What's new

Official Mortal Kombat 1 Online Stress Test (Friday-Monday) Discussion

no d1 mashing in MK1, they are -9 on block. After successful d1 it is your turn but no high jails. if there is one in the stress test i couldn't discover.
I wish NRS just made D1 and d3 chainable into each other or linkable into standing normals or cancellable into at least something

I always hated how janky the "D1 into throw" stuff looked going back

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
I wish NRS just made D1 and d3 chainable into each other or linkable into standing normals or cancellable into at least something

I always hated how janky the "D1 into throw" stuff looked going back
You can cancel d1 into specials. I was being scummy as fuck getting a d1 blocked and then throwing out an ice clone. Worked damn near every time lmfao

rainuS

Prince of Edenia
This game feels like MK Lite:
+cameos
+upblock

-hop kick
-krushing blows
-dash block(wavedash)
-flawlessblock attacks
-no intro/outro customization
-same dialogs
-interactables arenas
-no Krypt
-no variations
-no visual customization(probably)

also game is way slower than MK11 and looks like Injustice

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Are there instant air fireballs again? I know with hop being in MK11 that took away IAFB from MK11.

I’m not a fan of all the Kameos wearing classic costumes in MK1. It honestly cheapens the aesthetic of the game. I get that a bunch of y’all got a hard-on for nostalgia (fuckin’ hipsters), but IT LOOKS DUMB. Let’s be real.
If they do have different skins for Kameos as well, that may fix that.

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
No need to be negative on everything. This game already feels way more enjoyable than MK11, creativity as they mentioned is insane, it is not all about extending combos, how to open up your opponents, how to get extra plus frames, how to make unsafe things safe, how to set traps, how to control the screen etc etc. Kameos are not that simple, every Kameo means a New way to discover all things that i mentioned above, try a New Kameo and discover New combos for example, my only concern is while playing KOF 99-01 era there was like only 5 toptier assist characters that everyone using, it was hella unbalanced, i hope and kinda sure NRS can do a better job on balancing them. 16 kameos at the start means 16 different ways to level-up your characters, so those kameos are kinda working like variations but this time fun is allowed. Possibilities, counter picking options, players with very different playstyles, for example we might have 4 Sub-Zero's in Top8 but everyone could come with very different ideas, combos, pressures and defenses. Big question is the speed of the game, not just me, even K&M, Sonic Fox and the other well known faces of the community expecting a solution for this and i hope NRS wouldn't dissappoint us about that. Current speed of the game just doesn't match with what the game is actually offering. Creativity, extended combos, endless possibilities but in the stress test we had to do those with the movement of 80-90 years old elder ppl. Except movement, throws takes too much time and it is really annoying.

JINNOCIDE

I only show up when a new game's around
I’m not a fan of all the Kameos wearing classic costumes in MK1. It honestly cheapens the aesthetic of the game. I get that a bunch of y’all got a hard-on for nostalgia (fuckin’ hipsters), but IT LOOKS DUMB. Let’s be real.
If they do have different skins for Kameos as well, that may fix that.
They do have other skins.
I saw MK3 Sonya somewhere.

But yes, it seems like all the skins are related to old games and they seem unlikely to differ from that.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Are there instant air fireballs again? I know with hop being in MK11 that took away IAFB from MK11.
I know at least Kitana did courtesy of @xKhaoTik testing, though it looked EXTREMELY weird due to her flippy animation. If Kitana does, I assume everyone else does. I don't think it'll be super valuable on Liu because his air fireball animation is super long due to shooting 4-5 of them.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
I know at least Kitana did courtesy of @xKhaoTik testing, though it looked EXTREMELY weird due to her flippy animation. If Kitana does, I assume everyone else does. I don't think it'll be super valuable on Liu because his air fireball animation is super long due to shooting 4-5 of them.
I saw NinjaKilla doing an IAF with Liu also. If the first fireball hits, most of the others will as well, so its basically the same as doing multiple IAF, except its easier, but you exchange being able to do one at a time and doing sometime else inbetween for doing all of them at once for more damage and longer recovery.