What's new

General/Other Patch v1.05 Green Arrow changes

There is now slightly less cancel advantage when the Queen’s Gambit (Forward+2, Down+1, 3) and Light It Up (Away+2, 3) combo is blocked.
What do you guys think? Discuss. I'm not entirely sure what "slightly less cancel advantage" means.

They nerfed our super resets. that's what I think.
I was re reading it and to me it seems like they made both strings more negative on block. Guess they don;t really care for Green Arrow, all they've done to him in balance patches is nerf him to the ground.

I think nerfed to the ground may be over exaggerated :p I'm still wondering what "slightly less cancel advantage" means. Probably refers to the super reset but I can't say for certain.

This character is now officially useless. We're still stuck with 1% arrows. Our low arrows cannot be used to zone because our hitbox doesn;t lower so we will get hit all the time in a zoning war. We still have to sacrifice damage to be able to load an arrow, since loading an arrow is risky, which is sad because his entire gameplan revolves around his trait. The damage scaling after freeze arrows is still horrible. We have shit damage output and no effective way to use meter other than super. Now we have less reset opportunities after the wakeup system buff and the nerf to our 2 best strings. Good job NRS, You have effectively taken a mid tier character and obliterated him to the bottom of the barrel

I think nerfed to the ground may be over exaggerated :p I'm still wondering what "slightly less cancel advantage" means. Probably refers to the super reset but I can't say for certain.
I think it means that there is an increase in the time to allow a special or super right after the strings are blocked. I'm guessing you cant hit the super right away due to the increase thus eliminating the guaranteed super after those blockstrings.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
My main problem with this nerf is that F2D13~4 into Dash will not be neutral like it used to be.

It used to take skill to dash in time to be neutral, otherwise you would be minus, but this nerf now doesn't give anyone incentive to do so. In my opinion they should've just removed the ability to kancel into Super on block as that is just a gimmick generally. I think the reason they did this instead is because they didn't think it would bother anyone but taking away frames from neutral means they will be minus.

If they take away 4 frames then you will be -4 etc... And if you mess that up (which is highly possible because it's not easy to do) then you will be even punishable now.

B23 being nerfed seems fine though.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
To elaborate more on the change:

What it generally means is that both strings will cancel later, which increases the gap between the string and the special/arrow cancelled into. Which does exactly what Red Reaper implies.

Seapeople

This one's for you
Watch this end up making f2d13~arrow interruptible. I cant test anything right now & havent even touched the game in a couple months...But if f2d13~arrow becomes escapable Green Arrow is basically bottom tier. He needs this frame trap to be able to open up his offense (unless his whole strategy is seriously supposed to revolve around the low/overhead arrow "mix up" at the highest level).

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Im just wanting to know how big of a change his D2 gets in the universal buff. If it becomes fast enough to start offense with I may just be able to setup MB sky alert damage easily. I still think he needs a few buffs, but i'm pretty eager to see what options a stronger d2 will bring since I dont know its new data yet.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
its too soon to get super worked up about this,

I think it was decreased just enough to stop the garanteed super on block. We won't know till Tuesday.

There are other ways to super reset, I never used super off F2D13 on block, and haven't had any problems.

They haven't changed the any of the block or frame data on the strings, just how fast your super/trait/special move come out, Think of it as the gap between the blocked 3 and the move starting up.

Nothing was changed to F2D1 / F2 / B2 /B13(people should be using this more) and MOST importantly, nothing was changed to the advatage of arrows on hit or block. And we'll just have to wait and see if you can interupt an arrow after F2D13~arrow (i don't think so because of the push back, but who knows, because right now you can interupt D1~arrow with a 6frame move or a MB B3 for most of the cast and no one does that)

And second most important, nothing was changed to our D1 (even though I would love a 6f D1 that shit just isn't gonna happen lol)

So keep your pantys on arrow players, this is not a big deal in my eyes,

oh, and people need to quit trying to zone with Arrow, don't try get in projectile wars with this character, he is not a zoning character.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Im just wanting to know how big of a change his D2 gets in the universal buff. If it becomes fast enough to start offense with I may just be able to setup MB sky alert damage easily. I still think he needs a few buffs, but i'm pretty eager to see what options a stronger d2 will bring since I dont know its new data yet.
His D2 is already pretty good,

They didn't say what the universal buff is, my guess is hit box wise over speed, making them all the same speed would be dumb in my eyes, also they may have just changed priority in the game for D2s to trade easier with jumps ins, or some such thing, we must be patient :)

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
My main problem with this nerf is that F2D13~4 into Dash will not be neutral like it used to be.

It used to take skill to dash in time to be neutral, otherwise you would be minus, but this nerf now doesn't give anyone incentive to do so. In my opinion they should've just removed the ability to kancel into Super on block as that is just a gimmick generally. I think the reason they did this instead is because they didn't think it would bother anyone but taking away frames from neutral means they will be minus.

If they take away 4 frames then you will be -4 etc... And if you mess that up (which is highly possible because it's not easy to do) then you will be even punishable now.

B23 being nerfed seems fine though.
no where does it say anything about block or hit data being changed on Arrow(trait)

I think the other reason for this is, I don't think we'll be able to do that loop of F2D13~UphavenBlast to superman in the corner, i think it worked on like 3 other characters, they should be able to interupt it in theory now. But who knows.

@ Jimmypotato is right, I don´t think it´s a big deal. F2D13 will not be interruptable by D1 due to pushback. F2D13 on block is a blocktrap for his superreset? lol Didn´t knew, I used 33 on block or 111 block/hit. His biggest nerf (all vortex chars in general) for him was the wakeup easymode shit. When I read his patchnotes, F2D13xxstinger came to my mind. This is pretty hard to rythm block (fuzzy guarding is something completely different), especially if the opponent expects Ice Arrow. F2D1xxLow Ice, F2D13xxLowIce,F2D13xxOverhead Arrow and F2D13xxstinger. It´s possible to cover this 4 options but it´s fucking hard. I like how NRS treats GA. No EX Combo extender, 2 or 3 viable strings, nerfing blocktraps and they took him the opportunity for post knockdown games bc of a terrible wakeup system and the best thing at the game, safe wakeups which leads to a full combo like CW or Killer Frost... oh, I got sidetracked

Saffa

Noob
I think it means that there is an increase in the time to allow a special or super right after the strings are blocked. I'm guessing you cant hit the super right away due to the increase thus eliminating the guaranteed super after those blockstrings.
This is the way I understand it as well.
:(

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
I have been really trying to play him, but nrs keeps picking on him. This nerf is so stupid. He uses All of his meter for around mid fourties of damage. Most of the cast can get that much off of one bar.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
I have been really trying to play him, but nrs keeps picking on him. This nerf is so stupid. He uses All of his meter for around mid fourties of damage. Most of the cast can get that much off of one bar.
You're doing it wrong if your only getting Mid fourties with your super, it's possible to get as much as 90+ in the corner and easily 60+ midscreen

not to mention unclashable options,

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
Oh yeah that's awesome, I dont play him to be honest, I based that opinion on only what I have seen.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Oh yeah that's awesome, I dont play him to be honest, I based that opinion on only what I have seen.
Be careful not to call things stupid or say it's dumb before you know man. Thats what most of the complaining on this site is, un founded and by people that have little knowledge of what they are complaining about.

Did they have to do this nerf? No they didn't, but it was almost akin to Quan chi shit, where you are punished for blocking properly and put into an inescapable situation that is unclashable and can add extra unclashable damage after.

Arrow is still good.