What's new

General/Other - Tremor Patch Notes for Tremor (10/04/2016)

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
The flash parry probably gives Tremor the best armor in the game and, with b1 being a mid, I see him pretty high up the tier list.

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
I was about to say f4 is broke but it's a high so it's all good. I like these buffs a lot. I just wish I could have 7f poke but 8 is good. What about stone punch cancel
I was wondering the same thing, because it looks like flash parry will be tremors go to wake up/reversal etc. I am also really curious exactly how rough the run/stamina nerf will effect both flash parry, and shatter cancels. I must admit, Tremor looks very strong on paper BUT beware the stealth nerf. NRS is brutal with that shit.

OmGxBdON

I'm going to make Fate top ten
I was wondering the same thing, because it looks like flash parry will be tremors go to wake up/reversal etc. I am also really curious exactly how rough the run/stamina nerf will effect both flash parry, and shatter cancels. I must admit, Tremor looks very strong on paper BUT beware the stealth nerf. NRS is brutal with that shit.
I don't see why they would nerf tremor drastically so if anything stealth buff to air quake >:} Input wise

Last edited:

OmGxBdON

I'm going to make Fate top ten
Overall crystalline had been buffed and nerfed. Metallic is still buns and aftershock has better zoning so >:}. F1 tho damn a,s the b1. B32 cancel and shatter cancels in general buffed God damn. Also crystalline lost its best poke punished but aftershock still has its poke punisher

I'm already considering some frame traps he will have with F4 and B1 now, among other things. Looking forward to exploring the changes later.

YUZU_RZA

Aftershock | Crystalline | Metallic
The flash parry probably gives Tremor the best armor in the game and, with b1 being a mid, I see him pretty high up the tier list.
This is true, the flash Parry was already one of the best move with tremor. But now they removed armored launcher. Tremor is like a " king " with the flash parry and a 6f High forward starter

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
they didnt fix tremors pushback bug, sigh

edit. crystalline up shatter was not altered, cant combo off aftershocks anymore though from 1st glance

Last edited:

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
shatter cancels do not use Run. They will remain unchanged. its 50% stamina each cancel, every time. Changes to run shouldnt effect the flash parry either, you just need enough to start the run. Tremors run cancels arent for pressure, which is what the stam nerf primarily affects.

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
shatter cancels do not use Run. They will remain unchanged. its 50% stamina each cancel, every time. Changes to run shouldnt effect the flash parry either, you just need enough to start the run. Tremors run cancels arent for pressure, which is what the stam nerf primarily affects.
I am well aware of how Shatter cancel works, as well as the actually utility of both it and flash parry. I have played damn near nothing but Tremor since his release, and even won some events with lord Tremor!

It's my fault for not being that clear though. What I was referring to just the standard run and stamina depletion.

The thing about Tremor is that his forward dash is possibly the worst in the game, so in a lot of cases short distances will be covered by what I'll call "micro runs".

I was curious how fast run would deplete stamina, and how that would effectsaid moves. I understand we were given exact figures, but moving around in an actual match has a different feel and presents different challenges.

As it turns out, yes. Flash parry AND Shatter cancels suffer from the new mechanics.. a short run from jump distance can deplete 3/4 of a bar preventing any sort of a cancel.

Anyway, no complaints or anything, just explaining my musings from yesterday, and then letting you know that I got my answer today (as expected). :)

Last edited:

FGF111

Noob
They really buffed Tremor quite abit and i'm kinda surprised that they kept his flash parry.

I was expecting a reversion on uprock though, especially since now everyone has two hits of armor to break out of HTBs.

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
Tremor feels REALLY strong in this new meta. No more armored launchers means I can go ham without fearing being blown up for 30%. They can armor out, but its less damage and costs a bar. Tremors footsies are soooo strong with the improvement to d1, f4, and f1. It is constantly my turn, and as a lava player I am constantly putting people back on their feet and back into frame traps. I also never need meter for damage, 36% meterless unbreakable restand midscreen, so i have breaker or xray available basically when ever i want them.

and we still have flash parry.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Am I crazy? forward +2 feels a LOT faster than 26 frames, honestly It feels like 18.
haha man i thought that 1st time i seen new f2 as well, was like wtf that looks faster than 4 frames. maybe its just the animation with the diff recovery frames or something. could always just record it and frame count? (thank you based ps4 60fps streaming)

also something i havn't seen mentioned yet is the difference between f4 on whiff now, recovers well faster than before

Mr.EditUndo

Meterburn the Meterburn
haha man i thought that 1st time i seen new f2 as well, was like wtf that looks faster than 4 frames. maybe its just the animation with the diff recovery frames or something. could always just record it and frame count? (thank you based ps4 60fps streaming)
dang on xbox, im going to try and do it on xboxlive. I have to know forsure