What's new

Video/Tutorial - Cyber Sub-Zero Optimized Meterless Knockdown Vortex with 5-way Mix-Ups (42%+ Meterless Combos)

REO

Undead
Optimized knockdown vortex off pretty much any hit or starter example:

Mix up combo starter options:

- Unreactable Overhead - (Instant Dive Kick)
- Unreactable Low - (B+3)
- Unblockable - (Throw) (It doesn't matter if they tech the throw, they will still be frozen for a full combo)
- Psuedo Unblockable - (B+3,D+4)
- Anti Wake-Up - (single attack + EX Slide) (works on just about every wake-up that's not 2 hits armor, invincible, etc.) (VIDEO BELOW)

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
Are all the options safe with this set up do to ice bomb?

And in the later mix ups you didn't do drone calls. Was that because you couldn't or you forgot?

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Yeah I was messing with corner traps similar to this yesterday and the only thought that went through my head is how the hell do you even defend this? Looks like a Marvel character got into MKX

REO

Undead
Are all the options safe with this set up do to ice bomb?

And in the later mix ups you didn't do drone calls. Was that because you couldn't or you forgot?
They can be made plus on block with the proper timing. It just depends on how you do them. But the initial mix-up will always be there.

Yes, you can do drone calls off all options EXCEPT the grab unblockable one. I just forgot to do them in the video.

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
They can be made plus on block with the proper timing. It just depends on how you do them. But the initial mix-up will always be there.

Yes, you can do drone calls off all options EXCEPT the grab unblockable one. I just forgot to do them in the video.
Neat. Thanks Reo. I'll mess with this when I get home.

Has this been tested against all wake ups including invinble ones like Cassie's nut punch ?

REO

Undead
Neat. Thanks Reo. I'll mess with this when I get home.

Has this been tested against all wake ups including invinble ones like Cassie's nut punch ?
Mileena can get out with Ethereal. So can any character with invincible wake ups or two hits of armor. But you could just throw the bomb down and bait them and do something else like jump or block and then punish.

isn't 1112 tech rollable?

how does that affect these setups, if at all
If they tech roll, they still have to guess the mix-ups so it doesn't really matter. The bomb is out for a while that it covers BOTH wake up delay and roll options. You may have to change your timing slightly for the follow up but the initial mix-ups will all still be there and intact.

Zabru

My blade is broken damn right better than yours!
And here I was thinking that cyber-sub would be kinda overlooked!

Nausea

Soul Ascended
This is incredible man. Its actually amazing to watch as well but I can't see him staying like this. They take away things like Mileenas B12, Ermacs best mid and then bring out a dude that will induce a cold, icy tumor?! 404 sense not found.

Here's me thinking he'd be the donkey of 4, now he's in a tier of his own! Looking forward to what tomorrow has in store for KP2! :D

I refuse to believe that nrs guys don't know that their dlc come with all this bullshit when they release them. Surely they do on purpose because a broken character sells better...

This, or they have the worst testers in the world.
I was a QA tester for a big firm from 2000-2007 and if stuff like this occurred, not to mention the vanilla build of mkx day 1 (beta), you would be fired with no excuses back then. Because of today's standards and hardware, everything is pure lazy on the QA submission, as patches will address issues. Gone are the days of pure grinding of 100% playthroughs and every secret and possible combination found.

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
In 1 month they will be normalized, thats why I dont want to main a new KP2 character yet, they will normalize them you will see
Why wouldn't you just play them anyway? If you enjoy the character then who cares what happens to them. I'll play a character that I love regardless of nerfs.
I guess it's different if you're a serious tournament player, but most people aren't.