What's new

ON YOUR KNEES- KOTAL KAHN: Kombat Kast Wed at4pm EST, 3pm CST, 1pm PST

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
if you’re saying jacqui is still jacqui so meh.

I really think you just mean jacqui is still a black woman, an I don’t like them. Cuz this is basically a total redesign, that’s just my opinion tho.

I just wish ppl would say that instead.
Why throw everything over the line of racism? Some people don't like HUMAN characters, others hate SPECIAL FORCES. Stop playing the race card please. Go play the SJWarrior somewhere else.

Also, I've seen more than enough dark-skinned men hate on Jacqui, is that racism too? I used to hate Jacqui in MKX and I'm of half-color. Racist or just a personal taste in characters? I hate on Cassie cage, am I a racist now against all light-skinned people?

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
What? I'm sorry but xWildx wasn't negative in any way there?
People will read into whatever they want to. I did say her default design was boring as fuck, but that’s my opinion, so... lol

She probably has one of my favorite Fatal Blows though.

And people bringing race into it... like honestly. I don’t like D’Vorah or Cassie regardless either, nor do I ever like Johnny Cage much at all. So, I guess that makes me a racist, bug hating, feminist, misogynist according to the logic of some people on this forum.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
if you’re saying jacqui is still jacqui so meh.

I really think you just mean jacqui is still a black woman, an I don’t like them. Cuz this is basically a total redesign, that’s just my opinion tho.

I just wish ppl would say that instead.
Don't be a jackass. Not everyone prioritizes gameplay above all other considerations. That doesnt make people racist or sexist.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
I love that she’s actual Thai kickboxing now. Cyber legs was the obvious way to go with that. The cancels and stuff aren’t my style but it’s cool they made a character for those players. I like the clench knees though, I will try her out just for that and the knee snap throw.

Kotal feeling a boss is appropriate. The saw move was great, I only played his sword variation in mkx so I’m happy about his moves. Plus he’s a behemoth now and looks like he could actually fight Shao. I hope he doesn’t look like a bitch in story mode again lol. Always getting smashed by kombat kids. Get crushed by Kahn in an epic battle.

I like the redesign for both of these characters. Much better than their mkx versions imo. Are they streaming this “Friday event” on their twitch channel?

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Btw, am I the only one that finds weird that the trailer says "Kotal Kahn reveal", then proceeds to make Jaquie the protagonist and kill Kotal?
Well, Kotal wasn't actually revealed yet before the trailer, while Jacqui has had her render revealed already. So technically, this is the reveal of Kotal Kahn.

But yeah, the focus on Jacqui in this trailer was an odd choice.

Jacque gameplay wise looks way much better than her mkx version. But her personality, intro/outro and voice still sounds meh/generic and boring but I will wait for further videos of her to make my final opinion. Her costume outfits still looks generic (except for her 3rd outfit) but way better than her mkx costume. Her 3rd outfit might mean she joins Kronika if not I'll be greatly disappointed.

Last edited:
Not everyone prioritizes gameplay above all other considerations.
Pretty sure gameplay is a pretty important part.

Her main design is shit and it implies that her character in story mode is still complete shit (generic SF soldier) by extension. No reason to backtrack yet.
Subjective and we haven't seen much of the story, so it seems like jumping the gun to say she'll just be a generic SF soldier.

Plus like someone else said, she's a plasma-powered bionic kickboxer, she's certainly not a generic soldier.

Last edited:
I already knew Kotal was gonna be awesome but I didn't expect Jacqui to be so cool. Still don't really dig her default skin but her other ones are great! I wish Jacqui would've been like this from the very beginning