What's new

Patch Notes for Jade (v. 1.07)

Phr4nk

2021 Ash Main
The blazing nitro kick buff doesn’t impact the ED kick. The Jaded amplified nitro kick had more recovery, and is now more in line with the ED version

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Jaded just became fun as hell with some terrifying changes. The mind games that were just added to the previously-dull Pole Vault are super silly.

Also, Skarlets and Shangs are about to have the fear of the lord struck into them by Jaded. Their tentacles and corpses ain't gunna be enough now.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Pole Vault Shadow kick can be jailed into from some normals/strings for that sexy +3. When you input pole vault just hold down 3 and spam amplify. List:

F2
B3
F3
F34

Kustom Mode only: (Nitro Kick is NOT optional, you need Pole Vault and Nitro Kick.)

Why they gotta release a patch while I'm traveling for work?

I'm uh.. cough sick. I gotta go home.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I think people are heavily discounting how obnoxiously dope she is now as a rushdown character. Flawless blocking back 3,4,3,4 just got a lot less viable versus her because of ex run shadow kick. Back 3,4,3,4 is plus 5 on block and the kick being plus 3 is super lit. Jade will be tagging people with plus frames like gang busters if she is played well with good meter management. Pole vault only being -3 for its range is actually super potent too. Stagger you to death, get in on you with a safe on block chip special that hits mid and is cancelable on top of her run shadow kick and glow. She gets in well and is unpleasantly potent when she does.

People mad about safe staff spin suggestions, but this is actually better and plus so lol to them.

People also aren't understanding that she can now do BACK 2 and BACK 1 and cancel into this for safe ranged harassment. Safe overhead and so on. I'm surprise people aren't more hyphy about this.

Jade now has two fun, unique variations instead of one. I feel like Jaded has a legitimate place in the meta and I'm gonna switch over to it as a main focus after Kombat League season ends.

She reminds me of Hawkgirl/Doomsday now where she has strong mobility and counter zoning into plus frames for a bar.

Her bad match ups took a hit AND she got some juice to check people she can't zone well against. I'm here for it all.

Yes, +3 for one bar of meter. Pretty damn godlike considering it's gapless off of multiple strings and she gets a poke check in some cases and then mind games can follow from there.
To be fair, I was doing all of this before the patch...it wasn't hard to condition an opponent to get away with it, it's just even easier now lol

Espio

Kokomo
To be fair, I was doing all of this before the patch...it wasn't hard to condition an opponent to get away with it, it's just even easier now lol
You didn't have a plus on block high chip attack that was Gapless before so it's not the same especially since interrupting her normals cancelled into pole vault was never hard. People were doing that in the beta before we even had a proper training mode. Jaded went from an edgy "I wanna be different" pick to something truly worth using. Nobody was worried about Jaded which is why it has been mostly discounted until now and only used for one to two matches by most like against Scorpion or Shang Tsung. She also couldn't run up on you and activate her fatal blow either. These changes are too big to be saying, well I was doing that before lol.
@Espio Im happy for you, show us some matches!
Thank you, I recorded matches last night, I was mistiming the amp shadow kick sometimes but as the set went on it improved. I'll upload/post today or tomorrow.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
You didn't have a plus on block high chip attack that was Gapless before so it's not the same especially since interrupting her normals cancelled into pole vault was never hard. People were doing that in the beta before we even had a proper training mode. Jaded went from an edgy "I wanna be different" pick to something truly worth using. Nobody was worried about Jaded which is why it has been mostly discounted until now and only used for one to two matches by most like against Scorpion or Shang Tsung. She also couldn't run up on you and activate her fatal blow either. These changes are too big to be saying, well I was doing that before lol.

Thank you, I recorded matches last night, I was mistiming the amp shadow kick sometimes but as the set went on it improved. I'll upload/post today or tomorrow.
Looking forward to it.
After researching how she can literally make F2 not only safe but a legit mixup now between F2-ampglaive and F2- polekick, Jaded just skyrocketed in the tier list. I'm going to lab the fuck out of this shit when it's out on pc.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
So am I reading this right? As in, say you do F34 into vault and kick or whatever. That entire sequence would be gapless and end in +3 on block?

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
That's freakin sweet. I knew Jaded was designed to be more pressure/rushdown. Glad they didn't abandon it.

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
I'm happy the last 4 months of using a half-completed character wasn't a complete waste of time. These changes were not what I was expecting, but they are certainly welcomed!

A +3 on block special is a game changer. And the fixed hitbox with vault brought a tear to my eye. No more D1 machine gunning out of a point blank overhead!

The nerf to the shadowkick KB kinda sucks, but whatever.

I still feel like they could have addressed the F2 and FB hitboxes a bit. Opponent can still jump right out of the FB even though the staff swings right through them in the air. But I'm super happy she can use it from her vault run

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I just want to lab this, but now I'm at work.

B343 is a true jail into enhanced shadowkick. You cannot let go of block to crouch it. That's literally the glue that ties everything together for her. If you sit there holding block it opens up her cancels...if you want to play it safe you can shadow kick...like, I'm not sure if that was intended...

Unless it's a frost only thing, but I was using her in the lab against it and she could not crouch block that pole vault shadow kick after b343.

Has anyone checked her new frames after cancels in strings? That's what I wanted to check when I got home...

Espio

Kokomo
I just want to lab this, but now I'm at work.

B343 is a true jail into enhanced shadowkick. You cannot let go of block to crouch it. That's literally the glue that ties everything together for her. If you sit there holding block it opens up her cancels...if you want to play it safe you can shadow kick...like, I'm not sure if that was intended...

Unless it's a frost only thing, but I was using her in the lab against it and she could not crouch block that pole vault shadow kick after b343.

Has anyone checked her new frames after cancels in strings? That's what I wanted to check when I got home...
designed to be more pressure/rushdown. Glad they didn't abandon it.
[/QUOTE]
Back 3,4,3 has a cancel advantage of 15 and properly done amp run shadow kick is ten frames so it's air tight along with several other buttons/strings.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
designed to be more pressure/rushdown. Glad they didn't abandon it.
Back 3,4,3 has a cancel advantage of 15 and properly done amp run shadow kick is ten frames so it's air tight along with several other buttons/strings.
[/QUOTE]

Yessir.

Have you looked into her cancel advantages on strings with just run cancel? Wondering how good they are now that it was buffed.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Oh wow my list was all whack. The tighter timing on some of these was too much for me I guess. I've amended the list to more properly reflect reality.

Afumba

Noob
Would be great if some of you could post some Jaded matches. My PS4 broke so i wont be able to play and check it out myself until its fixed. :(

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Oh wow my list was all whack. The tighter timing on some of these was too much for me I guess. I've amended the list to more properly reflect reality.
What's pole vault's startup again? Doesn't D4 guarantee us some nice juicy pressure?

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
So Labbing options against this. Pole vault shadow kick has variable pushback. If the opponent stand blocks it midscreen it doesn't guarantee you anything they can step back and have you whiff. If they crouch block it, they stay in range for a follow up b3. In the corner they don't have any defensive options after it other then to try and poke.