What's new

Official TYM E3 thread!

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
I'm confused. E3 has made this a Killer Instinct fansite too with its own forum? A system no one is going to play for tournaments?

Injustice is still in the family of NRS games, but now this is getting further and further away from being an MK fansite.
IDK how old you are, but its only because of back in the day its straight old school nostalgia, unfortunately it looks like it is doomed before it even gets released

Check this STUPID shit out.

Micro$oft has basically killed used games, since there will NEVER be a moment, where it would be smart for you to either buy or sell a used game. If the fee for activating used games is really 50$, then that's more than pathetic.
The funny thing about it ... when it comes to specific franchises (for example fighters), the price drop for these games are ridiculous! Why would you ever buy a used game for 30$ and then pay the activation code for 50$? WHY?
Even if can buy the game for 1$, you would still end up paying 51$ for it, while the same game will probably be available on Amazon or eBay NEW for much less money, because of the regular price drop. As if anyone nowdays goes to the score and buys the typical, expensive retailer version of the game.
I personally order my games from Amazon and always save good 5-10€.

Check the quote down below for more infos.

What does this mean if you want to buy a used game? Most likely the price of buying a pre-owned title will rise with this policy. According to a source from Eurogamer, when a customer purchases a used game, the retailer will need to cover the cost of an activation fee for that pre-owned game. Microsoft hasn't finalized what the cost of the fee will be, but an unconfirmed report by Consoledeals.co.uk has said that the fee would be £35, which is roughly $50 in US dollars.

So it seems like the price of a used game is largely determined by how much this activation fee will cost. Also, the way this system is setup could mean you may never be able to sell your games privately on your own like on Craigslist or eBay. Well, technically you probably could, but the buyer would still have to pay an activation fee to play the game, which Phil Harrison said would cost as much as the game itself. Under these circumstances, it would make no sense to sell a used video game on your own.

TheSpore

Check this STUPID shit out.

Micro$oft has basically killed used games, since there will NEVER be a moment, where it would be smart for you to either buy or sell a used game. If the fee for activating used games is really 50$, then that's more than pathetic.
The funny thing about it ... when it comes to specific franchises (for example fighters), the price drop for these games are ridiculous! Why would you ever buy a used game for 30$ and then pay the activation code for 50$? WHY?
Even if can buy the game for 1$, you would still end up paying 51$ for it, while the same game will probably be available on Amazon or eBay NEW for much less money, because of the regular price drop. As if anyone nowdays goes to the score and buys the typical, expensive retailer version of the game.
I personally order my games from Amazon and always save good 5-10€.

Check the quote down below for more infos.
Well in their defense this isn't true they officialy stated that it will be up to the publisher on how the used game system will work, so you may likely see this occur for some games. At the same time Sony also said they will leave DRM up to the pubs as well.

Well in their defense this isn't true they officialy stated that it will be up to the publisher on how the used game system will work, so you may likely see this occur for some games. At the same time Sony also said they will leave DRM up to the pubs as well.
That's not true.
What I've written there is the newest update coming from Microsoft. They will force you to sell your games to registered retailers and they (+ the publishers) will get a percentage of the money.
For that you will have to log in every 24 hours, so that the X-Box None can scan your system. If you sold a game, you lose your registration for it and it gets locked down. You obviously can't play it anymore.

There is no such system, when it comes to the PS4.
The only thing they have is something they don't even have. What they said is that they don't care what the publishers do. If the publishers decide to come up with an activation code, it's up to them. It's basically like an online-pass.

Sony continues to bash Microsoft.
If you own a PS4 and want to lend your buddy a friend, you simply have to make one movement with the hands, if the person is near you. Just the way we're doing it nowdays.

What, when it comes to the X-Box Done?
  • Your buddy will have to get online every other hour, so that the X-Box None can scan his system for any kind of funny business
  • You'll be able to lend the game to your buddy online once!
  • After any of these two restrictions your buddy won't be able to play the game anymore
  • Oh and I forgot ... in the process the Kinect will probably scan you both to see how old you are, so that they can shove in some more advertising into your "gaming experience".

TheSpore

That's not true.
What I've written there is the newest update coming from Microsoft. They will force you to sell your games to registered retailers and they (+ the publishers) will get a percentage of the money.
For that you will have to log in every 24 hours, so that the X-Box None can scan your system. If you sold a game, you lose your registration for it and it gets locked down. You obviously can't play it anymore.

This is correct, yes!!!

There is no such system, when it comes to the PS4.
The only thing they have is something they don't even have. What they said is that they don't care what the publishers do. If the publishers decide to come up with an activation code, it's up to them. It's basically like an online-pass.
It is still up to the pubs if a game will have a form of DRM likely scenario though is in the form we have seen already an online pass.

It is still up to the pubs if a game will have a form of DRM likely scenario though is in the form we have seen already an online pass.
Yeah, but since that has nothing to do with the console itself, which we're discussing now, I don't get your point.

The X-Box will enforce weird, impractical DRM practices, which will heavily make fun of the consumer.
The PS4 won't.

The X-Box is getting shit for their approach and the PS4 isn't.
If a publisher decides to come up with any kind of heavy DRM for a game, then they will get shit for it and the PS4 won't.

TheSpore

Yeah, but since that has nothing to do with the console itself, which we're discussing now, I don't get your point.

The X-Box will enforce weird, impractical DRM practices, which will heavily make fun of the consumer.
The PS4 won't.

The X-Box is getting shit for their approach and the PS4 isn't.
If a publisher decides to come up with any kind of heavy DRM for a game, then they will get shit for it and the PS4 won't.
Oh I know I wasn't trying to retort you at all, I was just trying to make certain information was known so other readers don'tget the wrong idea. Damn It Killzone we are arguing over our agreements again:)

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
Oh I know I wasn't trying to retort you at all, I was just trying to make certain information was known so other readers don'tget the wrong idea. Damn It Killzone we are arguing over our agreements again:)
I know... sometimes Killzone and I argue the same point... but... we do it against each other... I just let him go off. :p

TheSpore

Well good night everyone it was an insanely exciting day and really can't wait what else E3 is gonna show off tomorrow laters