What's new

1/22... Kombat Network Comes Full Force, "Revolution X"

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Sunday, January 22nd, at YesterCades in Red Bank, NJ will be the first official KombatNetwork Mortal Kombat tournament. Start time is 4PM for casuals, tournament will begin at roughly 5PM. $15 venue fee, $10 entry fee. Minimum payouts will be $350, $100, $50 to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.

The event is called "Revolution X." The venue is a new arcade in NJ that opened in October which hosts primarily 80s and early 90s arcade classics. It will be open for regular business operation during the tournament but we will have an entire wall of the building designated for 3 MK setups. The MK players will have access to all the classic arcade machines and pinball during this time but we of course encourage the MK players to pay attention to the tournament as much as possible. Streaming will be provided by KombatNetwork. Not all matches will be streamed due to time constraints but matches will be streamed throughout the duration of the tournament.

^ by [user]Shock[/user]

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
From what I just posted on SRK:

Early next year, KombatNetwork will be running its first Mortal Kombat tournament out of a new venue in Red Bank, NJ. This same venue is where we recently held a "mini-demo tournament" to see how it went and it was a success. With main investors, Shock and Summoning, for this tournament we're hoping to draw in at least 32 players. This number should not be very difficult to achieve considering most of East Coast's monsters are likely to attend. Here are some details:

Sunday, January 22nd, at YesterCades located at 80 Broad Street in Red Bank, NJ will be the first official KombatNetwork Mortal Kombat tournament. Start time is 4PM for casuals, tournament will begin at roughly 5PM and will run until the tournament is finished. Most likely casuals can be played afterward until the venue closes. $15 venue fee, $10 entry fee. Guaranteed minimum payouts will be $350, $100, $50 to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.

The event is called "Revolution X." The venue is a new arcade in NJ that opened in October which hosts primarily 80s and early 90s arcade classics. It will be open for regular business operation during the tournament but we will have an entire wall of the building designated for 3 MK setups on Asus monitors. The MK players will have access to all the classic arcade machines and pinball during this time but we of course encourage the MK players to pay attention to the tournament as much as possible. Streaming will be provided by KombatNetwork. Not all matches will be streamed due to time constraints but matches will be streamed throughout the duration of the tournament.

KombatNetwork has built a reputation of producing quality MK performance and expect some of the best competition in the North East to show for this event. If you are in the area and want to test your game, this would be the place to do it. Otherwise, the venue is an amazing retro experience with most classic arcade games at your disposal, and Red Bank is a great area to tour.

All of these accommodations are in the area within 1 to 7 minutes (greatest distance is 2 miles) of the venue for anyone making a long haul for this one day event, and with approximate rates:

Cheapest:

Extended Stay America ~ $90 a night
329 Newman Springs Rd., Red Bank, NJ 07701
(732) 450-8688

Comfort Inn ~ $99 a night
750 Route 35 South
Middletown, NJ 07748
(732) 671-3400

Pricier and Nicier:

Molly Pitcher Inn - listed as low as $109
88 Riverside Ave, Red Bank, NJ 07701
(732) 747-2500

Courtyard Lincroft Red Bank ~ $139 a night
245 Half Mile Rd, Red Bank, NJ 07701
(732) 530-5552

Oyster Point Hotel ~ $139 - $169 a night
146 Bodman Pl, Red Bank, NJ 07701
(732) 530-8200

LI_Joe

Noob
Fucking yes. This is gonna be sick! :)
I will be in attendance. These are great guys and good friends so please come support. As you guys know I haven't played mk9 since pdp tournament so I don't think I'll be playing. I'll will commentate as much as asked and be down for some casuals maybe? Hope to see you all there!

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I will be in attendance. These are great guys and good friends so please come support. As you guys know I haven't played mk9 since pdp tournament so I don't think I'll be playing. I'll will commentate as much as asked and be down for some casuals maybe? Hope to see you all there!
It'll be great seeing you there Joe.

My list right now stands as follows for confirmed, for semi-confirmed:

Shock
Summoning
CD Jr
REO
Check
Steve N
JamesMK
Swift Tom Hanks
Teef
KT Smith
J360
Scoot MaGee
Riu48
Maxter
Sushi
OneBoxyRobot
rev0lver
Casselman
LI Joe

If I need to take you off the list let me know, or let me know if you have other players coming with you who haven't posted. I will post this in the regular thread as well. The other possible players, from whom I've spoken to and who have expressed interest in coming but aren't sure if they can make it:

DarkRob
Chris G
Crazy Domincan
AC1984
PimpUigi
Shadow Zero Kyo
Death
scarsunseen
BustaUppa
CptXecution
Classy Sasquatch
Starcharger28
Hitoshura

Anyone from the maybes list who wants to go to the confirmed list, please let me know, and again if you need to be removed completely. I really need to get an idea ahead of time. This gives us very close to a goal of 32 (a few people will likely not play) but I usually don't count in even half of the guarantees. In this situation I think we're safely around 20 players, but we want more. We want to add that bonus to make the payouts $500/$150/$75. 32 players = $320 in entry fees and about $500 in venue fees to the building owner, so we'll add over $400 in bonus cash to the pot, and split it approximately 70/20/10.

Scott, please read through the posts on here and my post in the thread and make it's up to date with all the necessary info.

Thanks again guys, hope to see as many players as possible!

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
We have another $100 pledge from Local Battles to add to the pot. We are still pushing for 32 players, and I will talk to players at APEX to find out if anyone is interested and also see what the venue thinks they can scrape up with walk ins. Random people are always interested in this stuff. Right now guaranteed payouts for first second and third are:

$400/$125/$75 plus we have some stuff lining up to giveaway for other placements. More on that as it develops.

If we get at least 32 players, top 3 payout will go up to $575/$150/$100 plus the giveaways for beyond 3rd place. For the sake of example, this equates to $320 in entry fees, $100 courtesy of Local Battles, and then $400+ from KombatNetwork. Venue fees go to YesterCades to compensate for taking up their contemporary console wall for up to 8 hours. So we are looking at $500 pot bonus for Revolution X. Please players, spread the word and get heads interested.

Today I will write up a list of gameplay rules, when to be in the area, things you should know about the area, time frame, etc.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Time to go over standard rules for MK9:

Kratos is banned.
Kratos stage is banned.
Street stage is banned.

Now for a few questions,

I am for enforcing "winner keeps selected character" as well since a lot of players complain about this.

Is there any reason to ban any particular costumes?

Hitbox, ban or no?

Anything else important?

Remember players, the venue is open for regular business operation and while there, the $15 venue fee grants you access to all the arcade machines for the entire time we're there. I would advise though, to pay attention the tournament itself as much as possible. The venue is relatively big, but it's a maze of arcade machines, so listen for your names when called if you are playing.

I am planning on having headsets for players on the stream, and we'll possibly be supplied headsets for all stations, so this will allow us to run audio off the 55" head level mounted screen the players can watch on. Right now we're looking at 3 total stations, 1 for streamed matches, 1 for non-streamed tournament matches, 1 for casuals during the tournament itself, unless we need it. For any players who may not get stream time, please do not take it to heart. From this list you can see there are a great many killers for such a small tournament and below that are still many of the best players in the North East. We will try to get everyone at least one stream match, but you guys know by now there is priority for the seeds.

Space is limited. is all I can say. For future events we will get more space. We *might* have space for another setup. At 4 PM all three setups will be used for casuals before the tournament begins which will be approximately 5PM, maybe later but not much later than that, and we are gunning to have all this stuff up and ready before the players get there. Be in the Red Bank area sometime before 4PM so that you may enter the building, get your wrist band and play, plan traveling according to Sunday traffic if coming in Sunday afternoon.

Once we get the stream queue set and we have everything from winners and losers brackets done up to semis, we'll use both auxiliary setups for casuals, and this may happen rather quickly, and when the tournament, and if it's done by a reasonable time, we can still hang out for some more casuals after but I'm going to bet we'll be cutting it close to the wire.

I'm going to promote as much as I can at APEX on Saturday and get some contacts to get us another 10 or so players to make that magic 32 a guarantee, as right now I see us getting 20 to 24. On top of that I think the venue itself should be able to get us a few.

Ultra Spec Cables is the main sponsor for this event, [MENTION=6619]summoning[/MENTION]'s company, he is putting in up to and over $400 for the pot bonus as of right now. Jon Loor/Local Battles has pledged $100 to the pot as well. The minimum payouts again are: $400/$125/$75 and with 32 players it jumps to $575/$150/$100 which means over $500 total bonus pot. We also have some giveaways courtesy of [MENTION=2]Tim Static[/MENTION], I will let him post about that. Those items can be given to 4th/5th/7th places etc possible. We mean business folks, it's a small, strict tournament but nonetheless it's a KombatNetwork exclusive event, with the player competition and support of TYM, YesterCades, Local Battles, and of course VSM. I want to one day be able to hand a winner $1000 cash for an MK tournament. Make it happen guys.

Here is my revised guest list for players in the tournament:

[MENTION=4675]CD jr[/MENTION]
[MENTION=16]REO[/MENTION]
[MENTION=7303]Crazy Domincan[/MENTION]
[MENTION=6624]Maxter[/MENTION]
[MENTION=255]Shock[/MENTION]
[MENTION=6619]summoning[/MENTION]
[MENTION=5207]jamessmk[/MENTION]
[MENTION=5773]NYChrisG[/MENTION]
[MENTION=278]Riu48[/MENTION]
[MENTION=25]Check[/MENTION]
[MENTION=5003]SwiftTomHanks[/MENTION]
[MENTION=3915]Scoot Magee[/MENTION]
[MENTION=2765]KT Smith[/MENTION]
[MENTION=1465]xxteefxx[/MENTION]
[MENTION=5716]J360[/MENTION]
[MENTION=355]AC1984[/MENTION]
[MENTION=7921]OneBoxyRobot[/MENTION]
[MENTION=5442]rev0lver[/MENTION]
[MENTION=5695]interloko[/MENTION]
[MENTION=1652]Casselman[/MENTION]
Steve N
[MENTION=3088]Hitoshura[/MENTION]

Special guests:

[MENTION=58]9.95[/MENTION] for KombatNetwork itself, providing the stream
Jon Loor from [MENTION=6674]localbattles[/MENTION] sponsoring ChrisG and adding $100 to the pot bnous
[MENTION=9393]Sushi[/MENTION] for commentary and pool hustling
LI Joe [MENTION=2385]thisisiloveu[/MENTION] for commentary and hype!

Players I'm waiting on:

[MENTION=9821]Dark_Rob[/MENTION]
[MENTION=2311]Sabin[/MENTION]
[MENTION=4772]blueNINE[/MENTION]
[MENTION=4380]BustaUppa[/MENTION]
[MENTION=3429]PimpUigi[/MENTION]
[MENTION=7944]Shadow Zero Kyo[/MENTION]
[MENTION=8871]Death[/MENTION]
[MENTION=5030]CptXecution[/MENTION]
[MENTION=6471]Starcharger28[/MENTION]

If you need to be taken off the list or moved from one section to another, please let me know. If anyone else knows players in the tri-state area that would otherwise be able to go to this but might not be aware of it, please let them know and tell them to contact me.

A lot of this info is redundant, venue location and local accommodations are available in the thread as well.

Thanks guys.

Hitoshura

Head Cage

I am for enforcing "winner keeps selected character" as well since a lot of players complain about this.

Hitbox ban or no?

CD Jr
REO
Crazy Domincan
Maxter
Shock
Summoning
JamesMK
Chris G
Riu48
Check
Swift Tom Hanks
Scoot MaGee
KT Smith
Teef
J360
AC1984
OneBoxyRobot
rev0lver
Interloko
Casselman
Steve N

Special guests:

Jon Loor
Sushi
LI Joe

Players I'm waiting on:

DarkRob
Arturo Sanchez
blueNINE
BustaUppa
PimpUigi
Shadow Zero Kyo
Death
CptXecution
Starcharger28
Well shock you better be adding me to this list b/c im goin :)

also im not liking the whole "keep ur character if you win thing" other fighting game tournaments don't do this so why should we?

also hitbox should be allowed. If your gonna ban hitbox ban keyboard as well.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Winning characters stays is pretty common Hitosaurus. Perhaps back in the day when the mighty Hitosaur was the dominant species of the tournament scene, this was no the case. I'd like more feedback on that guys.

Glad you're coming man!

Noob
Winning characters stays is pretty common Hitosaurus. I'd like more feedback on that guys.
Definitely winner stays... it's been the standard in tournament for basically forever(except in the 2d MK days) and it's the format we've been following in Majors for MK9 since the beginning.

jamessmk

I am your god

Kratos is banned.
Kratos stage is banned.
Street stage is banned.

Now for a few questions,

Is there any reason to ban any particular costumes?

Hitbox, ban or no?

Anything else important?

Remember players, the venue is open for regular business operation and while there, the $15 venue fee grants you access to all the arcade machines for the entire time we're there. I would advise though, to pay attention the tournament itself as much as possible. The venue is relatively big, but it's a maze of arcade machines, so listen for your names when called if you are playing.

I am planning on having headsets for players on the stream, and we'll possibly be supplied headsets for all stations, so this will allow us to run audio off the 55" head level mounted screen the players can watch on. Right now we're looking at 3 total stations, 1 for streamed matches, 1 for non-streamed tournament matches, 1 for casuals during the tournament itself, unless we need it. For any players who may not get stream time, please do not take it to heart. From this list you can see there are a great many killers for such a small tournament and below that are still many of the best players in the North East. We will try to get everyone at least one stream match, but you guys know by now there is priority for the seeds.

Space is limited. is all I can say. For future events we will get more space. We *might* have space for another setup. At 4 PM all three setups will be used for casuals before the tournament begins which will be approximately 5PM, maybe later but not much later than that, and we are gunning to have all this stuff up and ready before the players get there. Be in the Red Bank area sometime before 4PM so that you may enter the building, get your wrist band and play, plan traveling according to Sunday traffic if coming in Sunday afternoon.

Once we get the stream queue set and we have everything from winners and losers brackets done up to semis, we'll use both auxiliary setups for casuals, and this may happen rather quickly, and when the tournament, and if it's done by a reasonable time, we can still hang out for some more casuals after but I'm going to bet we'll be cutting it close to the wire.

I'm going to promote as much as I can at APEX on Saturday and get some contacts to get us another 10 or so players to make that magic 32 a guarantee, as right now I see us getting 20 to 24. On top of that I think the venue itself should be able to get us a few.

Ultra Spec Cables is the main sponsor for this event, [MENTION=6619]summoning[/MENTION]'s company, he is putting in up to and over $400 for the pot bonus as of right now. Jon Loor/Local Battles has pledged $100 to the pot as well. The minimum payouts again are: $400/$125/$75 and with 32 players it jumps to $575/$150/$100 which means over $500 total bonus pot. We also have some giveaways courtesy of Tim Static, I will let him post about that. Those items can be given to 4th/5th/7th places etc possible. We mean business folks, it's a small, strict tournament but nonetheless it's a KombatNetwork exclusive event, with the player competition and support of TYM, YesterCades, Local Battles, and of course VSM. I want to one day be able to hand a winner $1000 cash for an MK tournament. Make it happen guys.

CD Jr
REO
Crazy Domincan
Maxter
Shock
Summoning
JamesMK
Chris G
Riu48
Check
Swift Tom Hanks
Scoot MaGee
KT Smith
Teef
J360
AC1984
OneBoxyRobot
rev0lver
Interloko
Casselman
Steve N
Hitoshura

Special guests:

Jon Loor
Sushi
LI Joe

Players I'm waiting on:

DarkRob
Arturo Sanchez
blueNINE
BustaUppa
PimpUigi
Shadow Zero Kyo
Death
CptXecution
Starcharger28

If you need to be taken off the list or moved from one section to another, please let me know. If anyone else knows players in the tri-state area that would otherwise be able to go to this but might not be aware of it, please let them know and tell them to contact me.

A lot of this info is redundant, venue location and local accommodations are available in the thread as well.

Thanks guys.
I here Paper Legend is going to win this!!!! :)

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
don't ban hitboxes, that's crazy talk!

I still want to make the switch to one, which I will do when there is a lull in the tourny schedule.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Definitely winner stays... it's been the standard in tournament for basically forever(except in the 2d MK days) and it's the format we've been following in Majors for MK9 since the beginning.
I see winning character player switches every now and then, but definitely at least once at every tournament, but no one ever says anything, we need to enforce it if we are going to call for it.

Noob
I see winning character player switches every now and then, but definitely at least once at every tournament, but no one ever says anything, we need to enforce it if we are going to call for it.
I've seen it too... but just like an umpire, you don't give the advantage to one side by telling them the other side made a mistake(by switching characters after winning)... it's enforceable but only if the opponent spots it and brings it to our attention.

I will hopefully be there too. Can't wait. I like how Revolution X and APEX this month are so local to me.:headbang:

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
I am glad to hear this...really amazing job.

i shall be attending, i bet Simon and hanks are for sure as well :)

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
Last I talked about it with [MENTION=5003]SwiftTomHanks[/MENTION] he was giving Death and I a ride there.
So I should be there.

[MENTION=255]Shock[/MENTION] what is the full adrees for the event for us who can not get any where without a GPS :)

Tim Static

Adminerator
Alright folks, I'll be sending the left overs of the stuff NRS sent me that i originally planned for twitter, but i just couldnt afford to ship 30-40 plus items! :(

But this will work out for the better, seeing how its a tourney for MK, run my MK players, with MK prizes!

here is whats left:

ALSO have a couple bigger prizes, one being an PDP MK9 stick autographed by the Kombat Network!

But that isnt it....we are hoping to have a very cool, one in a million kinda prize but still working out the details.

Stayed to TYM & the Kombat Network for more coming very soon!!

[MENTION=255]Shock[/MENTION] [MENTION=58]9.95[/MENTION] [MENTION=18]Dark_Rob[/MENTION] [MENTION=1]STORMS[/MENTION] [MENTION=6619]summoning[/MENTION]

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Thanks Tim, [MENTION=278]Riu48[/MENTION], address is 80 Broad Street, Red Bank NJ 07701.