What's new

Question - Quan Chi One of the most unnecessary character changes ever

Grec

Noob
Having a way out of Block infinites doesn't mean he's suddenly got great defense
No, but he hands down has the best offense in the game.

My problem is his sword footsies are dead now and it's been replaced with a +2 psuedo unblockable and a 6 frame d1! Tell me that isn't braindead.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
No, but he hands down has the best offense in the game.

My problem is his sword footsies are dead now and it's been replaced with a +2 psuedo unblockable and a 6 frame d1! Tell me that isn't braindead.
none of the high level quan players use these unblockables in tournaments because we know how much of a gimmick it is. he is the best as ive admitted but he is not by any means braindead. shoutouts to @Braindead btw

haketh

Noob
So is buffing the zoning and damage of a character that already had the best zoning and damage.
Probably, we'll see. I think it's way to early to tell if he's the definite best with how some characters got buffed *Reptile, Kitana, Jacqui, Lasher Takeda, Cutthroat Kano ETC*

Grec

Noob
none of the high level quan players use these unblockables in tournaments because we know how much of a gimmick it is. he is the best as ive admitted but he is not by any means braindead. shoutouts to @Braindead btw
So footsies take less skill than having more 50/50s is what you're saying? I just don't want bad quans winning because they can use their 50/50s more now...

It's not the psuedo unblockable I'm whining about either. I mean it's +2 now, is that really necessary?

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Probably, we'll see. I think it's way to early to tell if he's the definite best with how some characters got buffed *Reptile, Kitana, Jacqui, Lasher Takeda, Cutthroat Kano ETC*
Venemous Dvorah is probably better than all those characters you listed tbh. Thats why I cant be too salty about the Quan thing, she definitely got overbuffed too lol.

Again I just kind of wonder what they were thinking. I think the warlock buffs were a good idea and the poke is meh but the zoning and damage buff just doesnt sit right with me.

Grec

Noob
Why would you poke out of it when you can block it? I don't get the point of what you're saying in that example.
You used to have to guess between d3 and blocking to get out of Lao's block pressure. But d1 can cover both.

As someone who plays every character in the game, that isn't true.
No, I'm not talking about block pressure. Zoning is an offensive tactic, and his reward for hitting a b3 or b2 is massive. Like 40-65% bnbs off a vortex. You cannot say that isn't strong.

The Slaj Jazz

TIckle my sweet salty nips
Ive fulfilled my duties as the Quanfather.

No father should EVER bury his son, and I will NEVER EVER again watch one of my faithful quan children be helplessly beat to death with no options. I did what any good father would do. I went to the source, I explained my case, and followed it up with good evidence. Now not ONLY does quan have no Bad MUs, but his previous bad MUS are nerfed to his favour since he also has a counter pick in warlock. There is no Karma here. Just madness. 4 years of playing a character when all you hear is "oh rune trap is so broken" can do crazy things to a man.

I EARNED THIS
Lol this made me laugh your right, never again!

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Venemous Dvorah is probably better than all those characters you listed tbh. Thats why I cant be too salty about the Quan thing, she definitely got overbuffed too lol.

Again I just kind of wonder what they were thinking. I think the warlock buffs were a good idea and the poke is meh but the zoning and damage buff just doesnt sit right with me.
Can we now anti-air with spray? What exactly were her buffs besides the extra ticks?