What's new

Match-up Discussion ONGOING Bane MU chart

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Glad some of the up-playing is getting checked. "Durr good dash" is way worse an argument on Bane's behalf than "durr trait and lasers" is on Superman's. Yes it's amazing at closing distance quickly, but Bane has like the longest dash ever and he's dashing in with the slowest normals ever. What Superman or Sinestro worth his salt isn't making Bane work 10x harder just to get in in the first place when they can check or outright punish his dash-ins with such ease? AND on top of that, they have so much dirt on him from out of range that he HAS to dash in with some semblance of legitimate urgency.

Like, good luck EVER getting in on a Sinestro with trait and meter, so what are you gonna do when he starts charging that shit up? Dash in and hope he's not baiting exactly that? Guess what, Wound is baiting exactly that. Gonna let Supes trait up or spam lasers all day? Nope gotta get in and hope he's not ready to meet that dash with a f2 or make you whiff entirely with that back dash of his.

Bane CAN and WILL get in on just about everyone this side of Zatanna for sure, but some characters can make him work ten times harder than them for it. Bane's best when he can get in at his own pace and THEN go ham on that ass once he does, but a good Sinestro or Superman may have you going ham just to get in in the first place throughout most of the match.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
Glad some of the up-playing is getting checked. "Durr good dash" is way worse an argument on Bane's behalf than "durr trait and lasers" is on Superman's. Yes it's amazing at closing distance quickly, but Bane has like the longest dash ever and he's dashing in with the slowest normals ever. What Superman or Sinestro worth his salt isn't making Bane work 10x harder just to get in in the first place when they can check or outright punish his dash-ins with such ease? AND on top of that, they have so much dirt on him from out of range that he HAS to dash in with some semblance of legitimate urgency.

Like, good luck EVER getting in on a Sinestro with trait and meter, so what are you gonna do when he starts charging that shit up? Dash in and hope he's not baiting exactly that? Guess what, Wound is baiting exactly that. Gonna let Supes trait up or spam lasers all day? Nope gotta get in and hope he's not ready to meet that dash with a f2 or make you whiff entirely with that back dash of his.

Bane CAN and WILL get in on just about everyone this side of Zatanna for sure, but some characters can make him work ten times harder than them for it. Bane's best when he can get in at his own pace and THEN go ham on that ass once he does, but a good Sinestro or Superman may have you going ham just to get in in the first place throughout most of the match.
The match is probably 5-5, but not if you are "going ham" for the whole match; that's what Sinestro wants. You can block a ton of fireballs and still be okay. People in general are just bad against Sinestro because they do not concede B12. If you ever block that string (especially if you are Bane) then Sinestro has to guess on what to do next and the situation could become really ugly for him. The arachnid gets eaten up by all of Bane's armored moves on wakeup unless Sinestro has trait. Overall, Trait isn't as effective against Bane because Sinestro's typical guessing games (especially after moves are blocked) are minimized. This match has not been explored enough by Bane players.

cR Biohazard

Team Torr

Believe in Rally Jackson

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Just caught up in this thread

Thoughts?
the arguments from some bane players arent in good faith, its just ways to make them feel better about losing

Carry on

Reactions: Kyu

Kyu

CHOO CHOO BANE TRAIN
The match is probably 5-5, but not if you are "going ham" for the whole match; that's what Sinestro wants. You can block a ton of fireballs and still be okay. People in general are just bad against Sinestro because they do not concede B12. If you ever block that string (especially if you are Bane) then Sinestro has to guess on what to do next and the situation could become really ugly for him. The arachnid gets eaten up by all of Bane's armored moves on wakeup unless Sinestro has trait. Overall, Trait isn't as effective against Bane because Sinestro's typical guessing games (especially after moves are blocked) are minimized. This match has not been explored enough by Bane players.
This is exactly what I was thinking but I didn't want to be blown up because to be truthful, this is one of the matchups I don't have high level exp with. Thanks for posting your thoughts on it.

cR Biohazard

Team Torr
going to TFC? I'd love to play this match out with you, I'm sure there is much to be explored

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
I'm sorry Ms. "Jackson" (oh)
I am for real
Never meant to make your MUs chart cry
I don't apologize a trillion times
I'm sorry Ms. JACKSON (oh)
I am for real
Never meant to make your BANE cry
I don't apologize a trillion times
Just caught up in this thread

Thoughts?
the arguments from some bane players arent in good faith, its just ways to make them feel better about losing

Carry on
You're absolutely right. I learned that tactic from watching some people claim Bane bops Zod just to feel better after an 11 year old bodied them free in tournament.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Don't think anybody said Bane bops Zod... like ever.
Maybe on Wake-up?
Pretty sure it was claimed that Bane beats Zod 6-4 even though he can barely even hope to move against perfect iazb's. So if me agreeing with Bio that Sinestro and Superman are probably 6-4 in their favor is just trying to make myself feel better...

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Pretty sure it was claimed that Bane beats Zod 6-4 even though he can barely even hope to move against perfect iazb's. So if me agreeing with Bio that Sinestro and Superman are probably 6-4 in their favor is just trying to make myself feel better...
I don't think I've ever seen that, and I'm pretty generous with my numbers.
Its 9-1 Zod if Bane can't get it, 9-1 Bane if he can. So probably 5-5.