What's new

Video/Tutorial - Cyber Sub-Zero Optimized Meterless Knockdown Vortex with 5-way Mix-Ups (42%+ Meterless Combos)

What I don't understand is why people expect anything to get patched at all.
MK9 and Injustice barely got anything (IF anything) post-Komplete/Ultimate edition so I'm having difficulties seeing things being any different this time around.

Then again, we got the new netcode post-launch, so anything could happen.
I'm pretty sure MKX has had more patches than MK9 and Injustice combined at this point,and I highly doubt they wont do at least one more patch for the new characters.

JDM

Noob
unless you play a new character as well, if you think it gives you such an advantage

if losing means that much to you, by all means wait till you feel ready to not have a salt attack for participating in the tourney meta. a lot of us enjoy the tournament scene for the fun that comes with it too and are looking very forward to seeing what crazy shit gets brought into the first one with new dlc in it
I wasn't going regardless to FR. But I go to tournaments to win. I don't feel like I'd be prepared to win against 13 unknowns.

Kudos to those who'd risk it though.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
I wasn't going regardless to FR. But I go to tournaments to win. I don't feel like I'd be prepared to win against 13 unknowns.

Kudos to those who'd risk it though.
I mean it's not like it's the Hunger games here, you are going out for a day of fun with a bunch of cool new characters and having a tournament with them. Sounds like a shitton of fun even if you placed dead last.

JDM

Noob
I mean it's not like it's the Hunger games here, you are going out for a day of fun with a bunch of cool new characters and having a tournament with them. Sounds like a shitton of fun even if you placed dead last.
Once you've played enough FG's you separate the fun from the competition. I don't go to tournaments for fun (regarding actually playing, that is, outside of the competition of course it's fun), I go to do well. That's just how I've always been.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
I got zero experience with the dlc chars but couldn't Lao had reversal ex spin on wake up? After knockdown he gets hit by a down poke, wouldn't the armor eat it?

Your 4 year-old cousin (wtf), your mom and your sister are not high level players. They're not going to the lab with CSZ to find tech. Don't confuse pressing buttons with actually knowing what they're doing. No the 99% of the people buying this don't care about CSZ corner setups they just see the character and think the moves are cool. How is this even an argument lol

Why do you assume they don't know this? What if they found ways around it or decided to keep it for a reason? I'm willing to bet you haven't even played a single decent CSZ player yet and you're already making judgements.
lol opps I meant nephew (sisters son). whats high level have anything to do with knowing specials, as you said 99% cant even do specials which come on we both know that's bs. Im not assuming anything but im just saying people are finding 100% with Cyrax in 2 days and idk if CSZ has it or not, or if it was or wasn't intended I was just saying.

wanted to clarify that what I was referring to in my previous post had nothing to do with what CSZ can do. It was only in reference to how many infinites and other balance issues have made it through past testers only to be found in 1 or 2 days by players.

Last edited:

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Let him ride for a little until the meta gets where it needs to be. Learn the matchup. You people are bunch of fucking whiny, entitled babies. Put the binky in your mouth so at least it muffles your screaming for nerfs on day one.
I bet you were one of the summoner nerf hunters.

xXstealthflameXx

Finding a Main
You're bitching, bitching about the people bitching, or pretending you're an angel who has no feelings toward DLC until it's been out for 3 weeks. Why is this thread open?

skater11

The saltiest
Yeah, please nerf/normalize anyone you need to already so I can play with the final version of my character.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
First off this is awesome. Thank you so much for posting this

Secondly @UsedForGlue youre in violation on all accounts for level 3 downplaying and are sanctioned by the MU police department and are from now on prohibitive to share any opinions for a duration of life

Citations : downplaying reptile Unbreakable and now Csz . Please stop
I am not downplaying Cyber Sub Zero, I am saying that he has no real decent mids (Cyrax in particular), and you can't just pick him (nor the other cyborgs) up and play them right off the bat without work, others will fall away, this always happens with all DLC.

I happen to think he is absolutely ridiculous, especially in the corner, and has excellent mid screen tools.

My exact words in twitch chat are "Cyber sub is F***ing stupid".
Find those quotes.

Pig pls.

"Tournament viable killing machine".

Last edited:

The Celebrity

Professional Googler
I am not downplaying Cyber Sub Zero, I am saying that he has no real decent mids, and you can't just pick him (nor the other cyborgs) up and play them right off the bat without work, others will fall away, this always happens with all DLC.

I happen to think he is absolutely ridiculous, especially in the corner, and has excellent mid screen tools.

Pig pls.
I realize this isn't the point you're trying to make... but I just wanted to point out that Sektor is very easy to pick up and play. His combo game is extremely basic and his keepaway gameplan follows suit of several characters already in the game.

Anyways, back onto Cyber Subzero...

I feel like pointing out that yes these are all some pretty hard to block setups, but all of which are perfectly reasonable. In every case except the throw, the bomb must explode after the normal in order to loop. The B3D4 setup is always low low overhead low to get a combo out of it, otherwise he gets about 4% damage and no setup. Same goes for the 50/50 of B1/Instant Air Divekick and B3, which is really just a 50/50, something a large number of characters in the game have.

Cyber Sub is strong, yes, its hard to argue that. I also want to point out that the argument of "He has to work hard for his combos though!" is quite frankly a dumb argument and should be ignored. But really, cyber sub gives up a good neutral to have setups like this. Not having a good mid in this game is awful. I feel like cyber sub is going to be another very strong theory fighter like high tech jacqui (better overall though). An incredible amount of dirt but once you're in game its easier said than done to get it started.

KingJerm731

Psn: kingjermx
I realize this isn't the point you're trying to make... but I just wanted to point out that Sektor is very easy to pick up and play. His combo game is extremely basic and his keepaway gameplan follows suit of several characters already in the game.

Anyways, back onto Cyber Subzero...

I feel like pointing out that yes these are all some pretty hard to block setups, but all of which are perfectly reasonable. In every case except the throw, the bomb must explode after the normal in order to loop. The B3D4 setup is always low low overhead low to get a combo out of it, otherwise he gets about 4% damage and no setup. Same goes for the 50/50 of B1/Instant Air Divekick and B3, which is really just a 50/50, something a large number of characters in the game have.

Cyber Sub is strong, yes, its hard to argue that. I also want to point out that the argument of "He has to work hard for his combos though!" is quite frankly a dumb argument and should be ignored. But really, cyber sub gives up a good neutral to have setups like this. Not having a good mid in this game is awful. I feel like cyber sub is going to be another very strong theory fighter like high tech jacqui (better overall though). An incredible amount of dirt but once you're in game its easier said than done to get it started.
Well said!

IceNinja

Assassin
So many newbs who clearly did not play MK9 and didn't know cyber-sub had all these moves. He is definitely a better, more complete character this time tho. :)