What's new

Official TYM E3 thread!

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
I don't know wtf they're thinking... They sound arrogant as fk. Like u have to live in a submarine to have no internet or a bad connection. Asshats!
I honestly checked the quotes and names and article like 3 times to make sure it was real and they really said that and that's what they meant to say...I really don't get it ...its really disheartning ...
My sister lives in New York city you would think sure she has stable internet...well no her internet is horrible and its real spotty and crashes like crazy due to the amount of people in the building useing it...

Sent under duress.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
To be fair to MS they may have some hidden tricks up their sleeves, but at the same time these restrictive policies are really overshadowing anything good that they do, plus to add that they will not change anything according to consumer complaints about the product is again as I had assessed earlier about the , which looking at the past track record, they will not bring forth the future you will be forced to embrace their idea of the future of gaming. The company is plain arrogant and that is that, we can't completely assume they will fail badly, its still to early, but things don't look good thus far.

Saint Op Omen

To be fair to MS they may have some hidden tricks up their sleeves, but at the same time these restrictive policies are really overshadowing anything good that they do, plus to add that they will not change anything according to consumer complaints about the product is again as I had assessed earlier about the , which looking at the past track record, they will not bring forth the future you will be forced to embrace their idea of the future of gaming. The company is plain arrogant and that is that, we can't completely assume they will fail badly, its still to early, but things don't look good thus far.
I think it will be hard to win this round...there is always next year...things evolve..I will be getting a ps4 this year that's done...but maybe in a few years they change some things price drops ill be happy to get a xbone...but as you know PS has always gained strenth the longer into the cycle they went they always get better...and the specs show that at least hardware wise is likely again...idk this will take a ton of tricks...

Sent under duress.

Saint Op Omen

Dead rising 3 looks awful, same with call of duty. Battlefield 4 having the option to play up to 64 players at once seems fun.
As long as all 64 are not yelling in your ear at once...:eek:

I have not seen any cod yet...and yeah DR was better being goofy not it seems more like a me too zombie game...I'm sure we will get 10 more of this year...

Sent under duress.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
I don't know wtf they're thinking... They sound arrogant as fk. Like u have to live in a submarine to have no internet or a bad connection. Asshats!
Exactly... I mean the least they could do is to pretend to care. There is no reason to berate your customers... I don't know why they even felt an obligation to give a response if that is how they feel. :coffee:

Ilthuain

Lost in a labyrinth of egoism
LoL, he will have a random retort, plus he isn't erading between the lines, which is another skill us analysts had to learn.
Erading between the lines? No wonder you're a former analyst.

You: "I read online that people think the XBOX is trashbags and stuff. The console is going to completely fail because people complain on the internet and I can read between the lines."
Client: "Here is your check, awesome analyst guy. M$ is dead forever. You are an excellent analyst even though you never link to data, nor are you capable of proofreading your own posts."
You: "Proofing is for sissies."

Here's the random retort: You have no idea what you are talking about. I seriously doubt your "credentials" (lol army analyst), you have not linked to any third party source that lends credibility to your statement, the statement that the console is "doomed" and that "nobody wants" it. Developers do not appear to believe the console is "doomed", publishers do not appear to believe the console is "doomed", stockholders do not believe the console is "doomed", so your assertion that it is indeed "doomed" has absolutely no basis in reality. You're parroting internet noise, which is at odds with current market trends toward all-in-one devices like the XB1.

But please, appeal more to your imagined authority on this subject, and tell us how you learned so much about sales trends in the electronic entertainment industry while you were doing situps in the army. That's my favorite story.

SWonder916

When's DragonBall?
Is there a limit on how many console preorders a store can take? I've never preordered a system before. But i'm planning on doing so with the PS4 and i don't want to miss out. I'm just gathering some more information right now before i do so.
I went and preordered my PS4 this morning at Gamestop when they opened and apparently they had a 10 console limit for now. So if you want to preorder one you should get to it if you haven't already,all Gamestops may have that preorder limit at least for now.

sgZick

Noob
Correct as clearly shown with the Release of Windows 8. Forcing a mobile OS on desktop systems alienating the windows users that stick to windows mainly for one reason: continuity and selling it as inovation. That strategy failed hard, MS's vision of the future. I personally think Windows 8 is not all that bad, but they way they positioned it on the market was a disaster. Same with the XBox one, let them storm ahead with their idea and watch them backpaddle if it is not selling (not not working, just not selling)...

Picture this:
You're at a tournament, playing Killer Instinct.
You're doing pretty well, and the match is getting hype.
Just then, someone at the back of the crowd yells "XBOX, OFF"
System shuts down and you have to reset your match.

Thats the kind of shit you may have to deal with seeing as there is no way to completely disable the kinect.
Sure you can "pause" it during gameplay, but it still recognizes that command even while paused.

Windows 8
Windows 8 is bound to the motherboard. You're screwed if something is wrong with the motherboard, or you simply want to upgrade it. And why did they do it? To prevent people from pirating Windows 8.
The X-Box One is bound to the internet. You'Re screwed if something is wrong with your internet, or you're simply on vacation or something like that. And why did they do it? To prevent people from pirating X-Box 360 games, or buying them used. And no, you can't buy X-Box games used anymore, even though they want to make it look like you can.

The problem with the entire story is ... There are more people who buy that shit the regular way and Microsoft is hurting them more in the process, than actually making money by coming up with BS methods to prevent piracy.
You can't prevent piracy. People will always find a way, or at least simply ignore the additional stuff you're trying to lock away from them, or they will switch over to something else.
Microsoft did the most stupid thing possible. Not only did they not convince a good amount of potential customers to buy their system, they even screwed it over for the people who ... for some weird, unexplainable reason decide to buy a X-Box One. And why that? To prevent piracy ...

Seriously, if I have a fruit shop and 9 out of 10 people buy my apples, while one person steals them, I would be fine with it. But setting up a fence around the fruit to prevent that one motherfucker from stealing my fruit and because of the fence forcing the 9 other customers to ask me to unlock the fence for them, so that they could buy it ... Yeah, I don't think they would be pleased.