What's new

Patch Update: Reptile has Armor on Ex-slide

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
I was just watching the NRS touney archives and at 1:52:25 I realized why Reptile needs his armor on en-slide, although I am kinda against that. Here Reptile is fighting Mileena, so here's my question: is Reptile able to outzone Mileena and how is her telekick advantage in this situation? If Mileena is stronger in the given situation, then, I guess, Reptile needs his armor on en-slide.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
So 122> fastball> 32> slowball> 321>slide does 26% now? Was this with or without jump in punch?? It only did 31% to begin with wtf? All for armor on slide????? Glad he finally got a real armored move but I'd rather they left him the way he was.:grr:

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
So 122> fastball> 32> slowball> 321>slide does 26% now? Was this with or without jump in punch?? It only did 31% to begin with wtf? All for armor on slide????? Glad he finally got a real armored move but I'd rather they left him the way he was.:grr:
It was false the combo is fine.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
I know but still.

I have done a lot of research on Reptile's slide.

His regular side goes 4/6 across the the screen=66% range.

His EX slide goes 5/6 across the screen=83% range.

The way I obtained is information was by training mode. From full screen I saw how many full steps it takes to get into grab range. it takes 6 full steps for Reptile to reach full screen. With regular slide you have to move in 2 full steps to hit your opponent and with the EX slide you only have to move 1 full step in. Another fun fact is that if you are starting a new match and the announcer says "FIGHT" if you jump backwards you will be just out of regular slide range, but if you take a very very small step forward you are in slide range.

Not that this has anything to do with the upcoming patch. I just thought I would throw this in there.
As long as they do not reduce the range of either slide or EX slide I am ok with it. EX slide will definitly make Reptile more of a pain than he already is. If EX slide breaks Reptile then it will need to be fixed, but we have to wait to see what they do with everyone else in the new patch first.

Migaluch

Double Dasher
As long as they do not reduce the range of either slide or EX slide I am ok with it. EX slide will definitly make Reptile more of a pain than he already is. If EX slide breaks Reptile then it will need to be fixed, but we have to wait to see what they do with everyone else in the new patch first.
I actually am a little worried about Reptile getting armor on his slide; People are going to have something new to complain about.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Ahhh thats what I get for reading only 2 pages and then posting lol. Good Stuff. Loving the armor on slide :)
Yes, indeed. At first I was hesitant about the armor, but after really looking at it, he needs it. I don't think it will break him. We have to wait and see what happens to everybodyelse.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Yes, indeed. At first I was hesitant about the armor, but after really looking at it, he needs it. I don't think it will break him. We have to wait and see what happens to everybodyelse.
Well you know I've been craving an armored move (see my Acid Hand Armor thread) only because it seems almost every character in the game has one especially in the top tiers so why not?

Question, its not super armor right? Its just like JCs ex shadow kick?

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Well you know I've been craving an armored move (see my Acid Hand Armor thread) only because it seems almost every character in the game has one especially in the top tiers so why not?

Question, its not super armor right? Its just like JCs ex shadow kick?
Correct

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
how does armor help the slide? Doesnt he duck most projectiles?
It will make it easier for Reptile to escape frame traps as well as give him a viable wakeup option. Yes he does go under most projectiles on his slide, but this will make it just that much easier for him to get in when he is getting zoned.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
how does armor help the slide? Doesnt he duck most projectiles?
He does go under most projectiles. Sub-Zero's Ice ball and Reptile's forceballs are 2 examples of projectiles that slide will not go under.

Sub-zero can't slide under Reptile's forcballs.

Reptile can't slide under Sub-zero's ice ball.

With both of these characters getting armor on their slide; this match-up has just gotten alot more interesting.

Along with the ability to get out of frame traps like the comment above me said.

Migaluch

Double Dasher
Ever since I heard about the upcoming patch, I've actually been using Ex slide a lot more and I have found that it is really, really useful. Like probably his most useful Ex move in my opinion. People just don't expect a nearly full screen slide from Reptile because his normal slide is so short ranged. Yeah, its incredibly punishable and gets me in trouble sometimes, but usually it works like it should and has helped me out tremendously in matches.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
EX slide is currently Reptile's best wakeup attack, tbh, simply due to the fact that EX moves have more invincibility on wakeup than non-EX moves, and EX invisibility can escape some traps while remaining remotely safe.

Those are the wakeup attacks he should be using (and regular slide if you know they won't try to stuff it).