What's new

General/Other - Tremor Patch Notes for Tremor (10/04/2016)

M2Dave

Zoning Master
  • Tremor - Towards+FP now has 6 startup frames (down from 7)
  • Tremor - Away+FP now has 14 startup frames (down from 19)
  • Tremor - Down+FP now has 8 startup frames (down from 9)
  • Tremor - Towards+BP now has 26 startup frames (down from 30), is +2 on block (up from -6), and has 11 less miss recovery frames
  • Tremor - Towards+BK is now +6 on block (up from -14) and now hits high
  • Tremor - Stone Slam cannot be changed into Stone Kut or Stone Hammer if its armor is hit
  • Tremor - changing Stone Slam into Stone Kut or Stone Hammer will remove its armor
  • Tremor - adjusted the hit reaction Rock Blast (Up Shatter) to reduce the combo potential
  • Tremor (Aftershock) -
  • Tremor (Metallic) - Gold Launch no longer has armor
  • Tremor (Metallic) - Magma Blast now has 2 hits of armor
  • Tremor (Crystalline) - Fixed a bug where a summoned Krystal could be invisible while thrown
  • Tremor (Crystalline) - Krystal Blast no longer has armor
Sources: Click here.

OmGxBdON

I'm going to make Fate top ten
  • Tremor - Towards+FP now has 6 startup frames (down from 7)
  • Tremor - Away+FP now has 14 startup frames (down from 19)
  • Tremor - Down+FP now has 8 startup frames (down from 9)
  • Tremor - Towards+BP now has 26 startup frames (down from 30), is +2 on block (up from -6), and has 11 less miss recovery frames
  • Tremor - Towards+BK is now +6 on block (up from -14) and now hits high
  • Tremor - Stone Slam cannot be changed into Stone Kut or Stone Hammer if its armor is hit
  • Tremor - changing Stone Slam into Stone Kut or Stone Hammer will remove its armor
  • Tremor - adjusted the hit reaction Rock Blast (Up Shatter) to reduce the combo potential
  • Tremor (Aftershock) -
  • Tremor (Metallic) - Gold Launch no longer has armor
  • Tremor (Metallic) - Magma Blast now has 2 hits of armor
  • Tremor (Crystalline) - Fixed a bug where a summoned Krystal could be invisible while thrown
  • Tremor (Crystalline) - Krystal Blast no longer has armor
Sources: Click here.
I was about to say f4 is broke but it's a high so it's all good. I like these buffs a lot. I just wish I could have 7f poke but 8 is good. What about stone punch cancel

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Well they gave us the mid people were clamoring for.

I love that f2 buff, and I'd rather f4 be a high then a sort of mid.

Hey man that two hits on magma shatter is gonna be huge in some matchups.

Edit: His pressure should also be a lot better without launchers being rampant. And hey 6 frame f1 with the changes to stamina I wonder how flash parries blockstrings will be looking.

Last edited:

OmGxBdON

Well they gave us the mid people were clamoring for.

I love that f2 buff, and I'd rather f4 be a high then a sort of mid.

Hey man that two hits on magma shatter is gonna be huge in some matchups.
Yeah but if u can still cancel the stone punch I'd rather not use letallic unless it's against lui Kang but even en metallic is still meh

OmGxBdON

The only thing that saddens me about the changes is the change to the Up Punch not having armor anymore. I loved using it to AA
Oh shit I just realized that :(. But 6 frame AA with nerfed jumps. Don't really need the up punch anymore

Folux182

Noob
Oh shit I just realized that :(. But 6 frame AA with nerfed jumps. Don't really need the up punch anymore
True! Didn't even think about that. It'll take some getting used to, but at least he still has other options. I think Tremor got through this patch just fine, possibly made him slightly better

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
we kept the double digits plus frames on bf2 and ex bf4 which is very nice.
dunno why they buffed d1 and not d3 but that being 8 frames is insanely good.
6 frame f1, lmfao!
i like the f2 change, at least when we get it by mistake now, were plus
glad were still keeping the flash parry aswell, id well take losing armor on db2u/d for keeping that.
b1 change is awesome, 14 mid, yes please.
nice they put his big leg plus on block like the rest of the cast, being a high is alright since b1 got buffed i guess.
metallic changes bit strange, no more armored projectile :( and 2 hits of armor on lava db1.
glad ex crystalline still launches, id rather that than it having armor and not launching.
the up shatter nerf seems at face value to be a nothing nerf

im really hoping they fixed his pushback bug and it just wasnt mentioned

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
just thought there whatever about no armor on db1 crystalline will have a harder time getting off the ground with no armor on db2u, wakeup flash parries it is so lol

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
I mean the lack of a real armored threat when doing cancels is gonna feel good but having no armor yourself is gonna be a whole new world lul good luck tremors

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
also, everyone lost armored launchers, but i didnt see any mention of taking away our flash parry when Ex stone punch is cancelled

OmGxBdON

The game has changed so much that I have no idea what to think at the moment. I will share my opinion in this thread soon. What do you think?
I think the nerf to jumps and the run mechanic makes aftershock go up the tier list especially cuz they didn't touch him but the armor nerf. He would still struggle is his losing MUs but definently not as much. Overall I think he has been inadvertently buffed a lot

MasterBelmont

Aspiring competitive MKXL/MVCI player from Oregon
I'm perfectly okay with these changes. I was still fine with how he was post-XL patch, so just about anything's good with me (apart from a big nerf, of course).

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I think the nerf to jumps and the run mechanic makes aftershock go up the tier list especially cuz they didn't touch him but the armor nerf. He would still struggle is his losing MUs but definently not as much. Overall I think he has been inadvertently buffed a lot
From the perspective of a Crystalline player, the loss of the armor on EX low stone shatter is devastating. As you already know, the EX low stone shatter has quietly been the best overall move in the last two or three versions of the game. Now that the armor is gone forever, Crystalline Tremor players will have to find innovative ways to manage low pokes.

I believe if Tremor retains the armor on the EX stone punch cancel, which appears to be the case, I cannot imagine Crystalline (and Aftershock likewise) being anything worse than mid tier. Crystalline also retains crystallization, which, with the overall normalized armored attacks, will be better than ever, particularly in the corner. The universal buffs, even to the worthless overhead, are welcome. On paper the character still ought to be very fun to play without being too strong or too weak.

Report your findings with Aftershock in the next couple of months in the Tremor forums or the Illuminati.

Tweedy

Noob
So i'm assuming Tremor still has -7 armor with EX stone punch? I don't see anything about it or it's modifications.

Also if his D1 is still -3 then that's super nice.

Happy for the Tremor community and maybe i'll come in and see what's up with the Sub Zero MU, now that my tail gets frozen lol.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
So i'm assuming Tremor still has -7 armor with EX stone punch? I don't see anything about it or it's modifications.
Correct. But if you press up or down after EX stone punch, you lose the armor. EX stone punch is insignificant on its own. The million dollar question is whether EX stone punch cancel still exists or not.

Guys, up stone puch have no armor now? That mean, we cant combo after AA... What will be AA now? uppercut?
Hopefully, uppercut, standing jab, and f+1 get the job done.

Rabbit

thugs bunny
i was really hoping for some metallic changes but looks like that variation will stay a troll pick to use against players with poor defense and that never block low.

would of been happy with at least a buff to the gold pebbles