What's new

PC/Steam Version - Performance, Technical and General Discussion Thread

I've never seen MK11 on sale, what does it go for? I don't play many new PC games lately, but I bought DiRT Rally 2.0 for $30, its a 2019 game. The base price is $59.99 but I've always seen it on sale. MK11 with the problems it has isn't worth $60. It's sad when 15+ year old games have more players than a game that's like 4-5 months old. With the problems I've read about, I probably wouldn't even pay $30 for it.
Several times, including during EVO, during the Steam summer sale, Memorial Day sale, and at least once on a weekend sale, as I recall. Unfortunately games don't reduce their price because you don't want to pay that much. But thank you for proving my point, as a non-PC player you can go ahead and exit the thread in an orderly fashion.

How do you use ps4 controller on pc? Just connect with usb?
Yeah, the USB will work or you can use Bluetooth (some motherboards have this natively, or you can get a USB dongle/expansion card).

nwo

Noob
Several times, including during EVO, during the Steam summer sale, Memorial Day sale, and at least once on a weekend sale, as I recall. Unfortunately games don't reduce their price because you don't want to pay that much. But thank you for proving my point, as a non-PC player you can go ahead and exit the thread in an orderly fashion.
I'm not a non-PC player, I'm a non MK11 player. If it was priced right with all the bugs maybe more people would try it out.

MK11 isn't even in the top 100 most played steam games. That's not good, considering it's only 4-5 months old.

not a single fighting game is in the most 100 played steam games.
Moreover, how many of that number came out in 2019? I'm not going to sit here and say PC is a paradise but it's been pretty damn solid for most people, and there's enough people to play against, if not nearly as many as PS4.
Is the pc version stable now? I don't want to clog up the tv and ps4 all day, my gf has shit she wants to play too.
It depends really. I've personally had almost 0 issues running it on my machine, but PC gaming can be random. You can always buy it, try it out, and refund before playing 1.5 hrs.

we need to spam the Nvidia driver forum for the artifact/flickering issue , cause i posted and they are ignoring my post.

also this game on PC really needs cross platform online , why does SFV and KI has it and not MK11.

I've never seen MK11 on sale, what does it go for? I don't play many new PC games lately, but I bought DiRT Rally 2.0 for $30, its a 2019 game. The base price is $59.99 but I've always seen it on sale. MK11 with the problems it has isn't worth $60. It's sad when 15+ year old games have more players than a game that's like 4-5 months old. With the problems I've read about, I probably wouldn't even pay $30 for it.
I've seen it on sale on Steam about two or three times now; usually around 15% to 20% off as I recall. The Kombat Pack was on sale once for 50% off. The regular, non sale price for the base game is $79.99 Canadian, which is the standard cost for a current generation console title.

Interestingly, I don't play many new PC games myself either, or any new game as modern game design just doesn't speak to me. I mostly play older stuff, from as old as '98, but more commonly from the 2011 to 2013 time frame. The Mortal Kombat franchise is the only one that I buy and play new at launch now.

Having said that, and having purchased Mortal Kombat 11 at launch on PC, while some of its problems have been frustrating, none of them have been game breaking. I'm not saying that as an excuse for the issues, and some have had them far more severe than I, I'm saying I've seen far, far worse. This is still night and day over Mortal Kombat X.

The fighting game genre does seem to have reoccurring issues on PC as a whole though, I can't say why. I know the Street Fighter franchise has had performance problems, I've heard Tekken has as well. I'm actually really interested in Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition now, but apparently lots of people are having issue where not all the characters are unlocking! Can you imagine that? Buying the game only to find three of the characters you own are locked, or worse, some of reported all but the rotational free character are locked! That makes the issues Mortal Kombat 11 is having seem like nothing to me.

Most people having those issues seem to be trying the game via Game Pass, though some who have indeed purchased have stated some characters locked.

elephantvision

Your Cousins, Sisters, 1st cousins favorite gamer
So.. please help me here. Are any of you that play on PC able to go into your Kombat Kard, Go into the replays, Click on opponent profile and add them to friends list from there? It's SO FUCKIN ANNOYING. I have good matches with people ALL THE TIME and I can't add them to my friends list. Such shit

So.. please help me here. Are any of you that play on PC able to go into your Kombat Kard, Go into the replays, Click on opponent profile and add them to friends list from there? It's SO FUCKIN ANNOYING. I have good matches with people ALL THE TIME and I can't add them to my friends list. Such shit
I've never tried doing that, as I'm not one to oft add randoms. Having said that, can you not simply enter their name via the Steam client's Friends window?

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
i might be able to play tonight if i dont passout again. my job is slowly making me a zombie if you dont mind beating a zombie ill be down
Well I wanted to play but I am house sitting and they don’t have a Ethernet cable long enough to be of any use so I am kinda fucked now.

I started properly checking again with the last patch, and I believe they've improved performance. Outside of when the game is loading and briefly when matches are loading, my CPU usage no longer stays at 100% for a long time, it spikes and then drops, which is normal. My GPU is usually being used 20% more than the CPU, which is as it should be.

I haven't been having frame issues at match starts either.

I'll keep checking over the next while, but this is a great sign.

The exception is the Krypt. That takes about two minutes for my CPU to drop down from 100%, and it is still a little choppy at the start as a result, even though I'm only playing at 30 FPS. Considering I'm not in the Krypt much though, that's not world breaking for me.

alright i have a very bad news for PC players. i didnt think that would be possible ever in a fighting game but cheating/hacking/moding got his way in the KL on pc.

im not talking about the forfeit win glitch or the lag switching. there is a way now for some assholes to lock up your specials moves i know it sounds retarded but its real. it happened twice to me.

i wasnt lagging the guys had between 80-100 ms no lagging not wifi not an execution issue wasnt my controller i only had access to my normals and blocking. couldnt do a single special move for two rounds.

the first time that happened to me i went to check my controller and switch it up i just bought a new one so i tried and no issue with both in training mode. so i was confuse af then a friend of mine poked me on steam and told me the same story. i was like thank god its not just me... but i got sad at the sametime lol cause now i really dont feel like playing KL anymore.