What's new

Patch Character Select Mode

If Injustice: GAU had "patch character select", which character would be your main?

• Total voters

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
maybe I'd have a chance against Max's Bane with pre-patch Adams backdash and low lightning...so that got my vote.

most broken characters ever seen, vanilla lao, vanilla kano, vanilla cyrax, vanilla sub zero, vanilla ermac, vanilla DS, vanilla kf, vanilla cyborg

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
Pre-Patch GL would be my pick. Mid oa with a overhead burst. All my old otg setups back. Yes please.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
So, what else did he have that made him so broke if it wasn't just his body splash's ridiculous hitbox?
His trait lasted a second longer and took at least 3 seconds less to cool down. It was probably better than that because that was day 1 DD.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
It was announced earlier today at SCR that Ultra Street Fighter IV will have "edition character select", which is a mode that allows the player to pick characters from previous Street Fighter IV installments. A trailer can be viewed below.

If injustice: GAU had an identical mode starting with patch version 1.01, which character(s) would be your main? Or would you use the current version of your favorite character(s)?

Vote and discuss. Multiple selections are possible.

Funny you brought this up! It just so happens that i have a hacked version of the game which is on the latest patch, however i am able to select characters that are stuck on previous versions of the game. Only certain costumes though.

For instance, Deathstrokes original costume is on 1.06, but his teen titans skin is stuck at 1.04 or lower.

Many other characters are like this too.

Not sure if it has been discussed yet, but MK9 had a similar thing happen after patch 1.02? All the previous classic costumes were stuck at patch 1.01, but their regular costumes were on the latest patch. Cyrax mk3 costume still had buzz saw reset, smoke had otg etc.. It wasn't till patch 1.03? that everything was fixed..

EDIT:
Here's proof!

Last edited:

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Damn, I started playing this game in late July. I didn't even know NW was capable of such things.
We had a dude who didn't really play the game but won it in a launch tournament we had and before he came for casuals he hadn't downloaded the patch.

He was arguing with people and swore that MB staff spin wall bounced the previous day while 90% of the guys didn't know it did and thought he was crazy. We were laughing our asses off until one of us told him the game was patched.

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
Catwoman damage was way higher before the patch came out. Plus her b2 was very useful and it could be connected to a b3. Plus her catstance pounce was unblockable. So that can be abuse in the corner

d3v

SRK
Incorrect. The current version of the game is used as a basis (as Ultra Street Fighter IV will be used as a basis for the Street Fighter IV series). The pre-patch characters keep their crappy uppercuts, though.
Actually, I believe that the other version characters will play just like they did, down to the system mechanics. So no delayed wake up and red focus for vanilla, super, ae, ae2012 characters, but stuff like the vanila unblockables and other things that were taken out will return.

So based on that, stuff that worked in older versions of Injustice should work in this theoretical "hyper" edition of the game.