What's new

Official UMK3:TE Changelog and Discussion Thread

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
@tehdrewsus
Ehh, sorry for not picking it up.
thing is, there are several people in this forum who ask for buffs which are obviously broken (not for this game, but say, MKX Kitana, just to give off an example) So when someone says he/she needs it, I naturally assume they are talking seriously, and not being sarcastic. I know a few rotten apples shouldn't spoil the whole bunch, but goddamn I would be lying if I said it didn't affect my judgment at times.
Now I feel like a dumbass.
What has this site done to us...?

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
@THTB
Cypher sent us to hell, but we are going even deeper, take back every-wait, wrong game.
Nevermind.
@Konqrr
what is plan for Cyrax now, then?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Awesome stuff.

Don't worry, cyrax infinite combos will be addressed as well as the crazy damage you get off them. Sort of like how sektor knee,hk,smart missile is governed by a disable timer, the bombs will be governed by a hit limit.

please konqrr, can you see also for sub zero s ice clone on combo,imo input window is weird ,and if you re too slow in the execution, it can be active on the corner...

@THTB: hidden jump lol

Last edited:
I know gameplay is first and foremost, but will Unmasked Sub Zero's backwards walk animation be fixed? In every version of mk3, it was screwed up.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I know gameplay is first and foremost, but will Unmasked Sub Zero's backwards walk animation be fixed? In every version of mk3, it was screwed up.
Lol I actually never noticed that in the decades I've played this game with him as my main...

I'll bring it up.

Also, progress on palettes:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cul3xmfgz2u23d9/UMK3_HSmoke-Noob_Palettes.png?dl=0
NOTE: If you are wondering why P2 Noob has skin tone and his Vs portrait does not is because the game is programmed to mirror the skin palette for P1 and P2 on the Vs screen. The hacker hasn't figured out how to make them separate.

This version is live at Summer Jam, so if you are there, find Shock because he has it up and running.

jax's sweep recovery looks wonky too.

Jax, U-Sub, Male Ninjas, Kano, and Sheeva can all be spear (Wait) uppercut, spear (wait) uppercut spammed vs CPU as well. It's like they have an extra frame of recovery that's out of place.

I was watching this Genesis back today, UMKT. Scorpion had a forward teleport punch which was neat.
Any shot at fatals on the bosses?
Choo choo motherf***er!

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I'd love to see all the inconsistent frames be fixed without changing frame data. This is already under way, for example one of the first corrections was Ermac's green spark. This move had no animation for recovery, so we suggested it to be fixed by adding a couple frames during the recovery time.

Other things like how combos revert to animations that make no sense, like, doing a knee or kick combo, and then they go back to an elbow animation. Doing this would smooth the visuals and make things seem less stunted and clunky.

Jax's sweep animation recovery makes him nearly immune to projectiles that go over that last sweeping frame. He can always block.

I'd love to see all the inconsistent frames be fixed without changing frame data. This is already under way, for example one of the first corrections was Ermac's green spark. This move had no animation for recovery, so we suggested it to be fixed by adding a couple frames during the recovery time.

Other things like how combos revert to animations that make no sense, like, doing a knee or kick combo, and then they go back to an elbow animation. Doing this would smooth the visuals and make things seem less stunted and clunky.

Jax's sweep animation recovery makes him nearly immune to projectiles that go over that last sweeping frame. He can always block.
Smoke throwing a fake elbow when doing HK, D+LP
Sonya whipping her arms around like crazy after the knockdown HP combo ender (FIXED) :)
Ermac's phantom axe
sweeps animations after KO, some look like rigor mortis lol

While I think that some odd combo frames should be "fixed", I think they should still be left punishable where applicable. For instance smoke doing the HK D+LP and not finishing with D+HP - I get the idea of using incomplete combo inputs on block, but leave the punishable ones punishable.

Lol I actually never noticed that in the decades I've played this game with him as my main...

I'll bring it up.

Also, progress on palettes:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cul3xmfgz2u23d9/UMK3_HSmoke-Noob_Palettes.png?dl=0
NOTE: If you are wondering why P2 Noob has skin tone and his Vs portrait does not is because the game is programmed to mirror the skin palette for P1 and P2 on the Vs screen. The hacker hasn't figured out how to make them separate.

This version is live at Summer Jam, so if you are there, find Shock because he has it up and running.
Any idea when this will get a public release?