What's new

Official TYM E3 thread!

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
So your saying they have a shot...:rolleyes:

Sent under duress.
Well they still got there fanboys there, but I honestly think they have no real leg to stand on. The only retort they could possibly have is to come back and retract their policies and restrictions. Like I said before they worked with EA closely one of the most anti-consumerist companies ever.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
Well they still got there fanboys there, but I honestly think they have no real leg to stand on. The only retort they could possibly have is to come back and retract their policies and restrictions. Like I said before they worked with EA closely one of the most anti-consumerist companies ever.
Just think in a few years at e3 everyone will be saying ...wow those MS games look so dope ...they are a good developer for ps5...:p

Sent under duress.

399€ = 530$ ... maaaan :-7

I also have to say I wasn't impressed by Sonys presentation. It looked like they didn't show enough games and I think that quite a few games they've shown were 3rd parties, so meh.
Still going with the PS4 without a doubt. Maybe I'll wait for a price drop.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
The PS4 is still overpriced as fuck here, because New Zealand overcharges you for literally everything. It's MUCH more reasonably priced than the Xbox Done though, so I'll take it.
Dude I fully understand, back when I was a Warhammer 40k Gamer (the tabletop) NZ and AUS got such horrid prices on games workshop stuff it was insane.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
I can only see one way for Xbox One to really pull their ass out the fire. And weirdly enough it relies on the one thing we all hate on consoles: TV.

It's a fact that most people use their Xbox 360 for streaming. It may not be the main reason they bought it, but it is statistically correct. So oddly enough if they announce a slew of free TV stuff they might get some of the casual people back. Not a whole lot granted, and they will still lose a chunk of the hardcore as well. But Media streaming/entertainment etc. might be their way out of it. I mean if I was living in the UK still and they announced a partnership with Sky so that I get channels etc. it might peak my interest a bit.

It's a theory, but I don't think it'll work. I'm not a hardcore Xbox fanboy, but I was keen on it over PS4. Now I'm not.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
399€ = 530$ ... maaaan :-7

I also have to say I wasn't impressed by Sonys presentation. It looked like they didn't show enough games and I think that quite a few games they've shown were 3rd parties, so meh.
Still going with the PS4 without a doubt. Maybe I'll wait for a price drop.
Are you serious?! They showed a ton of games! More than any other game console press conference I've seen.

Are you serious?! They showed a ton of games! More than any other game console press conference I've seen.
Microshit has shown more games.
Sony wasted my time with the first 20 minutes of their presentation and also the showcase of their indie games, which are for the most part already available.
Then they had lenghty live demos.

What I liked from Sony was FF Versus XIII, which won't be an exclusive, if I'm not all too wrong, Infamous: Second Son and ... What else was there? I already forgot.
Oh yeah and them making fun of Micro$oft was hilarious as well.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Microshit has shown more games.
Sony wasted my time with the first 20 minutes of their presentation and also the showcase of their indie games, which are for the most part already available.
Then they had lenghty live demos.

What I liked from Sony was FF Versus XIII, which won't be an exclusive, if I'm not all too wrong, Infamous: Second Son and ... What else was there? I already forgot.
Oh yeah and them making fun of Micro$oft was hilarious as well.
They started with PS3 games immediately, such as The Last of Us and Beyond: Two Souls so no, the first 20 minutes were not a waste.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
I can only see one way for Xbox One to really pull their ass out the fire. And weirdly enough it relies on the one thing we all hate on consoles: TV.

It's a fact that most people use their Xbox 360 for streaming. It may not be the main reason they bought it, but it is statistically correct. So oddly enough if they announce a slew of free TV stuff they might get some of the casual people back. Not a whole lot granted, and they will still lose a chunk of the hardcore as well. But Media streaming/entertainment etc. might be their way out of it. I mean if I was living in the UK still and they announced a partnership with Sky so that I get channels etc. it might peak my interest a bit.

It's a theory, but I don't think it'll work. I'm not a hardcore Xbox fanboy, but I was keen on it over PS4. Now I'm not.
Yeah problem with pushing it for tv stuff is that there are things that do all that for 1/4 the price...

Sent under duress.

I missed most of the PS4 show, what good exclusives were announced? Any fighters?
Why don't you rewatch it ?_? The link is in my first post (Gametrailers).
No fighters annouced of course. Not even any new exclusives :-7 They've shown "Infamous: Second Son", the CG trailer of a shooter (possibly co-op) with werwolves as enemies, Destiny gameplay ... Final Fantasy Versus XIII gameplay, yet that's not an exclusive.
Wasn't that great of a conference. More about killing Microsoft with the reveal of the policy and the price.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Considering how badly PAL regions usually get their prices inflated, I'd like to think we had a relatively solid deal with the PS4 this time around.

Sony literally used to take no conversion for the UK into account at all, remember how the PS2 launched at $299? It was £299 here. -_-