What's new

Video/Tutorial - Hellfire Option-select to auto-stop spear on block

I wasn't able to do the b3f1b the way you did it in the video.

I was able to do B3F1DDD though and that worked

Still cant do the full string one though (b3f1b2f2)

If I do it your way I get B3xxspear everytime. :(

any tips?

@Triplswing

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
I still don't get what an OS is. I'll report back once I get back as to how this helps lol.
Uh, if they block it he doesn't do the spear. It's starting a combo without having to commit to the unsafe and easily punished bf1.

I wasn't able to do the b3f1b the way you did it in the video.

I was able to do B3F1DDD though and that worked

Still cant do the full string one though (b3f1b2f2)

If I do it your way I get B3xxspear everytime. :(

any tips?

@Triplswing
You do the input just as he would throw the spear. On hit, the input will be slightly after the spear. On block, it should be just before it.

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
Hi scrubs.

Just found out it also works with b12f1b. It's hilarious because b121 is -1 on block. On block he will automatically do b121 without having to press 1 again.

I am a terrible player.

Bombardier777

I'll bleed you, real quick.
I dont understand what this is and it hurts. What's an option select ? The begining of the video doesnt explain it too well

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
I dont understand what this is and it hurts. What's an option select ? The begining of the video doesnt explain it too well
An option-select is when you do one input and it deals with many or all responses from the opponent.

It's like this: you do the input as intended, and the results will depend on whether they block the b3. If they don't block it he will combo with a spear. If they block b3 he will automatically kill the spear, assuming you did it right. It's basically a spear combo without committing to the spear because a blocked spear is very easy to punish.

.Solo.

Noob
In other words, it will not bring out the spear if they block your back 3, but if they get hit by the b3 spear will come out. You have to input the correct buttons very fast though.

D4G

Win At All Cost
I love how your tagline is 'win at all costs'. The irony is golden.
lol there's no irony there. I hate option selects, especially one's that make Scorpion even more potent, but that doesn't mean I don't condone using them.

guys I thought they have patched OS in the latest patch. Was it only for few characters or are they going to remove it in the next patch??

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Why would you burn the bar when you could just go into a safe-ish string?
well is int it still an option? im confused now, cause someone else told me Scorps option select involved going into regular spear on hit and MB spear on block for safety, can someone explain how that one works? if it still does?

Urkend

Noob
well is int it still an option? im confused now, cause someone else told me Scorps option select involved going into regular spear on hit and MB spear on block for safety, can someone explain how that one works? if it still does?
The option select that OP discovered is b3~spear on hit and b32f2 on block. I haven't heard about any option selects in this game that allow you to do a normal special on hit and an ex special on block. I could be wrong but I don't believe that exists. From my understanding the option selects are possible because the cancel window is different for hit and block so you're either cancelling into a special or you aren't.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Oh I'm not sad at you for putting the option select, I will use it as well as long as it's in the game, until I quit playing it or it's taken out. If it's not taken out I'll probably quit playing MKX much sooner than I thought, because it doesn't make the game better.

I apologize if you took that the wrong way, I'm all for seeing tech posted instead of whine buff/nerf threads.
People would really quit playing a good game because of Option Selects?
Damn youd never make a week of Street fighter. Honestly nothing wrong with OS. TYM seems to hate em.

The smaller the window, the easier the OS actually is. A big window actually means that you can cancel the special too early so it doesnt even come out on hit. Because B3~Spear is small cancel window, doing the OS quickly is actually the correct timing. This is VERY good for Scorpion.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Damn youd never make a week of Street fighter. Honestly nothing wrong with OS. TYM seems to hate em.
It skews the risk reward imo, at least that's why I dislike it

Like, with Raiden's overhead slaps. Without OS the risk reward is fair, if he hits he takes half life or something, and if he's wrong he gets punished hard. But with shocker OS it's basically "do this because there's essentially no consequence vs the majority of the cast"

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Because this is a different game. OS doesn't make combos more consistent, it makes resets happen when you otherwise wouldn't be risking it or need a BIG, risky as hell read to pull this off. This is probably the biggest OS in the game, but the rest are just varying degrees of bad game design.

But if they are there, no sense in not using them I guess \o/

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Different game obviously. But now weve got a Streetfight mechanic in.
As long as its not super easy as an option select then go for it.
Idk. Maybe its just me. I forgot who, but i was told to not get hit to avoid situations.
Maybe not get hit?