What's new

Online Scrub Tier List

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
So I thought the online robin thread was a lot of fun and thought we could continue something similar here.
Full disclosure.. I consider myself to be an online scrub so I'm guilty of a lot of the things that will be mentioned as well.

So the idea is whar online character community has the scrubbiest players and use scrub táctics to make you want to throw your router through the wall.. you know, those characters online that you know once they pick them, you're already in a bad mood.

My tier list:
Scrub mega lord s+ tier
Robin
Super girl

S
Super Man
Deadshot
Cat woman
Starfire
Batman
Harleyquinn
Dark said
A+
Cheetah
Blackadam
Brainiac
Scarecrow
Sub zero
Red hood
Atrocities

A-
Aquaman
Dr fate
Green lantern
Flash

B+
Poison
Captain cold
Black manda
Raiden

B-
Green arrow
Blue beetle
Swamp thing
Black canary
Ww
Joker
Grodd

Or discuss the top 3-5

All scrubs are playing with SG, Superman and Robin tho, the most common cases. SG is like Scorpion in MKX.
Grodd is the only executional heavy character in this game, he should be in his own fuckin league lol

E

Eldriken

Darkseid is really that high on your online scrub tier list? Why? :confused:

Supergirl I agree with because she's like the new Paquaman that everyone had in Injustice 1. Now everyone has a Pocketgirl when they can't cut it with their main.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
5 worst to me are Robin, Supergirl, Superman, Deadshot, and Batman

Robin players press D12 after EVERYTHING

Supergirls do nothing but mb trait and tele

Supermans do nothing but F23 and air lasers and always burn the bar on mb lasers

Deadshot only use straight shot, D1, and the low overhead string

Batmans, just do J2 223, and batarangs

It's really hard to say for other characters because there's generally a "flavor of the month" amongst the scrub population..

At one point I swear online was 90% Harley, then people figured out instant-air-jumpin-in-2 wasn't really + on block.

Same with the flood of Robins, except instant-air-jump-in-3 instead of 2.

Then there was a parade of Starfires but NRS took away her 1 bar 450 damage anti-air conversions and oh man, I've never seen a character population go down so fast.

I'd say Supergirl is the only one that has stood the test of time. i think the best part is pressing a button on her wakeup. When you hit them on oki you still get to hear the "wooooosh" of attempted wake-up teleport. I live for that shit

EDIT
oh, forgot Batman. Him too.

Last edited:
It's really hard to say for other characters because there's generally a "flavor of the month" amongst the scrub population..

At one point I swear online was 90% Harley, then people figured out instant-air-jumpin-in-2 wasn't really + on block.

Same with the flood of Robins, except instant-air-jump-in-3 instead of 2.

Then there was a parade of Starfires but NRS took away her 1 bar 600 damage anti-air conversions and oh man, I've never seen a character population go down so fast.

I'd say Supergirl is the only one that has stood the test of time. i think the best part is pressing a button on her wakeup. When you hit them on oki you still get to hear the "wooooosh" of attempted wake-up teleport. I live for that shit

EDIT
oh, forgot Batman. Him too.
"Where you goin bitch" after wake-up teleport attempt

Nobus3r1

House of Bane; ID: 8V596
Darkseid is really that high on your online scrub tier list? Why? :confused:
If I had to guess it would be because most online scrubs are also on that Fisher-Price wi-fi which makes blocking teleport into stomp problematic.
5 worst to me are Robin, Supergirl, Superman, Deadshot, and Batman
Agreed. Honestly, it's really these 5 and then everyone else. Sure, most characters have one or two things that might fall under the umbrella of "online tactics" but there are no characters beyond the five mentioned here where a large swath of their player base would have to fundamentally change how they play the game if they ever attended an offline event; e.g. your average online, wi-fi Supergirl player will probably use teleport more times in a single game than someone like Theo will use the move in an entire tournament.

Sazbak

Noob
Supergirl:
I play her but still have to admit she is annoying.
I love that when plain MB teleport doesn't work then instead of not doing that move anymore they just
come up with creative ways of doing it like b1 MB Tele or b12 MB Tele, jump MB Tele etc.
Teleport punch ftw!

Batman:
They always call in their trait then crouch and wait about 5 seconds and then rush in.
The other thing they do for some reason is to release the trait on me then do grappling hook when trait gets blocked.
Don't ask me why they do the latter.

Robin:
They just attack attack and attack some more. Also no matter what they keep doing the wake up MB Sword Dance or Assasin Strike. You never see a Robin player online who just wakes up normally.

Aquaman:
There are not many Aquaman out there but they basically just do:
backwalk backwalk backwalk from the deep from the deep from the deep backwalk backwalk backwalk

Atrocitius:
Also rare occurrence and similar to Robin in a way since you never see an Atro player waking up normally they always use that charge move.
Bloodnado, Bloodnado, Call in Dex-Starr, Mixup, Mixup Mixup Bloodnado rinse and repeat

Sub-Zero:
Klone, Slide, Hammer, Kombo with that annoying stabbing animation at the end, Klone, Slide, Hammer

Cheetah:
RAWWWR FULL SCREEN JUMP - shit, got instant j1ed - OK LET'S NOT LOSE OUR SPIRIT. AGAIN!!

Flash:
RMS!!, Whoa I'm sooo cool I feel like Honeybee aaand I ate another frost breath by going in brainlessly again.
100 hp left - Desperation Speed Zone Activated!

Last edited:

Skedar70

Noob
Supergirl, Robin, Superman and Batman.

Scrub tactics

Supergirl: move back and wait for trait to charge up, release the whole thing. Teleport, get punished return to step 1 and repeat until you die.

Robin: do a string into the double sword hit (single when they do it without meter because scrubs don't watch their meter) try to d2 at -3. Get punished, repeat until you die.

Superman: spam the air lasers, throw a predicable superman forward punch, get punished, go back to spamming lasers, repeat until you die.

Batman: summon mechanical bats, release bats and move forward into ji2 range, ji2 into the plus 3 string that has a gap, keep jumping until you get punished, move back and spam batarangs until trait charges, go back to step one and repeat until you die.

The rest of the cast are usually dropped early by the scrubs so they haven't come to a consensus on scrubby tactics.

Supergirl, Robin, Superman and Batman.

Scrub tactics

Supergirl: move back and wait for trait to charge up, release the whole thing. Teleport, get punished return to step 1 and repeat until you die.

Robin: do a string into the double sword hit (single when they do it without meter because scrubs don't watch their meter) try to d2 at -3. Get punished, repeat until you die.

Superman: spam the air lasers, throw a predicable superman forward punch, get punished, go back to spamming lasers, repeat until you die.

Batman: summon mechanical bats, release bats and move forward into ji2 range, ji2 into the plus 3 string that has a gap, keep jumping until you get punished, move back and spam batarangs until trait charges, go back to step one and repeat until you die.

The rest of the cast are usually dropped early by the scrubs so they haven't come to a consensus on scrubby tactics.
That's a golden comment I had no time to write man :p

Nobus3r1

House of Bane; ID: 8V596
While this is mostly true and the character I'm about to roast is definitely less common than those you mention I think we'd be remiss if we didn't discuss the online Bane "flow chart":

10 execute 'Raging Charge'
20 goto 10

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
Hey, Starfire isn't that high. She's an A+ at most. At least as far as scrubs go. Most can't even land Stardusts. It takes a somewhat knowledgeable Starfire to consistently land them. Management of trait is also very important.

MGTarkus

Kohustle
All scrubs are playing with SG, Superman and Robin tho, the most common cases. SG is like Scorpion in MKX.
Grodd is the only executional heavy character in this game, he should be in his own fuckin league lol
lol red hood takes a lot of execution, batman is probably the most execution heavy, canary is up there as well and the flash. I don't know what game your playing if you think grodd is the only one or even the most execution heavy. He isn't even that hard.

lol red hood takes a lot of execution, batman is probably the most execution heavy, canary is up there as well and the flash. I don't know what game your playing if you think grodd is the only one or even the most execution heavy. He isn't even that hard.
Where is Batman execution heavy? I can only agree on The Flash beeing a bit heavier then the rest. Obviously you have no idea about Grodd. From what you've brought you're just makin yourself look bad bro

The last sentence is your fuckin last coffin nail my friend, try mastering Grodd to his possibilities, and then you can say shit like that.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
Lol, so not true XD

Did I just read Batman is harder to play then Grodd. You heard it here first folks!!!

Edit: nvm two ppl already jumped him lmao

MGTarkus

Kohustle
The last sentence is your fuckin last coffin nail my friend, try mastering Grodd to his possibilities, and then you can say shit like that.
lol I play grodd all the time he was my second character to play and I've been playing him ever since. The combos are easy. The cancels are easy (unless your just fucking retarded or a noob to fighting games). I don't see how execution has much to do with grodd anymore Than it does to deadshot. He takes a lot of skill since half the cast already has a leg up on him but he is not execution heavy at all in any way, unless your bad I suppose.

MGTarkus

Kohustle
Did I just read Batman is harder to play then Grodd. You heard it here first folks!!!

Edit: nvm two ppl already jumped him lmao
Yes he is in, you got to convert off of everything possible and lab every situation to the max to know how to get the best end result and each combo is drastically different depending on the amount of bats. He is easy to play if you don't know how to play him and your just running up ranked matches, but if your actually trying to compete and do well you need more then j2. Grodd on the other hand doesn't even need or use mixups he's like a mini superman with his cancels.

Yes he is in, you got to convert off of everything possible and lab every situation to the max to know how to get the best end result and each combo is drastically different depending on the amount of bats. He is easy to play if you don't know how to play him and your just running up ranked matches, but if your actually trying to compete and do well you need more then j2. Grodd on the other hand doesn't even need or use mixups he's like a mini superman with his cancels.
Oh I'm sorry I didn't realize we were talking about pro level play, in which you are clearly an expert at. I almost thought we were in a thread about online scrubs. You sure showed me up

Sorry my friend but that's still jokes compared to Grodd. Look even Tweedy said that he is "the hardest executional character that NRS has ever made if you want to play him optimal" so your only option here is to get some knowledge and reconsider your thoughts. I wish I could've linked Grodd's optimals for you to have something to do this and next year but I'm not home.

Oh I'm sorry I didn't realize we were talking about pro level play, in which you are clearly an expert at. I almost thought we were in a thread about online scrubs. You sure showed me up
I made a reasonable comment when I was in the "ONLINE SCRUBS" thread, and then you came up with "Grodd is not even that hard" so WTF you were expecting. Fuck :D

MGTarkus

Kohustle
Sorry my friend but that's still jokes compared to Grodd. Look even Tweedy said that he is "the hardest executional character that NRS has ever made if you want to play him optimal" so your only option here is to get some knowledge and reconsider your thoughts. I wish I could've linked Grodd's optimals for you to have something to do this and next year but I'm not home.
Lol tweedy is on guy. I respect him but that doesn't make him a god that's always right. Try again scrub