What's new

Patch Changes

jbthrash

Nut Breaker
I have only done minimal testing. The f3,2 es force ball still links and seems to create the frame trap. However, the combo number will always be 2 hits.

Anybody know anything else about the patch?

sLeeK

Noob
the only thing they touched on cage was his F3, 2 string. Nerfing his nutpunch damage was a rumor, thank god.

leek

Noob
WHY the fuck did they change F+32.

There are so many other characters with specials that can be linked after a full string. Hi Kabal, didn't see you there.

What the fuck is the point?

This patch all together might make me just drop this game at tournament level, there are way too many unrequired changes and too many things that weren't broken that were changed. I'm waiting until this comes out and I get to mess around for a while, but until then this seems stupid..

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Nerfing nutpunch dmg is not a rumor.

In training mode: Regular nutpunch 10%, EX nut punch 14% they both got a -1% nerf.

In combos: B3, 2 ,2 ,2, 44 nut punch says 31% (same). F4, 2, 2, 2, 44, nut punch says 33% (1% less), F3, 3 xx nutpunch says 20% (1% less). In combos this nerf ends up being less than 1% damage reduction due to scaling. Game just rounds the numbers.

What isn't mentioned in the patch notes:

Johnny cages sweep is definitely has more recovery. I can no longer combo sweep into uppercut, d1, or d3 no matter which character, stance or whatever I try.

This effects the F4, sweep combos as well. This makes the timing significantly tighter (not that it was easy in the first place). I can still do the F4, sweep, 2, 2, 2, 114, nutpunch combo in the corner but the midscreen F4 sweep combo is insanely hard to do now.

I don't have someone to test it with but i'm guessing this effects how much advantage JC has on blocked sweep now too. He used to be able to get a guaranteed F3 into whatever (the opponent had to block, could not d1, KL spin etc, tested it offline). Now i'm guessing that is gone as well.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
They nerfed it because it wasnt supposed to be in the game in the first place Jeezus ppl

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Any full string does not link to a special unless it's in a juggle.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
I don't really understand. Somebody set me straight. Isn't Sub-Zero's 21 2n1 and special cancellable?

Can somebody explain the difference and why Cage breaks the rules but Sub, Kabal, etc, don't? I am not trying to say the patch is right or wrong, just trying to understand it.

leek

Noob
Thats one person and thats because of how its designed, So once again what i said still stands -_-
Just because that's the only one I can remember currently doesn't mean the point doesn't stand. I'm not on MK right now, I'm busy playing New Vegas and I honestly don't care if it's only one other character. It's the same input even, and cage loses the ability.

I'm just really fucking pissed because this destroys all my closing in strategy.

leek

Noob
I don't really understand. Somebody set me straight. Isn't Sub-Zero's 21 2n1 and special cancellable?

Can somebody explain the difference and why Cage breaks the rules but Sub, Kabal, etc, don't? I am not trying to say the patch is right or wrong, just trying to understand it.
Thank you..!

That's what I'm trying to ask.. why does it make a difference? It doesn't..

Dizzy

Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Kabals F3,2 combos into those because it puts them in a juggle state. (knocks them off their feet)

Sub-Zeros 212 (or 21) knocks them off their feet as well.

JCs F3,2 leaves them on their feet and therefore shouldn't combo which is why it was changed. If you wanted to argue anything it should be that F3,2 should knock them down on hit much like Kabal's F3,2 allowing nut punch to be a combo.

leek

Noob
Kabals F3,2 combos into those because it puts them in a juggle state. (knocks them off their feet)

Sub-Zeros 212 (or 21) knocks them off their feet as well.

JCs F3,2 leaves them on their feet and therefore shouldn't combo which is why it was changed. If you wanted to argue anything it should be that F3,2 should knock them down on hit much like Kabal's F3,2 allowing nut punch to be a combo.
Didn't know that was the defining factor.

I would still rather have it knock them down then, what's the point of them standing if it would just be nut punch reset anyways?

is the change to F+32 the only change to Cage?

i feel like universal dashing is going to screw his matchups against zoners to be honest, at least a little.

Dizzy

Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I posted his changes a few messages up. I tweeted at Paulo about the sweep thing that wasn't in patch notes and he confirmed that he does have more recovery so less advantage on hit (not allowing raw sweep combos) and less advantage on block and that he was going to update the patch notes with that.

Playing JC a bit post patch, I don't notice his dash as being changed at all. I usually block dash though.

P.S. Metallica, this is Dizzy if you didn't know =P probably should see if I can change my name here or something...lol

leek

Noob
I posted his changes a few messages up. I tweeted at Paulo about the sweep thing that wasn't in patch notes and he confirmed that he does have more recovery so less advantage on hit (not allowing raw sweep combos) and less advantage on block and that he was going to update the patch notes with that.

Playing JC a bit post patch, I don't notice his dash as being changed at all. I usually block dash though.

P.S. Metallica, this is Dizzy if you didn't know =P probably should see if I can change my name here or something...lol
Yeah I wasn't saying it would make a huge change since it goes for everyone, but it does sort of play around with how you have to move up.. and the dashing is supposedly changed in that you can't buffer or cancel a dash in between the current animation but that doesn't mess with dash blocking at all.

I'm on ps3 so I can't mess with anything until Tuesday granted that's not a rumor for the release..

M2Dave

Zoning Master
You guys may want to test whether a jumping punch gives enough block advantage for f+3 to be uncrouchable.

Dizzy

Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
You guys may want to test whether a jumping punch gives enough block advantage for f+3 to be uncrouchable.
If you're asking if it still jails off jump-in punch it without a doubt does. Testing has shown 18 frame moves still jail after jump in punch.

As said by playpal, F3, wasn't crouch-able to begin with anyways.

Edit: I mean 16 frames moves jail. My bad.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Daggerfall said:
If you're asking if it still jails off jump-in punch it without a doubt does. Testing has shown 18 frame moves still jail after jump in punch.

As said by playpal, F3, wasn't crouch-able to begin with anyways.
I know that f+3 is not crouchable. You people are missing the point.

Does f+3 jail, so that the opponent cannot crouch after a blocked jumping punch, which has less advantageous frames in the patch? Again, f+3,3~EX forceball will not work if the opponent can crouch block f+3 after a jumping punch

I know that f+3 is not crouchable. You people are missing the point.

Does f+3 jail, so that the opponent cannot crouch after a blocked jumping punch, which has less advantageous frames in the patch? Again, f+3,3~EX forceball will not work if the opponent can crouch block f+3 after a jumping punch
Daggerfall just answered your question.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Playpal said:
Daggerfall just answered your question.
18 frame attacks do not even jail in the current version. For example, Noob's b+1, which is 18 frames, does not jail.

Someone look into this again.