What's new

One Week Away! Kombat Network Presents Revolution X w/ Special Guest L.I. Joe!

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Yes, next Sunday the Kombat Network will be running it's very first Mortal Kombat 9 tournament at YesterCades in Red Bank, NJ! According to Shock the player list is looking to hit upwards to 50 players when in the beginning they were aiming for merely 30 players to start. This tournament will have monsters... and it will be streamed via the Kombat Network Twitch.tv channel (twitch.tv/KombatNetwork). Did we mention L.I. Joe will be the special guest commentator?! He may also play some casuals as well. The address is 80 Broad Street, Red Bank NJ, 07701, start time for warm ups is 4PM sharp, and the tournament will follow around 5PM. Be in the area around 3:30 to ensure you will get to the venue in time to make the most of the time before the tournament itself, so plan travel time accordingly. Remember, venue fee is $15 for all day access to casuals and the arcade games in the building, and there is a $10 entry fee for MK9 if you are playing in the tournament. UMK3 and possibly an MK1 cabinet will be available. Below are some of the confirmed players as well as some of the giveaways they will have!

1. vVv CD Jr
2. vVv REO
3. Check
4. SwiftTomHanks
5. Death
6. KT Smith
7. Maxter
8. Crazy Doiminican
9. xxteefxx
10. J360
11. NYChris G and many more!!!
Go to this link to see the official tournament thread for complete info and hotel accomodations: http://testyourmight.com/threads/1-22-kombat-network-comes-full-force-revolution-x.12403/

Prizes in include:

Top 3 split of $600/$150/$100 minimum cash courtesy of Summoning, Shock and Jon Loor of Local Battles, plus raffle style giveaways of at least one MK9 PDP arcade stick, 15 to 20 MK9 character pins, 4 MK9 magnets, Mad Catz Combat panel, MK1 Sonya figure, MK Clock, GameStop MK9 signage, 2 EGMs featuring MK9 (sub-zero and Raiden covers), Midway history book, MK9 posters, 2 MK9 road tour shirts all courtesy of Tim Static.

Attachments

Any idea if there are any close bars next to the place? With the Giants being in the NFC Championship game, I at least want to make sure to catch some of that aswell.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Any idea if there are any close bars next to the place? With the Giants being in the NFC Championship game, I at least want to make sure to catch some of that aswell.
We will have the whole wall to ourselves and there are two 55" HD screens, only one of which we need so I can ask them to put the game on if you'd like, they've done that for people before. Otherwise, the Dublin House is right around the corner about 100 feet away.

Carefoot

http://youtube.com/nickcarefoot
Last time I played Joe was at PDP and he bodied me. I'm pretty sure as much as people think hes 'stopped' hes probably still a beast. Remember when he killed PL @ PDP in that Kung Lao mirror in top 8? Nutso.

summoning

Noncompliance to ASTM F 899-12 Standard
check: loooking forward to see you my friend
Busta: awesome to hear that

Also a reminder for those of you that show up just to hang out even , we will raffle off a brand new PDP KLASSIC MK stick!!