What's new

General/Other Patch v1.05 Green Arrow changes

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
I don't like the nerfs but they aren't devastating, and I do agree that d2 buff will help GA a lot!

I am still pretty mad though, as GA could really use some small buffs here and there, but NRS are basically saying "No way he is getting any buffs! Keep nerfing!"

Edit: And btw, the f2d13 in to super was so good because it would connect on both hit and block, where 33 xx super will only connect on block for example!

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
As long as the arrow can't be interrupted on block it's fine.

F2D13 and B23 never gave a proper inescapable reset anyway. If you want to fuck them up for blocking, use 3,3 super.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
As long as the arrow can't be interrupted on block it's fine.

F2D13 and B23 never gave a proper inescapable reset anyway. If you want to fuck them up for blocking, use 3,3 super.
Dude, people have been able to interrupt D1~Arrow on block since day one and no one does it,

and no one bitches about it lol. I get away with murder with D1 lol

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
The nerfed cancel advantage is just going to make his guaranteed super off of f2d13 on block not work anymore, same for b13. He still is plus on block and the character isn't useless.

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
I think nerfed to the ground may be over exaggerated :p I'm still wondering what "slightly less cancel advantage" means. Probably refers to the super reset but I can't say for certain.
It means that people can escape the reset easily! And I think that is the right thing. I never wanted to use it!

SimSim

It means that people can escape the reset easily! And I think that is the right thing. I never wanted to use it!

I don't really understand this reasoning. An unblockable super is undeniably meant to be used in set ups to catch the opponent by using it's... unblockable property:p

Roko1985

I don't really understand this reasoning. An unblockable super is undeniably meant to be used in set ups to catch the opponent by using it's... unblockable property:p
I guess, but if you use it naked or on block , your opponent should be able to escape. You can combo into it and continue after it into freeze. Don't you thing is enough?!?!

SimSim

I guess, but if you use it naked or on block , your opponent should be able to escape. You can combo into it and continue after it into freeze. Don't you thing is enough?!?!
No I don't. If you are going to combo in to it, it might as well not have been unblockable, and it could have done more than a measly 32% (Without follow up damage ofc). I think it's fair and meant to be nearly unescapable with the right set ups, but I think the f2d13 string was nerfed because it would combo in to super on hit, and still be almost unescapable on block. Now you will need to use 33 xx super to land super on block.

Roko1985

No I don't. If you are going to combo in to it, it might as well not have been unblockable, and it could have done more than a measly 32% (Without follow up damage ofc). I think it's fair and meant to be nearly unescapable with the right set ups, but I think the f2d13 string was nerfed because it would combo in to super on hit, and still be almost unescapable on block. Now you will need to use 33 xx super to land super on block.
You get the point! You can't have super that hits no matter block or not. That shit is broken. 33 is a another story. Even thee 111 on hit is not that easy to escape like people are saying. They are just making it fair!

Roko1985

And there are still some setups close to the corner that characters have hard time dashing back to escape and some wake ups are difficult to time right.

Watch this end up making f2d13~arrow interruptible. I cant test anything right now & havent even touched the game in a couple months...But if f2d13~arrow becomes escapable Green Arrow is basically bottom tier. He needs this frame trap to be able to open up his offense (unless his whole strategy is seriously supposed to revolve around the low/overhead arrow "mix up" at the highest level).
This is exactly what I feared but it's impossible to tell until we test. d1-arrow is already interruptable, imagine the f2d13 or f2d1-arrow mixup becomes interruptable. That would seriously hurt the character.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
This is exactly what I feared but it's impossible to tell until we test. d1-arrow is already interruptable, imagine the f2d13 or f2d1-arrow mixup becomes interruptable. That would seriously hurt the character.
I'm willing to bet that wont be the case. D1 is negative on block and f2d13 is +1. Also f2d13 has a ton of cancel advantage, even if it's not enough for a super trap you will have enough time to get out an arrow without getting interrupted. I can't see them taking away GA's only legitimate 50/50.

I'm willing to bet that wont be the case. D1 is negative on block and f2d13 is +1. Also f2d13 has a ton of cancel advantage, even if it's not enough for a super trap you will have enough time to get out an arrow without getting interrupted. I can't see them taking away GA's only legitimate 50/50.
Yea lets hope so. It did say "slighty less cancel advantage".

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
What ppl are forgetting here and calling the cancel advantage nerf "fair" due the damage output was too great and unclashable.
Do not forget that
- GA damage output is not that good from the setups he can use in actual battle , getting 25% and 29% with a bar is ridiculous bad IMO, and that damage is not easy to get as ppl think it is, counting that he still has to load another arrow to keep fighting, sacrifice damage to load Arrow, and the way to sometimes keep up with other characters is by using the Super Reset, in return he has to spend all the bars just to get that damage.

Not to mention that his best launcher (113) has a hitbox problem, which the 1st hit whiff unless used from a j1, he can't punish projectiles by shooting down arrows, and his jump feels kind of heavy, sometimes you can get your damage because ppl can't block F2d13 properly.

Ice Arrow Xcales damage by -5% D2 also does scales damage, but its universal.
There are characters where you can't even stay away from them, you'll get killed if you do, or if you try Chris G tech of Savage blast to build your meter.

If his damage output was increased a little, just change is standing 1 to mid instead of high, and his low arrows to be true crouch, i wouldn't mind if they nerf away all super resets setups.

Electric Arrows are the way to go IMO, but that arrow will only work better if 113 hitbox gets a fix

33~Super on block its a gimmick that can be easely avoided, that setup will only work on who doesn't know the MU, ppl who spent a few mins in the lab will make you waste 4 bars of meter for nothing if you use this setup

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
Oh yeah that's awesome, I dont play him to be honest, I based that opinion on only what I have seen.
Trevor, lets play some games. I'll teach you Green Arrow and some resets that NRS can't nerf. I'm guessing they want combo's into super to all link together which would be dumb considering they gave him an unblockable super.

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
Trevor, lets play some games. I'll teach you Green Arrow and some resets that NRS can't nerf. I'm guessing they want combo's into super to all link together which would be dumb considering they gave him an unblockable super.
Yeah dude umm I play on psn. You live in phoenix right?

EOTL

Grabs are also unblockable and used in set ups to catch the opponent by using it's... unblockable property. Unblockable doesn't necessarily mean unavoidable. Its still a high damage super which does over 50% off any standard ice arrow mixup or confirm. You can also use it if you're very quick to catch people at mid-far range jumping to avoid lightning/fire arrow zoning

EDIT: Even if you only ever combo* into. The unblockable nature combined with the ice arrow reset allows for unscaled damage increasing damage output further.