What's new

Question - Quan Chi One of the most unnecessary character changes ever

Grec

Noob
So Quan's sword footsies have been NEUTERED, and instead we have a 6 frame d1 to poke out of pressure.

This is just...I don't know where to begin. First of all Quan was perfectly balanced as he was. Almost everyone agreed. This is the kind of character who should not be able to get out of pressure like that, because it gives him more chances to use 50/50s.

WINNING WITH 50/50s is a scrub tactic! This is coming from a Quan main, giving him more opportunities to use 50/50s is just...braindead.

Why, who *cough* who whined about this to make this change? Quan was perfect, at a high level you played good footsies and zoning and you earned your win...now it's just...herp da derp 50-50s!

TwiztidOne

I don't know who that is...
I wouldn't really mind it that much if they made it -11 through -13 on block, but they made It -7 ):

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
Man, the buffs they gave to this character made me so salty. I could tolerate his hard to blockables because of his weakness, but now NRS basically took it away. 6f poke is a fucking joke IMO. Not to mention that unnecessary B2 buff.

Now c'mon Quan players, blow me up and tell me how much your character was unviable before.

Grec

Noob
Crouching poke into a 50/50 is a main part of Sonya's game though.

Oh wait, you're talking about Quan Chi. I was confused for a second.
I'm talking more about poking out of pressure with his d1.

He's too strong a character to be allowed to live once he's caught. He's got insane damage and the best zoning in the game. But arguably the worst part is that you have to end up blocking more 50/50s which can make or break a match depending on a coin flip.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
Man, the buffs they gave to this character made me so salty. I could tolerate his hard to blockables because of his weakness, but now NRS basically took it away. 6f poke is a fucking joke IMO. Not to mention that unnecessary B2 buff.

Now c'mon Quan players, blow me up and tell me how much your character was unviable before.
He was not unviable. All characters in this game are viable. But he had legit block infinites against him, being the only character with that. He needed help and he got it. The overreactions are just as 16 bit predicted

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure

Grec

Noob
He was not unviable. All characters in this game are viable. But he had legit block infinites against him, being the only character with that. He needed help and he got it. The overreactions are just as 16 bit predicted
Dude...I play this character and even I think he's too strong now! He already has the best tools in the game aside from his blockstring pressure game. He was perfect the way he was.

Wigy

There it is...
They nerfed the infinite away, there was no need for these buffs?

Liu FB DC is gone? Is there another infinite i don't know about. Takeda was basically in the exact same situation, he has no new armour or faster pokes.

STB Shujinkydink

Dude...I play this character and even I think he's too strong now! He already has the best tools in the game aside from his blockstring pressure game. He was perfect the way he was.
no character that is susceptible to block infinites is perfect. NOW he is perfect. he is IMO the best character in this game

gam224

The world's least hype player
what they should have done is kept his jab like it was but added more armour to ex down forward 1 in warlock. I thought what was really cool about quan is that he was a character that could zone and rush down but had one weakness that was covered by the variation system. He used to be well made, not any more.

STB Shujinkydink

Ok now I'm just gonna say it.

What have you done, dink?!
Ive fulfilled my duties as the Quanfather.

No father should EVER bury his son, and I will NEVER EVER again watch one of my faithful quan children be helplessly beat to death with no options. I did what any good father would do. I went to the source, I explained my case, and followed it up with good evidence. Now not ONLY does quan have no Bad MUs, but his previous bad MUS are nerfed to his favour since he also has a counter pick in warlock. There is no Karma here. Just madness. 4 years of playing a character when all you hear is "oh rune trap is so broken" can do crazy things to a man.

I EARNED THIS

Grec

Noob
Supposedly it's only +6 on hit, which is really low. So it could be worse.
The thing is you can use it to poke out of things like Lao's instant air divekick in the corner.

You should really have to pay for your mistakes with Quan. He's just too strong for that not to be the case.

Grec

Noob
Ive fulfilled my duties as the Quanfather.

No father should EVER bury his son, and I will NEVER EVER again watch one of my faithful quan children be helplessly beat to death with no options. I did what any good father would do. I went to the source, I explained my case, and followed it up with good evidence. Now not ONLY does quan have no Bad MUs, but his previous bad MUS are nerfed to his favour since he also has a counter pick in warlock. There is no Karma here. Just madness. 4 years of playing a character when all you hear is "oh rune trap is so broken" can do crazy things to a man.

I EARNED THIS
You're like a dad that pumped up his son with steroids and he lost his pen- I mean sword length

haketh

Noob
Having a way out of Block infinites doesn't mean he's suddenly got great defense

DarkFire*

Your halo is mine.
Honestly, I too think it was a bit much. The only real 'block infinite' that he had was from Liu Kang, who was nerfed, so no character would've had a block infinite on him even if he didn't get the D1 buff. He may very well be OP and #1 in the game, as his only weakness now is lack of armor/reversals, but with a 6 frame D1 that will undoubtedly help him get out of pressure better, it is not so scary for Quan players anymore when he's caught (even though it should be for how powerful he is). He went from being the character with the best offense and one of the worst defense to still having the best offense and decent defense IMO

But oh well, guess we better get used to it, and if we're lucky they'll fix it in the next patch lol