What's new

Official Patch Notes & Hotfix Released!

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
By input bug Tom, do you mean stuff like standing 4s instead of down 4s? I thought negative edge being patched helped remove some of this stuff?
While playing today I did have a couple moments where my d1 came out as standing 1, something I haven't noticed as a problem for me before.

rrespiritu

Mortal Kom~what now?
1st online game after patch, i fought with a c-subz and my opponent used his alternate costume, if i can remember it correctly I think the map was the street. before the start of the match c-subz hair was all around the map..

good job nrs

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
1st online game after patch, i fought with a c-subz and my opponent used his alternate costume, if i can remember it correctly I think the map was the street. before the start of the match c-subz hair was all around the map..

good job nrs
He forgot to comp bro. Don't blame NRS:D.

sunky21

Noob
wait a second! does this mean Kabal cant NDC of his F+3, 2??? what specifically are they talking about in concern with the block trap??

rrespiritu

Mortal Kom~what now?
He forgot to comp bro. Don't blame NRS:D.
you mean comb? nah not really a big deal its just that i dont wanna see anymore patch and character balancing cause everytime you get a patch, it feels like you are playing a new character all in all, i just want nrs to fix all of the bugs and online gameplay and maybe add replay fights for online.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Having Sektor be able to cancel into both guided up missiles is great. However if it is only from the 2,1 string - it's not super useful. It it was from all the strings he can currently cancel into normal up missile - that could possibly bring him into top tier. The fact that the jet pack turns off more often... is fucking LAME!

Honestly, Jade's buff is intriguing enough to where I'm going to at least try to pick her up now.
OMFG that sig. lololol

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
you mean comb? nah not really a big deal its just that i dont wanna see anymore patch and character balancing cause everytime you get a patch, it feels like you are playing a new character all in all, i just want nrs to fix all of the bugs and online gameplay and maybe add replay fights for online.
Oh yeah. Sorry about that. But you have point. This is our UMK9 though.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
Having Sektor be able to cancel into both guided up missiles is great. However if it is only from the 2,1 string - it's not super useful. It it was from all the strings he can currently cancel into normal up missile - that could possibly bring him into top tier. The fact that the jet pack turns off more often... is fucking LAME!

Honestly, Jade's buff is intriguing enough to where I'm going to at least try to pick her up now.
nah he can do it off of b2 as well, ketchup was using the in front missile to keep himself safe in some matches earlier, seems pretty neat

Husteen

Noob.
You can chase them by holding forward and blocking the smoke bombs until they're in the corner....

Why, and how, would they "fix" that?
in case you didn't know:
1) people pick smoke
2) run away
3) hold parry so you can't use projectiles, not even low or ex ones
4) if you dash towards them they let go and either run more or use one of his special attacks because the parry has almost no recovery
if he holds the ex parry all you get is a measly sweep unless your character has a special that doesn't touch him.

i'm not impressed with smoke being as cheap character. his parry is supposed to be a smart counter, not "handcuffing" the opponent.
it's nice they took out that other thing but i'm sure it was only possible with reptile and well reptile deserves that anyways lol

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
You can now block after a dash forward is completed if it was cancelled into from a special move. You canceling out of a dash into another dash was normalized for most of the characters. Dash Block canceling remains the same.

could someone try explain that a bit better please? bit confused

Jax
• The armor on Jax's Enhanced Dash Punch (Dash Fist) and X-Ray (Briggs Bash) now starts instantly.
• Added armor to the startup of Jax's Enhanced Elbow (Elite Smash).
• Jax's projectiles (Energy Wave) recover a tiny bit faster.
• Jax’s towards 3 attack (Big Leg) is now an overhead.
• Jax can no longer frame trap someone with his Gotcha Grab.

Is it ok to say I came?
Watch Jax go S-tier in t-5, 4, 3, 2...

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
You can now block after a dash forward is completed if it was cancelled into from a special move. You canceling out of a dash into another dash was normalized for most of the characters. Dash Block canceling remains the same.

could someone try explain that a bit better please? bit confused
Do you know how jax could cancel his ground pound into a dash? Well when he did that there was a glitch that made it so he couldn't block cancel the dash cancel he just did, he would have to wait for the animation to end before he could block.

Now if you dash cancel a move, you can then block cancel the dash.

Also I think the glitch also made it so you couldn't block after the dash cancel until you returned to neutral frames, but I can't remember I don't play a character that could dash cancel anything.

Slymind

Noob
Said in the other thread and just gonna say it again, Johnny Cage shouldn't have gotten those nerfs, at least he should have got some buffs in trade, or left untouched, i wonder how will be his matchup agains Kitana and SZ now, especially the latter.

This is simply a physics glitch. Does not affect game-play in any shape or form. It has been there since the beginning.

Shady

Noob
Said in the other thread and just gonna say it again, Johnny Cage shouldn't have gotten those nerfs, at least he should have got some buffs in trade, or left untouched, i wonder how will be his matchup agains Kitana and SZ now, especially the latter.

Oh God forbid Cage can't cancel one string out of maybe five into nut punch... OH NO!!! I think he would have been fucked if they took away EX Armor... He still has like a 1001 frame trap....

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
in case you didn't know:
1) people pick smoke
2) run away
4) if you dash towards them they let go and either run more or use one of his special attacks because the parry has almost no recovery
if he holds the ex parry all you get is a measly sweep unless your character has a special that doesn't touch him.

i'm not impressed with smoke being as cheap character. his parry is supposed to be a smart counter, not "handcuffing" the opponent.
it's nice they took out that other thing but i'm sure it was only possible with reptile and well reptile deserves that anyways lol

kandehbar

The Gryphon
in case you didn't know:
1) people pick smoke
2) run away

*facepalms* God i hate mouth poop. Just, just, get out of here go on git.. GIT!!!!

did NRS explain somewhere why they doesnt change the trainning mode? I cant understand, there must be a technical reason, it sucks, we know it and they know too. So im concluding theres a reason for it and they must have given further details somewhere..

rrespiritu

Mortal Kom~what now?
This is simply a physics glitch. Does not affect game-play in any shape or form. It has been there since the beginning.
NRS should be fixing bugs,glitch,online connection before breaking the characters again. all tiers imo are good b4 the patch they just broken some characters right with this patch, which will be patched and balanced again and again until everyone drops mortal kombat..

Bugs+Glitches+Lag makes new players drop or stay away from the game, and changing of characters gameplay every now and then makes casual gamers who doesnt check MKforums drop the game. more patching and breaking of characters w/o fixing minor glitches and bugs = no more evo for MK next yr

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Wanted to give some specific info about the jump in punch, tested by myself. Jump in punch will jail for moves up to 16 frames. I found out the exact frame by using Sindel's U4 (16 frames, jailed) and 2 (17 frames, did not jail).

Other 16 frame moves like JC F2 also jailed, and other 17 frame moves like Kitana's F4 did not.

Jailing was tested by seeing if they were able to transition to crouch block between the j.p and the follow up.

Also tested if you can JC X-ray a 17 frame move after a block J.P and you can but the timing is obviously tight as it is 1-frame.

Also, don't know if it's been posted but what is meant by the "handcuffs" is this: