What's new

patch changes

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
ground fans only do 6% now lowering her combo damage a few percent. f+2,1 48% bnb now does 45%.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Those crazy AA ground fan X-Ray combos were nerfed hella. AA ground fan, ground fan, air fan, ground fan, ground fan, X-ray does 44% instead of 58%. Somewhere in Utah a single tear rolls down Konqrr's cheek.

aj1701

Noob
Is that because of the damage nerf or because he's living in Utah? :) :moonwalk:

So is air fan damage the same? Any other changes you've found?

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Air fan still does 8%. Don't think there's any changes to EX fans. Ground fan damage nerf is a consequence of a scaling difference because the individual hits still do the same. They do 3 then 4 and it says 6%.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
corner combo f+2,1, njp, 4~fan, 4~lift, ground fan, b+2~fan, fan, jk~fan, 2~cutter, d+1 only does 48% instead of 54%.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
So apparently there's less frame advantage from a blocked JP now. Enough that you no longer get a free throw attempt. This might have bigger ramifications for her than this damage nerf.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
So apparently there's less frame advantage from a blocked JP now. Enough that you no longer get a free throw attempt. This might have bigger ramifications for her than this damage nerf.
I agree. I would've been fine with just the damage nerf (though I thought that was unnecessary), but the jp's completely change the game. Her launchers, when done without jp, are way too risky for me to be ok with this patch.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
JPS nerf will hurt her for sure. If her 1 jabs were 10 frames or better than she could still jail but her jabs are slower than her 11 frame 2! Lame.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
There seems to be a lack of consensus on the jp's now. Someone's saying a 15f attack still jails, which would make Kitana's 2 still work. Some are saying it only affects throws, in which case it doesn't matter and I'll be happy. I'm crossing my fingers, which is the most effort I'm willing to put in right now because I haven't touched my arms-length-away xbox since I woke up.

68% AA Corner combo is now 53%... Haha. Fan damage scaling is a bitch. Time to rework some of these combos to take out the fans.

Somberness

Lights
You can get airborne before f4 hits but it will still connect and 1 will launch so cutter will do nothing but damage on hit(if it can even hit at the end, I did not test the ender but I assume it would). Of course, you could mix it up after a blocked jump in punch with an anti air combo and it will get them...

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I tested out JIP online with two people and f+2,1 still jailed everytime. Need a definitive offline test. XXZ did you do it offline with a human?

DanCock

Cock Master!!
apparently dashes cant be "canceled" into each other anymore. you have to wait for the previous dash to end before dashing again
I was wondering wtf was going on while in practice for the 5 mins I was in it. I was like hmm did I break my controller. Lol good to know I'm not crazy.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Somberness

Lights
Nope, I just held up+back on a second controller and got out. It could be that you did your jump punches lower to the ground. Or input the f2 faster somehow. :(

edit1: I just tested, you have to do it low to the ground, it's not escapable that way.

edit2: If you hit your opponent lower than their head, you should be fine.

DrDogg

Noob
Kitana has a hard enough time opening up the opponent, now when she gets an opening and the opponent doesn't have breaker, she can't inflict as much damage. This is not a change that needed to happen. In fact, the only nerf I agree with is the nerf to Raiden's teleport.

I like the thought process behind the JP nerf, but it was implemented poorly. A throw should not be guaranteed off of a JP, but this shouldn't impact block strings. Now characters with a stand alone overhead have a big advantage over the rest of the cast because they retain the JP mixup between attack and throw.

The patch overall is pretty bad. I will be quitting this game after DEV, if I even play at DEV. I decided this awhile ago, but was hoping the patch would correct some of the issues I have with the game. Instead, it made things worse.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
You no longer get a completely free throw attempt after someone blocks your jump punch. The opponent has less block hit frames but chained combos from a jump punch will remain the same.
According the actual patch notes, the JIP change shouldn't effect anything other then throws.