What's new

General/Other - Sub-Zero (Old) Sub-Zero Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
I HAVE RETURNED TO SUB-ZERO!!!!

Ok.. in all seriousness though I do have one big concern. The speed of his Ice Blast is way too slow. SZ wont even be able to trade with the worst of zoners unless the speed is increased.
I sort of agree, but it seems like a lot of the zoning they've demonstrated so far has been slower. Scorpion's fireball was slow, the big guy throwing the little girl was slow, and Sub's ice was slow. It seems like they have some sort of charging mechanic on them to make them do more damage or freeze/stun longer or something from what I've seen. Looking forward to learning more Wednesday.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)

Ok.. in all seriousness though I do have one big concern. The speed of his Ice Blast is way too slow. SZ wont even be able to trade with the worst of zoners unless the speed is increased.
The start up seemed a bit slow to me, personally.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Here is to hoping that "frozen" opponents become grounded for full combo's

The ice ball looked more like the ice nugget move than a capture move.

Like his enhanced slide tossed out the same looking projectile that did not freeze.

Maybe he has both? Or one variation has a projectile that does legit damage, and another to capture?

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
I'm looking forward to the rest of the stuff that we will see during the rest of E3.

Man, I wish that I was there.....I think that I would just constantly be walking back and forth between the MK X and No Man's Sky booths. lol

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Here is to hoping that "frozen" opponents become grounded for full combo's

The ice ball looked more like the ice nugget move than a capture move.

Like his enhanced slide tossed out the same looking projectile that did not freeze.

Maybe he has both? Or one variation has a projectile that does legit damage, and another to capture?
So many questions.. so few answers...

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I really wanna use the clone version... but that parry was so badass and granted a combo or grab whatever it was that he did.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
2 things I wanna say:

1.People are saying their are two different Sub-Zero,because one has a frozen mask and the other do not......what if its just Sub-Zero activating his trait?

2.That Sub-Zero combo at 1:00 ends in a......command throw?

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Those little slides back and forward, maybe they are special moves not dashes? Like Smoke Away/Toward? And no dashes in the game, only run?

D7MHellcat

Frozen Earth
Ahhhhh

Thank you my friend

Edit:

I have no doubt that you're more qualified than me in SZ knowledge, but you don't think that NRS will give him plenty of tools to warrant his Iceball being so slow? He may just not play very similar to MK9 Sub.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?

I've noticed though, that his overall speed seems increased. This is freaking awesome. Oh God a viable Sub Zero....can you imagine?

Please tell me that thing we saw was a meter burn parry.....

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I have no doubt that you're more qualified than me in SZ knowledge, but you don't think that NRS will give him plenty of tools to warrant his Iceball being so slow? He may just not play very similar to MK9 Sub.
One style for sub may not. But another may very well be the ultimate turtle.

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
After his MK9 playstyle (godbless his cool looks and interesting story) he should have stayed at his local MyYoo throwing frozen yogurt to kids who don't behave.
He'll definitely be a secondary of mine though.
Gotta go with the classic...

I think the different versions of a character is NRS' answer to bad matchups, maybe we have to master all versions of one character at the highest level.

PSYCHED to see more of Sub's variations. Day one main, as per always. I'll be chucking clones like a mofo.

I've also seen his variation with a medallion on his chest. NEED INFO!

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions

But you can throw ice clones.

I think that'd be a pretty big deal if he could do that in MK9.

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
The clone throw has raised a couple questions for me.

I wonder if this means he can only clone on the ground and not in the air.
I also wonder with that being said, if he can air clone. Can he pull the clone from the air and throw it or would it just whiff?

Status
Not open for further replies.