations.

But people wanted it, they gave it to them. Some now have problems. Most will be fixed in time, game is intensively patched on PC, pretty much on weekly basis. Which is amazing and i would wish any PC game would be patched so often and made better after the release.

Last edited:

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
That's not true at all "most of us" is like less then 5% of overall PC Mortal Kombat 11 players. People who have problems always "scream the laudest" on Steam forums but they fail to see that they're in minority. Game works great/fine for most people.

With bazilion of PC configurations there is no way to make significant changes to the game (like removing 30 fps cap) without introducing some problems for some people / configuration. It will take probably weeks or months to adress it for close to everyone. Thats why i was against that, coz it was obvious it will introduce new problems, new desync issues on some configurations.

But people wanted it, they gave it to them. Some now have problems. Most will be fixed in time, game is intensively patched on PC, pretty much on weekly basis. Which is amazing and i would wish any PC game would be patched so often and made better after the release.
Wrong reply?

Ehndur

Yes

I agree. I don't have a beast of a PC, and still, nothing to complain about. And that's why I don't :D

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink

Any thoughts?

should work fine but with graphics lowered

elephantvision

Your Cousins, Sisters, 1st cousins favorite gamer
* I have flashing bars popping up on both sides of my screen (i'm on a widescreen)
*None of Kronikas stages have music for me
* Lips not working on intros sometimes

Immortal

Blind justice....
* I have flashing bars popping up on both sides of my screen (i'm on a widescreen)
*None of Kronikas stages have music for me
* Lips not working on intros sometimes
  1. Its a widescreen issue, game was not designed to be played on widescreen, i was suprissed they even added support for it in PC version of the game. Maybe someday it will be fixed... Dont hold your breath thou.
  2. That's a bug, thou pretty rare
  3. Thats a sideeffect of recent patch or more specifically of unlocking 60 fps during cutscenes etc... Will be fixed.

Has anyone been having issues with the game not registering inputs? So I asked about this issue in a character specific forum and was.told I am bad, so I did some investigating.

When I b1,4 amp TP 4,bf1 as scorpion, the 4 routinely will not come out unless I mash it a few times. I thought, well I am just pressing it too early! I am clearly bad. The button was clearly registering with the game but no move. Then I changed the setup and just started doing a raw teleport into amp 4 and even when I mashed it as fast as possible the 4 would come out very, very inconsistently. It might come out early or late after the tp seemingly at random.

I am using an Xbox wireless controller (since the wired ones feel like shit) if that matters.
It's not just you, and it's not just PC. Mortal Kombat 11 handles inputs differently than it's predecessors. There's a specific thread about it that you can find here.

For me, as Highborn Kitana, I find that a simple B2, 3, 1 ~ Hybrid Stance, 1 won't come out consistently unless I mash "1," despite the game registering the inputs. It simply seems to be the case with certain moves, but not with others.

You can try changing the Input Window for strings in the game's Options, as there's three settings, and then you're going to need to go into Practice, trying out the strings you want, and finding the idiosyncrasies with them.

Also, if you haven't already, turn off "Release Check" in the Controller options.

^This, 100%. This is an excellent port of the game, and it's being very well supported. I've noticed a few additional minor bugs sine the 5/24 patch as well. I'll post a full list a little later. I'm submitting every issue I find to WB Support and providing them whatever info they request to pass along to QLOC. If anyone is having issues, I encourage you to do the same.

@ShArp Is your system a laptop? If not, and if your video card is not a mobile one, you should be fine to play the game at max or near max settings. My system is an Intel Core i5 4440 @ 3.10 GHz, with 16 GB Ram, and an nVidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti OC Windforce 6G, and I'm running on max settings for everything save I have Motion Blur disabled as I'm not a fan of that effect. My benchmark is also an average 60 FPS.

I recommend to anyone with a nVidia card to also check the reommended settings in GeForce Experience, as I find it far more accurate than the auto-config in-game.

@elephantvision Minus the widescreen issue, I'm having the other two as well, save the music only sometimes and rarely cuts out on the Prehistoric stage, the other Hourglass ones are fine. The lips not moving are an issue introduced with the latest patch and 60 FPS.

Is that happening to anyone with the setting still at 30 FPS, the lips not moving in intros? I have not tested that.

Lum@na

Noob
It's not just you, and it's not just PC. Mortal Kombat 11 handles inputs differently than it's predecessors. There's a specific thread about it that you can find here.

For me, as Highborn Kitana, I find that a simple B2, 3, 1 ~ Hybrid Stance, 1 won't come out consistently unless I mash "1," despite the game registering the inputs. It simply seems to be the case with certain moves, but not with others.

You can try changing the Input Window for strings in the game's Options, as there's three settings, and then you're going to need to go into Practice, trying out the strings you want, and finding the idiosyncrasies with them.

Also, if you haven't already, turn off "Release Check" in the Controller options.
That feels... Awful. I was hoping it was a weird bug and not wobble intrinsic to the game because hitting some of these timings is tight and dialing a combo from a mash is awful.

Here's my list of updated bugs that I'm experiencing:

Major

- Krypt regularly crashing to desktop. This was introduced with the 05/24 patch, and it does not seem to matter if it's at 30 FPS or 60 FPS. After the fourth crash, I verified my game's file integrity via the Steam Client, and I've been able to run around the Krypt for more than five minutes without a crash, so this may have solved the issue, but I need to test further.

Minor

- In Character Intros, at 60 FPS, the first character to speak will not move their mouth. This occurs 100% of the time, and is a bug introduced with the 05/24 patch. On rare occasions, further dialogue will appear slightly out-of-sync. Note this bug only affects characters with lips. Characters like Baraka are unaffected and will always move their mouth.

- On occasion, I'll see white or green artifacts pop up for a frame or so on-screen. This only occurs in a match, not menus, and the frequency seems to have increased with the 05/24 patch. I have not been able to reproduce on-demand, but I've been noticing it occurs more in Goro's Lair.

- Every so often, the Fatality music will not play when a Fatality is initiated. This seems to occur on any stage, and will also occur sometimes if the AI performs a Fatality.

- On rare occasions, the Stage music seems to cut out completely on the Prehistoric Stage. I have not had this occur on any other background, including the other Hourglass ones.

Nuisance/Quality of Life

- In order to skip watching intros, I now need to press "Y" as opposed to "A." This was a common thing in the previous two Mortal Kombat games, either on PC or console, as I remap my face buttons to 2,3,1,4. Since "3" is now mapped to "Y," I now have to press this button to skip intros. Ironically while in previous games, this bug was not a thing in Mortal Kombat 11 until the 05/24 patch.

- The game's default master volume is extremely low.

My system specs are:

• Intel Core i5 4440 @ 3.10 Ghz
  • 16 GB Ram
  • nVidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti OC Windforce 6G with the 430.64 Drivers
  • 1 TB HDD
  • Windows 10 Home October 2018 Update
  • Hori Fighting Commander for Xbox One
  • Logitech K120 Keyboard and Mouse
Note I use my Controller to play normally, save for the Krypt where I use the Mouse/Keyboard since the Fighting Commander doesn't have sticks. I also need to awkwardly use the Keyboard to use Konsumables in Towers.

I'm regularly updating WB Support and providing them any info they request.