What's new

General/Other - Ferra/Torr [Old] Ferra/Torr variations discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
please don't dislodge my limbs

alright do it, but do it in a sexy way :tonyt
lol... I don't dislocate limbs for fun. You have to be careful with it or you can rip tendons and nerve endings.
You'd have to be laying pretty much still for me to do it properly.

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
the withdrawal is he sacrifices health, and it probably has some startup. he also doesn't have super armor and take less damage if you do manage to hit him. #morefair.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
I'm not getting the Bane vibe from just damage shenanigans tbh. To me Bane is, first and foremost, armor everywhere. So far I haven't seen F/T having more armor than your average modern MK character. So I think it's probably not that good of a comparison.

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
i didn't say it was exactly like bane, i said it's like a fair bane by removing the super armor. he also has a charge like bane's and yes, the ex has armor.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
i didn't say it was exactly like bane, i said it's like a fair bane by removing the super armor. he also has a charge like bane's and yes, the ex has armor.
If we are to argue semantics, then Sub-Zero is also a fair Bane because he doesn't have armor on everything but ex-version of advancing special :p

What I'm saying, there's no point of comparing "fair" characters with no free armor to Bane because said free armor is exactly what defines Bane to me. Damage-affecting side of venom was there just to make him win trades that happen when he's played accordingly to dev's idea, which is, again, armoring through shit. With F/T this feature is independent one.

If anything, what I've heard of different variations of F/T so far reminds me more of Lobo. Stuff to get in on a read via low-hitbox move or armor, ability to buff damage if left alone, extended range moves (Ferra as opposed to shotgun/chain), options to command grab up close...
Except that F/T have those things spread between variations instead of having them in one package that was kinda bill regardless.

Off-topic, but this is the reason I sometimes have doubt in entire variation thingie. Whatever, I guess.

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
his round-pose is also similar to bane's where he pounds the ground. and yeah sometimes the variations sound like a counter picking mini game, but probably not since the characters still have core abilities.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
you mean the one i posted? i can still see it. it's his ruthless variation and it just says it trades pain for power. ferra stabs her blades into torrs back, increasing his damage output. this variation is about balancing risk against reward and is excellent for rushdown. basically a more fair bane.
It was just Facebook being a little bitch for me. And not in a good way. Thanks for the summary

Hruza Da Bruza

Must Mash Harder!!!!!
Ferra/Torr looks so awesome. Which is weird for me because I have never played much of the Grappler type characters (As a main that is) I really like the ideas behind their individual variations and that you can also Rush Down with them.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
the withdrawal is he sacrifices health, and it probably has some startup. he also doesn't have super armor and take less damage if you do manage to hit him. #morefair.
Actually the start-up is negligible. You can do it after a MB grab and have like +3 on your jab after.

Also ferra has some bomb ass arcs when you toss her, and she turns into a little extra person when she is scurrying about

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
@Doombawkz

Questions in coming. Was Lackey less of a combo-heavy was it a bit more Bane-esque?
Uh... All of them are kinda light on the combo side, Lackey was probably the heaviest because it didn't depend on a set-up mechanic or Ferra being there.
So I wouldn't say Bane-esque, its a bit of a hybrid variation with some interesting mechanics included. Has the least trouble with full-screen gap closing.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Uh... All of them are kinda light on the combo side, Lackey was probably the heaviest because it didn't depend on a set-up mechanic or Ferra being there.
So I wouldn't say Bane-esque, its a bit of a hybrid variation with some interesting mechanics included. Has the least trouble with full-screen gap closing.
I would have thought it different, as I've seen him perform decent combos with the aid of Ferra. You're saying Lackey was the most combo heavy?

What kind of set-ups did you find or are you referring?

Is the roll punishable? And the low grab that switches sides, is it a command grab or a low?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I would have thought it different, as I've seen him perform decent combos with the aid of Ferra. You're saying Lackey was the most combo heavy?

What kind of set-ups did you find or are you referring?

Is the roll punishable? And the low grab that switches sides, is it a command grab or a low?
Yes, because after you throw ferra you can't use her until she regains positioning, which takes time with how mobile Torr can be mid-combo.

set-up being a cut or like Raiden's orb. Things you need to prepare, or set-up, beforehand in order to maximize output.

It is in the way that it acts like Bane's f.2.d (it goes through the whole animation) so its much less punishable at the end of the roll than the beginning. From a little after the halfway point I don't think its punishable, but anything before that can be punished by mids and lows.

The low grab that switches sides is a low, but it can be blocked.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Yes, because after you throw ferra you can't use her until she regains positioning, which takes time with how mobile Torr can be mid-combo.

set-up being a cut or like Raiden's orb. Things you need to prepare, or set-up, beforehand in order to maximize output.

It is in the way that it acts like Bane's f.2.d (it goes through the whole animation) so its much less punishable at the end of the roll than the beginning. From a little after the halfway point I don't think its punishable, but anything before that can be punished by mids and lows.

The low grab that switches sides is a low, but it can be blocked.
Was there one variation you liked better or tested more so than the others? Do you think the variations offer a good distinctions in playstyle?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Was there one variation you liked better or tested more so than the others? Do you think the variations offer a good distinctions in playstyle?
Ruthless, for sure. I tested it about 3 or 4 times, even though I devote each trip to trying out new characters I always put a FT game under my belt.
I would say so, between them there shouldn't be any opponent he can't beat down. I would say viscous is probably the most rounded because of its projectile abilities and still maintaining the grappler-esque styles.
Lackey is as I described before, I feel its a bit of a throw-away because for the most part V and R should cover most of anything, but Lackey has its value in niche MUs (Cassie Cage) which give us trouble otherwise I've found.

Idk why anyone would use Ferra Torr without Ferra..... She's my fav part of group. And what make them such cool design is fact there 2 in 1.I just dont get splitting them up.Havnt seen this orginal and well thought new character since birth Quan Chi in Mk4. & Ferra is adorable <3

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
Can someone explain me the difference between Lackey and Ruthless variation? It´s just a question of damage buff/risk? No difference in gameplay at all?
Thank you

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Can someone explain me the difference between Lackey and Ruthless variation? It´s just a question of damage buff/risk? No difference in gameplay at all?
Thank you
Eh? One has increased mobility and presumably something else, another get to keep some Ferra moves (I assume) and sacrifice move. I think @Doombawkz knows more.

Status
Not open for further replies.