What's new

Official UMK3:TE Changelog and Discussion Thread

nwo

Noob
thx! but where is the last revision?

and why "get over here" voice is not fixed?...seem easy to fix,no!?
I think that's more of a sound cpu issue within Mame, UMK3 uses ADSP2105 which is mono. That could be why it gets cut off by the blood splatting sound.

It might be possible to swap it with ADSP2104 which is what MK4 uses and is stereo sound. I'm not sure if that would fix the problem, but it's where I'd start.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Compression_System

Last edited:

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
IIRC, though, H. Smoke no longer says that (it was deliberately programmed to be this way in UMK3 TE) while Scorpion still says it.

I think that's more of a sound cpu issue within Mame, UMK3 uses ADSP2105 which is mono. That could be why it gets cut off by the blood splatting sound.

It might be possible to swap it with ADSP2104 which is what MK4 uses and is stereo sound. I'm not sure if that would fix the problem, but it's where I'd start.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Compression_System
That's it. If you turn the blood off (in mame or via dipswitch/options menu on the cabinet), he says the full get over here/come here.
It happens on the cabinet as well. The sound emulation in MKAK/XBL Arcade is the reason you don't hear it on those versions.

NSR

@tehdrewsus
well, truth be told, these combos could be a lot worse. Most of them seem to peak at 60% or 59% damage.
I mean, they could be 100% or 90% combos. Besides, isn't this patch still a WIP?

NSR

He doesn't need it.
What he needs are fair buffs that don't make him either too powerful or worse, broken.

NSR

@tehdrewsus
Ehh, sorry for not picking it up.
thing is, there are several people in this forum who ask for buffs which are obviously broken (not for this game, but say, MKX Kitana, just to give off an example) So when someone says he/she needs it, I naturally assume they are talking seriously, and not being sarcastic. I know a few rotten apples shouldn't spoil the whole bunch, but goddamn I would be lying if I said it didn't affect my judgment at times.
Now I feel like a dumbass.