What's new

Match-up Discussion ONGOING Bane MU chart

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
God u make me any a pug but not sure current dog would approve
I get that an alarming amount, believe it or not. Like I showed up to Final Round and wore normal clothes, yet no one but you and someone else recognized me.
I come the next day in a pug shirt and get swarmed.

ARMOR

Khaos God
Premium Supporter
Maybe because iazb's low enough to prevent his approach are actually a thing players are pulling off consistently? Hitbox Zod is a legitimate high level concern or @rev0lver wouldn't have to make threads about Lex's 0-10 matchup.

Whereas magical wave-dashing Bane who can duck under a screen filled with Zod balls is not a real thing. What high-level Bane with actual Zod experience ("hitbox Zod," not Zod who shoots fireballs three feet above your head) still thinks this matchup is 5-5? I'm not even trying to be a dick, I'm legitimately asking if anyone really thinks this is an even matchup still?
Zod vs Bane is 6-4. Reason being is that bane has to make 1 better read than the zod player, getting him the oki game. Bane's horrendous jump arc literally gets tripguarded by ground laser. Ground laser is what I believe makes the mu frustrating for bane(apart for the iazb). Lastly, Ive played the mu with @RM_Biohazard zod vs bane as well as bane vs zod with @AK Pig Of The Hut and I can say is pig bopped my bane online and the games I had with bio were pretty close but I usually always managed to edge him out. Like pig said "zod players are only gonna get harder to beat"(does not apply to mmh:D).

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Zod vs Bane is 6-4. Reason being is that bane has to make 1 better read than the zod player, getting him the oki game. Bane's horrendous jump arc literally gets tripguarded by ground laser. Ground laser is what I believe makes the mu frustrating for bane(apart for the iazb). Lastly, Ive played the mu with @RM_Biohazard zod vs bane as well as bane vs zod with @AK Pig Of The Hut and I can say is pig bopped my bane online and the games I had with bio were pretty close but I usually always managed to edge him out. Like pig said "zod players are only gonna get harder to beat"(does not apply to mmh:D).
Thanks, dude! It's always awesome when good players are humble and helpful enough to chime in about matchup charts the whole community can benefit from. Calling that hot air balloon float Bane has a jump arc might have been a little generous though lol.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
How does bane dash cancel? Are we talking about the f2 cancel?
No, this is an entirely different tech stemming from some bad patch coding.
Basically, to explain it, Bane's old dash used to be hot garbo, but it still had all of the cancel properties the other dashes did.
When they made it better, the new dash could also be cancelled, but they never got rid of the old cancelling frame work, so Bane can cancel his dash is two places: At the 11 frame mark, and at the 8 frame mark.
Bane's dash is exactly 15 frames, 11 frames of dashing with 4 frames of recovery. One of the better dashes. Now dashes can be cancelled into two things: Specials and other dashes.
Bane's dash is different, because you can input other things into it. f.2 being the most notable one, and f.2 dashing being the same speed as normal dashing despite the start-up frames of f.2 is a key part of it.
You can actually cancel it into something like a d.1 which puts Bane in a ducking state with almost no recovery time on it.

A wave-dash can be created using this, having Bane do something to the effect of f.2-dash-d.1-f.2-dash-d.1. This can be further improved by cutting out the f.2 (though its harder to time).
I've gotten about 4 reps, though my equipment can't work with my new computer so I can't show it off :( Mind you, this is just framed, but you are basically cancelling the dash 3 frames earlier into another move.
This can be done to make Bane's backdash safer too, especially against people like DD, by doing backdash cancel into b.1 Since b.1 is +3 on whiff with only 9 recovery and 12 active frames.

For the sake of it though, this has a purpose in the discussion because instead of Bane jumping forward for 15 frames and then ducking, he is instead ducking on frame 8 but covering mostly the same distance.

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
That's super interesting but I don't know what wave dashing is. May have to do some research and read that post again when I get a chance

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
That's super interesting but I don't know what wave dashing is. May have to do some research and read that post again when I get a chance

In essence its simply canceling one mobility option into another move in order to negate the usual ending frames of said mobility and allow for overall faster movement. One such example is in tekken with duck-dashing. This is -basically- the same concept, only instead of just duck dashing you're cancelling the dash into an attack and then dashing again.

Bane can actually use this very similarly to whats shown in this video when it comes to oki by allowing him to use far launching moves (like MB VU) and allowing him to get close.

Last edited:
No, this is an entirely different tech stemming from some bad patch coding.
Basically, to explain it, Bane's old dash used to be hot garbo, but it still had all of the cancel properties the other dashes did.
When they made it better, the new dash could also be cancelled, but they never got rid of the old cancelling frame work, so Bane can cancel his dash is two places: At the 11 frame mark, and at the 8 frame mark.
Bane's dash is exactly 15 frames, 11 frames of dashing with 4 frames of recovery. One of the better dashes. Now dashes can be cancelled into two things: Specials and other dashes.
Bane's dash is different, because you can input other things into it. f.2 being the most notable one, and f.2 dashing being the same speed as normal dashing despite the start-up frames of f.2 is a key part of it.
You can actually cancel it into something like a d.1 which puts Bane in a ducking state with almost no recovery time on it.

A wave-dash can be created using this, having Bane do something to the effect of f.2-dash-d.1-f.2-dash-d.1. This can be further improved by cutting out the f.2 (though its harder to time).
I've gotten about 4 reps, though my equipment can't work with my new computer so I can't show it off :( Mind you, this is just framed, but you are basically cancelling the dash 3 frames earlier into another move.
This can be done to make Bane's backdash safer too, especially against people like DD, by doing backdash cancel into b.1 Since b.1 is +3 on whiff with only 9 recovery and 12 active frames.

For the sake of it though, this has a purpose in the discussion because instead of Bane jumping forward for 15 frames and then ducking, he is instead ducking on frame 8 but covering mostly the same distance.

No I'm very open about this

I always keep an open MU mind and living MU chart and at the time I could see 6-4 bane . Meta evolved,
Players and MUs evolved and now I'm currently at 5-5 or 6-4 ZOD

It's still living as in living between discussion w me and banes who grind like max, bio, bipolar , rev etc

Saying 9-1 is....not even worth commenting about
I can agree with this 100%. Matchup gets grinded out, numbers change. If a Zod doesn't know his Bane tricks he'll get wrecked. In a set between people who understand the matchup I can see it swinging either way.

9-1 though? Cmon now lol

You don't have to believe me. People didn't believe me when I warned them about Bane.
People didn't believe in player 1 advantage, but it still exists. So, I've kinda learned to deal with people not believing me.
ohhh dont get all emo on me. I just want to see a video. What I don't understand is how you're proving that you're shaving off 4/7frames between regular dash, recover down 1 AND dashxxdown1

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
ohhh dont get all emo on me. I just want to see a video. What I don't understand is how you're proving that you're shaving off 4/7frames between regular dash, recover down 1 AND dashxxdown1
I would provide a video (I HAVE SUCH SIGHTS TO SHOW YOU) but I spilled mac n cheese on my Mac which was my old recording conduit.
Got an ASUS, and my recording device doesn't seem to want to work with it. Otherwise you guys would see videos of Bane comboing off of f.2.d into stuff like 113 and onwards.
As to proving it, I'm working on that. Until then, suspend yourself in disbelief.

I would provide a video (I HAVE SUCH SIGHTS TO SHOW YOU) but I spilled mac n cheese on my Mac which was my old recording conduit.
Got an ASUS, and my recording device doesn't seem to want to work with it. Otherwise you guys would see videos of Bane comboing off of f.2.d into stuff like 113 and onwards.
As to proving it, I'm working on that. Until then, suspend yourself in disbelief.

Also, I forgot to tell you. I was able to get that f2d tech to work. It's awesome, perfect range for every follow up, but now gives an overhead combo starter in the corner.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Also, I forgot to tell you. I was able to get that f2d tech to work. It's awesome, perfect range for every follow up, but now gives an overhead combo starter in the corner.
Oh. Well good lol. I'm glad you found use for it, or rather, could get it to work. :)