What's new

General/Other - Sub-Zero (Old) Sub-Zero Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

trufenix

bye felicia
Can we not do the I saw this in the video it must be law game this time? Remember when Scorpion could land 7 teleports in a combo?

25 years after MK9 and Scorpion still hates the guy. Give him a break :(

I want to see more of the ice weapon based style I saw out of Sub-Zero from the stream footage. Sub-Zero as a potential mix-up rushdown characters interests me.

I liked what I saw from Sub-Zero's Unbreakable style from the IGN stream. The ice parry he had must be barrier of frost. I didn't see anything that would be Frozen Aura. He seems to have a lot of juggles in this style too.

I do not like this parry X-Ray. I am hoping that its a parry in one variation and a forward moving attack in another. Giving him a parry X-Ray doesnt really help.

1. he already has a style with a parry which can serve the same purpose without using 3 bars.
2. clone variation will keep opponents from getting close. X-Ray wont be as useful as a parry, but better as a physical attack.
3. his ex slide is a universal special through all 3 variations and it has armor to help get SZ out of being pressured. he doesnt need an X-Ray for this.

ryublaze

Noob
I think the X-Ray will be like MK9 where he charges toward you, but if your opponent hits you while you're charging it it'll act like a parry. There wasn't really any point in charging it in MK9 besides doing swag X-Ray dash cancels.

Also can we talk about that ice wall or ice barrier special???

I think the X-Ray will be like MK9 where he charges toward you, but if your opponent hits you while you're charging it it'll act like a parry. There wasn't really any point in charging it in MK9 besides doing swag X-Ray dash cancels.

Also can we talk about that ice wall or ice barrier special???
I'm not to big on any of his parry-like moves. Clone takes a lot less risk plus having a Clone as a wake up attack REALLY helps. I'm sure his other variations will come in handy for situational mu's, but I think the clone style will work best overall.

Sami

Noob
Plot issue of Sub Zero being Cyber Sub Zero at the end of MK9 acknowledged by Boon on the current Gamespot stream. He said that more than one person has filled the role of Sub Zero in the character's history (this we already know) and that the story mode will explain who this Sub Zero is (old, cyber, new, who knows?)

Marvaz

come at me
You can bet the west coast will have the tech on lock like we did in mk9! Sub zero top 3 west coast :p

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
I'm curious as to the usefullness of the ice clone now that it is confirmed to be throwable by BOTH characters... wouldnt this mean it would be a terrible wake up option? As an opponent you could simply pressure SZ on wake up and just grab the clone as he trys to make space...

Also wouldnt jailing in the corner be difficult as well? Oh... you put a clone in front of me? Here let me just throw it at you....

Status
Not open for further replies.