What's new

PC/Steam Version - Performance, Technical and General Discussion Thread

That feels... Awful. I was hoping it was a weird bug and not wobble intrinsic to the game because hitting some of these timings is tight and dialing a combo from a mash is awful.
I agree it's not ideal at all, but thus far, with a little practice, I do find it quite manageable.

The new SS Reflections that was introduced in the 05/24 patch, can anyone tell me exactly what those are? I have not been noticing a visual difference with the setting on or off.

Raider

Noob
The new SS Reflections that was introduced in the 05/24 patch, can anyone tell me exactly what those are? I have not been noticing a visual difference with the setting on or off.
Look at the floor of some stages. For example Cyber Lin Kuei Assembly. On some stages there is no difference at all.

Im on PS4 Pro but Im also thinking about getting PC version. Thing is... my PC is probably too potato to run it but I thought I'll ask what ppl think.

GPU: GTX 970 4GB
RAM: 8GB
CPU: i5 2,53 GHz

It runs MKX flawlessly on max settings but what about MK11? I dont care about graphics quality, would play even on lowest settings if it held stable 60fps.

Any thoughts?

EDIT: it's GTX 970 4GB
There should definitely be a configuration that gets you stable 60 FPS with that machine, probably pretty close to max. MK11 is pretty RAM hungry and you'll definitely want 16GB if you run anything else while playing (i.e. browser playing music or whatever). Keep in mind you can just buy on Steam, run some benchmarks and tool around, refund if it's not running how you hoped.
Here's my list of updated bugs that I'm experiencing:

Major

- Krypt regularly crashing to desktop. This was introduced with the 05/24 patch, and it does not seem to matter if it's at 30 FPS or 60 FPS. After the fourth crash, I verified my game's file integrity via the Steam Client, and I've been able to run around the Krypt for more than five minutes without a crash, so this may have solved the issue, but I need to test further.

Minor

- In Character Intros, at 60 FPS, the first character to speak will not move their mouth. This occurs 100% of the time, and is a bug introduced with the 05/24 patch. On rare occasions, further dialogue will appear slightly out-of-sync. Note this bug only affects characters with lips. Characters like Baraka are unaffected and will always move their mouth.

- On occasion, I'll see white or green artifacts pop up for a frame or so on-screen. This only occurs in a match, not menus, and the frequency seems to have increased with the 05/24 patch. I have not been able to reproduce on-demand, but I've been noticing it occurs more in Goro's Lair.

- Every so often, the Fatality music will not play when a Fatality is initiated. This seems to occur on any stage, and will also occur sometimes if the AI performs a Fatality.

- On rare occasions, the Stage music seems to cut out completely on the Prehistoric Stage. I have not had this occur on any other background, including the other Hourglass ones.

Nuisance/Quality of Life

- In order to skip watching intros, I now need to press "Y" as opposed to "A." This was a common thing in the previous two Mortal Kombat games, either on PC or console, as I remap my face buttons to 2,3,1,4. Since "3" is now mapped to "Y," I now have to press this button to skip intros. Ironically while in previous games, this bug was not a thing in Mortal Kombat 11 until the 05/24 patch.

- The game's default master volume is extremely low.

My system specs are:

• Intel Core i5 4440 @ 3.10 Ghz
  • 16 GB Ram
  • nVidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti OC Windforce 6G with the 430.64 Drivers
  • 1 TB HDD
  • Windows 10 Home October 2018 Update
  • Hori Fighting Commander for Xbox One
  • Logitech K120 Keyboard and Mouse
Note I use my Controller to play normally, save for the Krypt where I use the Mouse/Keyboard since the Fighting Commander doesn't have sticks. I also need to awkwardly use the Keyboard to use Konsumables in Towers.

I'm regularly updating WB Support and providing them any info they request.
Gotta say, props to you for doing the legwork on reporting those issues and following up!

@CorneliusBrutus Thanks! I want the game running as well as possible just like everyone else, so I figured getting Support the info and details they need to best solve things is a good idea. Beats just complaining about stuff in a forum magically hoping it'll get fixed somehow ;).

They're asking me for my msinfo, which I'll send to them tonight when I get home, as well as details on all the troubleshooting steps I've taken so far. I'll send my latest crash logs too, and I've offered to record clips of stuff for them if that helps.

Here's my list of updated bugs that I'm experiencing:

Major

- Krypt regularly crashing to desktop. This was introduced with the 05/24 patch, and it does not seem to matter if it's at 30 FPS or 60 FPS. After the fourth crash, I verified my game's file integrity via the Steam Client, and I've been able to run around the Krypt for more than five minutes without a crash, so this may have solved the issue, but I need to test further.

Minor

- In Character Intros, at 60 FPS, the first character to speak will not move their mouth. This occurs 100% of the time, and is a bug introduced with the 05/24 patch. On rare occasions, further dialogue will appear slightly out-of-sync. Note this bug only affects characters with lips. Characters like Baraka are unaffected and will always move their mouth.

- On occasion, I'll see white or green artifacts pop up for a frame or so on-screen. This only occurs in a match, not menus, and the frequency seems to have increased with the 05/24 patch. I have not been able to reproduce on-demand, but I've been noticing it occurs more in Goro's Lair.

- Every so often, the Fatality music will not play when a Fatality is initiated. This seems to occur on any stage, and will also occur sometimes if the AI performs a Fatality.

- On rare occasions, the Stage music seems to cut out completely on the Prehistoric Stage. I have not had this occur on any other background, including the other Hourglass ones.

Nuisance/Quality of Life

- In order to skip watching intros, I now need to press "Y" as opposed to "A." This was a common thing in the previous two Mortal Kombat games, either on PC or console, as I remap my face buttons to 2,3,1,4. Since "3" is now mapped to "Y," I now have to press this button to skip intros. Ironically while in previous games, this bug was not a thing in Mortal Kombat 11 until the 05/24 patch.

- The game's default master volume is extremely low.

My system specs are:

• Intel Core i5 4440 @ 3.10 Ghz
  • 16 GB Ram
  • nVidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti OC Windforce 6G with the 430.64 Drivers
  • 1 TB HDD
  • Windows 10 Home October 2018 Update
  • Hori Fighting Commander for Xbox One
  • Logitech K120 Keyboard and Mouse
Note I use my Controller to play normally, save for the Krypt where I use the Mouse/Keyboard since the Fighting Commander doesn't have sticks. I also need to awkwardly use the Keyboard to use Konsumables in Towers.

I'm regularly updating WB Support and providing them any info they request.
To update the above, the file integrity check did not resolve the Krypt crash to desktop. I was able to test more last night, and I've discovered:

• When Krypt 60 FPS Mode is "On," the Krypt will crash in about five minutes of play.
  • When Krypt 60 FPS Mode is "Off," you can play for a lot longer, roughly around fifteen minutes, before a crash.
  • Pressing "Esc" on the Keyboard to exit Kollector's Shop seems to guarantee a crash a moment later. Pressing "B" on the Controller to Exit the shop does not crash the game.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Hopefully I won’t desync anymore due to attacking my opponent...

Raider

Noob
This patch destroyed my performance and so many players are having the same issue and talking about it on Steam forums. Game runs like a slow motion now.

Also that soul thing in the forest that you need to unlock to get the amulet is still 10k souls on PC. Wtf?

I fired up Steam a few hours ago, and the patch for me was 2.1 GB. When I launched the game everything proceeded as normal, and the game's menus and such, including the Kustomize Menu, were perfectly fine. I noticed some Tutorial Screens pop up when I went to Kustomize; not sure if they're new or if something was "reset" on my end. I still have all my Currency, Gear, and Skins, so thankfully nothing lost.

I confirmed none of my video options have changed, and then tried the game's benchmark. My FPS was atrocious! This had never happen before, and the benchmark placed me in the "Red" category. I think I was around an average of 25 FPS or something.

I rejected all the video settings, decided to try switching Menus and Special Moves back to 30 FPS and tried the benchmark again. This time it improved to "Yellow," around 45 FPS I think.

I immediately tried the benchmark a third time, and back to 60 FPS.

I went and did some Towers in the Towers of Time, and all was well. I confirmed the characters in intros move their mouths in the first line still at 30 FPS. After the first tower I switched Menus and Special Moves back to 60 FPS, and went back to Towers of Time: no FPS issues. Characters still will not move their mouth on the first line at 60 FPS, so that big remains.

I finished a few more Towers, exited the game, and the launched it again. Tried the benchmark, and was at an average of 59, which is no big deal. It was 60 through almost the entire benchmark. Tried it twice more and it was again 59 average, and then 60 average. I recall the benchmark giving me either or since launch, so everything seems back to normal, at least in traditional play.

I have not yet tried the Krypt to see if it's still crashing on me, but I'd assume it would be since that was not addressed by yesterday's patch.

I just find this whole thing very odd.

For those having trouble, have you tried the Benchmark thrice?

Also, before logging in to Steam, I did update my nVidia Drivers to the latest ones, which came out this past Tuesday.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
I fired up Steam a few hours ago, and the patch for me was 2.1 GB. When I launched the game everything proceeded as normal, and the game's menus and such, including the Kustomize Menu, were perfectly fine. I noticed some Tutorial Screens pop up when I went to Kustomize; not sure if they're new or if something was "reset" on my end. I still have all my Currency, Gear, and Skins, so thankfully nothing lost.

I confirmed none of my video options have changed, and then tried the game's benchmark. My FPS was atrocious! This had never happen before, and the benchmark placed me in the "Red" category. I think I was around an average of 25 FPS or something.

I rejected all the video settings, decided to try switching Menus and Special Moves back to 30 FPS and tried the benchmark again. This time it improved to "Yellow," around 45 FPS I think.

I immediately tried the benchmark a third time, and back to 60 FPS.

I went and did some Towers in the Towers of Time, and all was well. I confirmed the characters in intros move their mouths in the first line still at 30 FPS. After the first tower I switched Menus and Special Moves back to 60 FPS, and went back to Towers of Time: no FPS issues. Characters still will not move their mouth on the first line at 60 FPS, so that big remains.

I finished a few more Towers, exited the game, and the launched it again. Tried the benchmark, and was at an average of 59, which is no big deal. It was 60 through almost the entire benchmark. Tried it twice more and it was again 59 average, and then 60 average. I recall the benchmark giving me either or since launch, so everything seems back to normal, at least in traditional play.

I have not yet tried the Krypt to see if it's still crashing on me, but I'd assume it would be since that was not addressed by yesterday's patch.

I just find this whole thing very odd.

For those having trouble, have you tried the Benchmark thrice?

Also, before logging in to Steam, I did update my nVidia Drivers to the latest ones, which came out this past Tuesday.
It looks like the cpu stays under heavy load for a long time after you start. I had the same problem and just waited in training mode until I saw my cpu use drop and my fps went back to solid 60 fps.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Uh! Let's make up for that lack of a match during the beta.

The game apparently runs worse now since the last patch. For mine, I had to re-download the 2.1GB patch because it bugged some of the files the first time, and the game was crashing. Also, the patch introduced more DRM / anti-cheat malware, which almost certainly accounts for the performance dips (for those experiencing it -- of which I am not one).

BTW, said anti cheat is already circumvented :coffee:

John_NX

Your circumstances are dire!
The game apparently runs worse now since the last patch. For mine, I had to re-download the 2.1GB patch because it bugged some of the files the first time, and the game was crashing. Also, the patch introduced more DRM / anti-cheat malware, which almost certainly accounts for the performance dips (for those experiencing it -- of which I am not one).

BTW, said anti cheat is already circumvented :coffee:
My game is stuck running at 45-50 fps now. It's literally unplayable

It looks like the cpu stays under heavy load for a long time after you start. I had the same problem and just waited in training mode until I saw my cpu use drop and my fps went back to solid 60 fps.
Does it do that every time you launch the game though? For me, it seems to have been a one-shot deal.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I'm desyncing more now than I ever was. I already was desyncing anytime I staggered strings into more pressure, but now I'm even getting desyncs when I'm on the defensive. @Hellbringer and I got a desync earlier when we both neutral jumped at the same time...