What's new

Patch Notes for Jade (v. 1.07)

Vhozite

Waiting on SF6
Via Reddit

Jade
• Jade - While performing Pole Vault run, Jade can now perform a special version of Blazing Nitro Kick or activate Fatal Blow
• Jade - Pole Vault damage slightly increased, recovers 1 frame faster and had its hit region adjusted
• Jade - Pole Vault Amplified damage increased by 10, starts up 1 frame faster, recovers 1 frame faster, and has 1 more active frame
• Jade - "Amplify Blazing Nitro Kick" ability has 5 more blockstun with more pushback
• Jade - Edenian Spark is now correctly considered a low projectile
• Jade - Fixed issue with "Divine Forces" ability causing it to briefly ignore physical attacks when Amplified
• Jade - Fixed issue with Hop Attacks and Temptation not being counted in the Blazing Nitro Kick Krushing Blow requirement

Agilaz

It has begun
Vault changes seem really nice. Was kinda hoping for a slight buff to the parry (in terms of start up) but this will certainly do

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Vault changes seem really nice. Was kinda hoping for a slight buff to the parry (in terms of start up) but this will certainly do
If they could make her parry more viable, I would definitely start using it. As it is now, I can never make it land other than per chance.

xTwdx

Noob
Honestly there's still no reason to use Jaded over Emerald defender because air projectile is just to good to lose.

This patch I would say Jade is the same character as she was before but the nerfs to the other characters inadvertently help her, specifically Scorpion.

Basically she's the exact same but a bit better because the nerfs to some of her bad mu's :ie Scorpion, Geras

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I was really hoping they'd get some hitbox adjustments and a jailing 2nd rang, but I might have to try out her other variation now.

TierHero

Official Jade Downplayer
Had to log back in for this one. Jaded changes are MAJOR. The new special nitro kick gives her a jailing high special that is +3 on block. The B343 string mixup game with Jaded is going to be extremely oppressive now. Also, Pole vault is now -3 on block. The increased damage on pole vault seems miniscule, but the changes to pole vault makes her pressure game potentially top 10. Still in the lab, but the changes seem welcome.

Vhozite

Waiting on SF6
Yeah this patch may make me play Jaded more. I still think ED is better but Jaded is more fun

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Had to log back in for this one. Jaded changes are MAJOR. The new special nitro kick gives her a jailing high special that is +3 on block. The B343 string mixup game with Jaded is going to be extremely oppressive now. Also, Pole vault is now -3 on block. The increased damage on pole vault seems miniscule, but the changes to pole vault makes her pressure game potentially top 10. Still in the lab, but the changes seem welcome.
Make a vid if you can?

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
This patch showed that they have her playing exactly how they want her to. Trust me guys shes really good and only got better. Im going to start using her more now.

I'm mad no buff to Parry...........QUESTIOn.......I can't figure out how to do the shadow kick during the run in JADED variation. How do I do it?

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
I was in custom variation......You need pole vault AND the shadow kick that doesnt swap position.....kind of stupid you need both equipped to do it
Ahhh, sorry, I only use custom variations and had those two on, so I didn't realise that. XD

Espio

Kokomo
I think people are heavily discounting how obnoxiously dope she is now as a rushdown character. Flawless blocking back 3,4,3,4 just got a lot less viable versus her because of ex run shadow kick. Back 3,4,3,4 is plus 5 on block and the kick being plus 3 is super lit. Jade will be tagging people with plus frames like gang busters if she is played well with good meter management. Pole vault only being -3 for its range is actually super potent too. Stagger you to death, get in on you with a safe on block chip special that hits mid and is cancelable on top of her run shadow kick and glow. She gets in well and is unpleasantly potent when she does.

People mad about safe staff spin suggestions, but this is actually better and plus so lol to them.

People also aren't understanding that she can now do BACK 2 and BACK 1 and cancel into this for safe ranged harassment. Safe overhead and so on. I'm surprise people aren't more hyphy about this.

Jade now has two fun, unique variations instead of one. I feel like Jaded has a legitimate place in the meta and I'm gonna switch over to it as a main focus after Kombat League season ends.

She reminds me of Hawkgirl/Doomsday now where she has strong mobility and counter zoning into plus frames for a bar.

Her bad match ups took a hit AND she got some juice to check people she can't zone well against. I'm here for it all.

Wait hold up that kick is PLUS
Yes, +3 for one bar of meter. Pretty damn godlike considering it's gapless off of multiple strings and she gets a poke check in some cases and then mind games can follow from there.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I think people are heavily discounting how obnoxiously dope she is now as a rushdown character. Flawless blocking back 3,4,3,4 just got a lot less viable versus her because of ex run shadow kick. Back 3,4,3,4 is plus 5 on block and the kick being plus 3 is super lit. Jade will be tagging people with plus frames like gang busters if she is played well with good meter management. Pole vault only being -3 for its range is actually super potent too. Stagger you to death, get in on you with a safe on block chip special that hits mid and is cancelable on top of her run shadow kick and glow. She gets in well and is unpleasantly potent when she does.

People mad about safe staff spin suggestions, but this is actually better and plus so lol to them.

People also aren't understanding that she can now do BACK 2 and BACK 1 and cancel into this for safe ranged harassment. Safe overhead and so on. I'm surprise people aren't more hyphy about this.

Jade now has two fun, unique variations instead of one. I feel like Jaded has a legitimate place in the meta and I'm gonna switch over to it as a main focus after Kombat League season ends.

She reminds me of Hawkgirl/Doomsday now where she has strong mobility and counter zoning into plus frames for a bar.

Her bad match ups took a hit AND she got some juice to check people she can't zone well against. I'm here for it all.

Yes, +3 for one bar of meter. Pretty damn godlike considering it's gapless off of multiple strings and she gets a poke check in some cases and then mind games can follow from there.

Vhozite

Waiting on SF6
Yeah i haven't had a chance to really play with Jaded yet but yall getting my excited to try it.