What's new

General/Other - Sub-Zero Multiple variations of Sub-Zero

RYX

BIG PUSHER

first variant of him, he has his ice clone, freeze move, and a slide.

his mask is glowing here. in this form he had his ice parry. he also had some kind of charge move (projectile?) that got interrupted by Scorpion's hellfire-y move.

so we've seen 2 variants of sub-zero in the game, albeit with less shown than Scorpion. thoughts?

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Pointed this out multiple times, but no one cared lol

Glad you made a thread about it. :)

Variation one had the clone and combos. And possible the forward and backwards movement slides.

Variation two had the shield parry (shield made of ice, fucking badass). Think he grabbed him after... possibly more of a grapple character?

trufenix

bye felicia
Might be nothing, but hhen he does the string into throw, glowy mask sub does the prison shank while other sub just does a hip toss.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Honestly

I don't think we saw variations of SZ.

I think we saw what happens when he is "traited" and when he isn't.

Then again I know about as much as the next guy.

I also didn't see a true "capture" freeze projectile....... because the one after the enhanced slide didn't freeze..... and the one he threw looked to be the same.

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
I'm more of a balanced or rushdown type of player, but I'm a fan of Sub-Zero (& Scorpion, all ninjas in general I prefer). Do you think he'll be defensive? I like what I see out of him so far so I'm willing to put the time & effort into him.

LionHeart V1

You will feel deaths cold embrace
I wonder if projectiles will go through the clone since its an actual physical object this time.

Did everyone forget the announcement of different versions of characters that came with the CG trailer? This is prolly showing some of them off.
Scorpion, as well, since he doesn't have his swords outside the one example. That plus the 2 different X-rays.

MrSoloLobo

I have a keen eye for all things broken.
It's gonna be awesome finding combos that utilize both stances kinda like WW and NW in injustice.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Honestly

I don't think we saw variations of SZ.

I think we saw what happens when he is "traited" and when he isn't.

Then again I know about as much as the next guy.

I also didn't see a true "capture" freeze projectile....... because the one after the enhanced slide didn't freeze..... and the one he threw looked to be the same.
He never hit anyone with the ice blast or clone though...

so we don't know that they don't capture the opponent.

Here's hoping they do!

Immortal Reaver

Team Sub-Zero
Why would you want to be able to switch variations in-game? That would be dumb. You might as well just have them all active at once and do away with the variations at that point.