What's new

General/Other - Ferra/Torr [Old] Ferra/Torr variations discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
From the gameplay videos I can see that the 3 variations are:

'Ruthless - adds Pain and Gain ability which increases Torr's damage output.'
  • Access to a special move which makes Ferra stab Torr, draining 10-15% of health and increasing his damage output for a short time.
'Vicious - adds Boss Toss, Little Kutter and increased Ferra damage.'
  • From what we know, Ferra acts as a projectile, so maybe this variation is based more on that aspect. A gameplay video shows the 'Ruthless' variation having access to some moves that involve throwing Ferra as a low, and as a specific looking arching throw.
'Lackey - an enhanced Torr fights solo as Ferra watches from the sidelines.'
  • Lets Torr fight without Ferra and gives him more grapples and some kind of mobility/command roll at the cost of not having Ferra's ranged attacks. The roll seems to be an attack as well as a movement option. Most likely decreases Torr's ability to do bigger combos from what we've seen of the use of Ferra to continue juggle combos.
It doesn't seem like the appearance of the characters alters too much between variations, unlike Kotal Kahn for instance.

Last edited:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I saw her always following the oponnent in position, maybe is to use some moves as stryker or something

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
I'll admit, when we first saw Ferra/Torr in the trailer, I hated their concept. However, now I'm totally sold and am genuinely intrigued.

"Lackey" is interesting, imo.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Lackey apparently lets him fight without Ferra and gives him more grapples and I think some kind of mobility/command roll from what I heard at the cost of not having Ferra's ranged stuff.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Lackey apparently lets him fight without Ferra and gives him more grapples and I think some kind of mobility/command roll from what I heard at the cost of not having Ferra's ranged stuff.
He seems faster without her as well.

besides SZ and Scorpion, Ferra/Torr looks like a sick character design. Never seen something like it before.... definitely a prime character I might be playing

eolson3

Noob
Do you think the Pain and Gain thing only buffs when she does the stabbing move on him, or is it always active? Either way, I think it is a neat idea.

E

Status
Not open for further replies.