What's new

ON YOUR KNEES- KOTAL KAHN: Kombat Kast Wed at4pm EST, 3pm CST, 1pm PST

Jacqui looks sick! A fan of real fighting... I love her Thai clinch! As well as the Muay Thai stance and her throw reverse Into armbar! For sure going to be learning to play with her .

As for kotal.. they killed it with his updates .I really like how they play to the Aztec theme with jaguars, alter sacrifices, etc .

Two more very well done, badass characters! Can't wait to see whose next

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I kid you not, I am getting more impressed with every Kombat Kast more and more! They're always getting better! @16 Bit Man...

*Standing Ovation*
For real, every character reveal has got me even more hype even if I know that I'm going to main Cassie. This game is going to be amazing.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
I was disappointed to see that the amplified Throw Break was exclusive to Jacqui. I thought that would've been a nice balance to the insane Krushing Blows on wrong throw techs.

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
I'm with the Jacqui looks boring camp. I think her moveset is neat looking and in that regard she looks more interesting but NRS has had some really generic visual designs with the sci fi characters. The power armor makes her look like a character from Generic Triple A Space Shooter 8.

NRS shafted Kotal in his own trailer so they could get their Jacqui wank going. Didn't even get a fatality so no wonder she is trending. They spent way more time breaking down her over Kotal too so it's clear what they want.

NoobKillua

Anything's Possible
I'm not one of those people who shits on someones favorite character saying "x" is a wasted slot cause "y" is more deserving. with that said I'm still not interested in Jacqui in the slightest and I still don't find her appealing despite what we saw in today's Kombat Kast. Granted her 3rd outfit looks good and her combat style is impressive which has potential, I hope her fans enjoy her. BUT I was disappointed when I saw her, I was hoping to see my girl Kitana.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
NRS shafted Kotal in his own trailer so they could get their Jacqui wank going. Didn't even get a fatality so no wonder she is trending. They spent way more time breaking down her over Kotal too so it's clear what they want.
Kotal gets dissed in the intro, doesn't hit Jacqui with a single Krushing Blow, gets fatalitied and then they forget to show his Fatal Blow until after they're finished with Jacqui.

Pretty whack lol

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
They did that because Jacqui was so anti hype in MKX so they figured nobody would get excited about her if they just cold announced her. So this way people would watch the trailer and be like "oh I didnt know she could do that".

Her design is still lame tho

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Kotal looks amazing, I'm not sold on his bear-headdress alternate costume though, his main costume is much better.
I think his bear head is awesome with the bones around his arms. It's primal and shamanic and I love it. He has tick throws, multiple powerups: drink blood/totem and awesome range. I'm glad he doesn't have 50/50 startups. They are really balancing characters for once.

Jacqui looks great close up, those fake out cancels and tick throws + multiple juggle options with great normals she looks like a threat up close. Sonya style character and no more raptor arms!!!!

"Jacqui will return in Avengers: Endgame"

Jokes aside, I appreciate that NRS spiced her gameplay up a bit, but I'm just not a fan of those skins at all. I hope she, at the very least, is a more fleshed out character in the story.

Anyways... Kotal Kahn! Man, I was NOT expecting that "jaguar" transformation at all! I'm super excited about stacking totems, as well. That's gonna be really fun. I'm very happy he returned for this game. It would have been a real shame and dare I say insult if he was left out. Can't wait to see the Battle of the Kahns!

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
I think his bear head is awesome with the bones around his arms. It's primal and shamanic and I love it. He has tick throws, multiple powerups: drink blood/totem and awesome range. I'm glad he doesn't have 50/50 startups. They are really balancing characters for once.

Jacqui looks great close up, those fake out cancels and tick throws + multiple juggle options with great normals she looks like a threat up close. Sonya style character and no more raptor arms!!!!
I would like that on Nightwolf, but not on Kotal, there aren't even bears in the aztec myths, so it would have been better if they used a Jaguar, giant snake or crocodile.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Ok, no one who didn’t like Jacqui to begin with is suddenly praying at Jacqui’s fans’ feet for forgiveness, let’s not get carried away.

She looks fine. Her default design still looks basic as fuck to me, and I’m kind of disappointed that she didn’t do more with that laser wall. I’m hoping she has some ability to leave it up and create a corner anywhere on screen, because that would be awesome.

That being said, her third outfit is much better than her default, and I’m glad to see that NRS willing to give long hair another try.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Ok, no one who didn’t like Jacqui to begin with is suddenly praying at Jacqui’s fans’ feet for forgiveness, let’s not get carried away.

She looks fine. Her default design still looks basic as fuck to me, and I’m kind of disappointed that she didn’t do more with that laser wall. I’m hoping she has some ability to leave it up and create a corner anywhere on screen, because that would be awesome.

That being said, her third outfit is much better than her default, and I’m glad to see that NRS willing to give long hair another try.
I guess some people just can't be impressed? I've never been a Jacqui fan and I'm seeing potential to be top tier at least mid from the characters we've seen so far.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
Sooo, with this Kotal/Shao khan's arena being revealed, do we already know all stages now? Add the stage of D'Vorah's hive as well! (as that is clearly a stage in the game)