What's new

Official MK9 Community Matchup Chart

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
my opinion on the cyrax matchups (will elaborate later but i dont have much time right now)

6-4 baraka
5-5 cyber sub
5-5 ermac
?-? freddy (i have absolutely zero freddy experience)
6-4 jax
4-6 kenshi (kenshi does not have to come to you here if he doesnt feel like it)
5-5 jade (possibly 6-4, i think its a 5-5 as jade could potentially avoid bombs AND nets with ease)
5-5 johnny cage (when cage is in he stays in, but bombs fuck cage up sideways)
4-6 kabal
5-5 kano (kano doesnt trade)
5-5 kitana
5-5 kung lao
5-5 liu kang
6-4 mileena
5-5 nightwolf
6-4 noob saibot
4-6 raiden
?-? rain
4-6 reptile
6-4 scorpion
5-5 sektor
6-4 shang tsung
6-4 sheeva
5-5 sindel
5-5 skarlet
5-5 smoke (he can teleport on reaction to nets, shake the nets, smoke away on wakeup and can avoid bombs easily)
4-6 sonya
6-4 stryker
6-4 sub zero
5-5 quan chi

if i missed any please forgive, im VERY tired haha, feel free to question me and ill answer to the best of my abilities.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Mustard: I think Cyrax is the ONLY char to actually make Kenshi move. Can't you throw bombs under him and stop his zoning? I mained Kenshi for a while and Cyrax is not easy to zone out at all. I never worry about the teleport, but it's the bombs at my feet that kill my momentum

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
Mustard: I think Cyrax is the ONLY char to actually make Kenshi move. Can't you throw bombs under him and stop his zoning? I mained Kenshi for a while and Cyrax is not easy to zone out at all. I never worry about the teleport, but it's the bombs at my feet that kill my momentum
whenever i fight a zoning heavy kenshi he has time to trade with his move and just hop on the spot to avoid the bombs, as long as kenshi doesnt jump forward he has no reason to fear the bombs

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
[MENTION=8774]Hidan[/MENTION]

You dash in and pressure? You mean like pressure him while he's blocking, because I'm pretty sure divekicks can be made safe depending on where your opponent positions them?

Also, can't cyber parry between almost every string except, b2, 1 and 112 and 212? I swear [MENTION=275]Pig Of The Hut[/MENTION] has parried me between B+3, 1+2. It was online, though....

Also, I agree with [MENTION=204]B W1zZ[/MENTION] on the Raiden matchup... it can't be THAT bad. I think his uppercut is 7 frames though.

B W1zZ

Noob

You dash in and pressure? You mean like pressure him while he's blocking, because I'm pretty sure divekicks can be made safe depending on where your opponent positions them?

Also, can't cyber parry between almost every string except, b2, 1 and 112 and 212? I swear Pig has parried me between B+3, 1+2. It was online, though....

Also, I agree with [MENTION=204]B W1zZ[/MENTION] on the Raiden matchup... it can't be THAT bad. I think his uppercut is 7 frames though.
[MENTION=3479]AdmiralAugustus[/MENTION] you're right about the uppercut being 7 frames, I kept thinking it was 6. Quan Chi can still interrupt B312 and 334 with en stomp.

Hidan

Where the hell is Reiko's wheel kick

2-8 doesn't seem like an accurate number for the Raiden matchup. His teleport can be punished by Quan's 6 frame uppercut, and Raiden's B312/334 strings can also be interrupted by the uppercut. I think it's a solid 4-6 or an arguable 5-5 after playing [MENTION=1258]Shujinkydink[/MENTION]'s Quan Chi.
After playing some time with Nivek, this is the number

Hidan

This has to be pre-patch man, there's no way the Baraka matchup is 6-4 in Quan's favor....The new spin stuffs everything Quan Chi does, even B3,1+2 . If anything it's 6-4 Baraka's favor, maaaaybe 5-5. But I definitely don't see it in Quan Chi's favor.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Baraka is a warrior, a melee fighter and I like him for that, but there are alternatives. If the spin can keep Quan from zoning or building bars or rune trap you, then I want that move.

B W1zZ

Noob
After playing some time with Nivek, this is the number
I would say me playing against Shujinkydink at a major tournament along with several casuals has an influence on this number.

I say it's a solid 4-6 assuming the Quan Chi player knows what he's doing.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
This is what the Baraka community has come up with so far:

6-4vs Cyber Sub-Zero
4-6 vs Cyrax
6-4 vs Ermac
6-4 vs Freddy Krueger
4.5-5.5 vs Jade
4.5-5.5 vs Jax
4-6 vs Johnny Cage
3-7 vs Kabal
4-6 vs Kano
4-6 vs Kenshi
4-6 vs Kitana
4-6 vs Kung Lao
5-5 vs Liu Kang
5-5 vs Mileena
5-5 vs Nightwolf
4.5-5.5 vs Noob Saibot
5-5 vs Quan Chi
3-7 vs Raiden
5-5 vs Rain
5-5 vs Reptile
6-4 vs Scorpion
5-5 vs Sektor
6-4 vs Shang Tsung
6-4 vs Sheeva
5-5 vs Sindel
xxx vs Skarlet
6-4 vs Smoke
5-5 vs Sonya Blade
6-4 vs Stryker
4-6 vs Sub-Zero

We change it a lot though, but this is the most accurate list so far.

Hidan

Also, can't cyber parry between almost every string except, b2, 1 and 112 and 212? I swear [MENTION=275]Pig Of The Hut[/MENTION] has parried me between B+3, 1+2. It was online, though....

Yeah pressure him while he's blocking, I didn't say he can be punished, but you have the upper hand in frames there

Well b+3,1+2 is the only string that can be interrupted before it ends (seen it happen with d+3), that's the sole reason b+3,3 exists, not that I recommend it in any way

Hidan

I would say me playing against Shujinkydink at a major tournament along with several casuals has an influence on this number.

I say it's a solid 4-6 assuming the Quan Chi player knows what he's doing.
As you wish

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
Also, [MENTION=8774]Hidan[/MENTION]

How come you have 3-7 smoke's favor?

His normals are pretty slow... Shake and EX Shake are beat by trance... REGULAR smoke away is beaten by trance.

If anything... I can see this being a 4-6 in Smoke's favor, maybe....MAYBE a 5-5

B W1zZ

Noob
Original post (please redirect any important comments/feedback to this thread): http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?12612-B-W1zZ-Raiden-Matchup-Chart

B W1zZ aka The Wizard's Raiden Matchup Chart

NOTE: I will update the characters descriptions and possibly the numbers as I test more things out, and as new feedback from top/knowledgeable players is received. I didn't note every way Raiden's B312 and 334 strings can be interrupted with each character, or at all. Essentially any character that has an armored attack, xray, or a 6 frame or less poke/special can interrupt and/or escape these strings; between any hit of B312 or before the 4 in 334, although I have not tested all of the armored moves.

Most of the teleport punishers listed under each character were stolen from the new Raiden Teleport Punishment Guide by [MENTION=5554]Vilén[/MENTION]

You could call this a work in progress but I believe it to be accurate for the most part, with some of the scores being arguable:

Scorpion: 6-4
Liu Kang: 6-4
Kung Lao: 5-5
Sub Zero: 6-4
Sindel: 7-3
Ermac: 6-4
Reptile: 5-5
Kitana: 6-4
Johnny Cage: 5-5
Jade: 7-3
Mileena: 5-5
Cyrax: 6-4
Noob: 7-3
Smoke: 6-4
Sektor: 6-4
Sonya: 4-6
Jax: 6-4
Kano: 5-5
Stryker: 6-4
Shang Tsung: 7-3
Baraka: 7-3
Kabal: 5-5
Raiden: 5-5
Cyber Sub Zero: 5-5
Sheeva: 6-4

Skarlet: n/a
Kenshi: n/a
Rain: n/a
Freddy: n/a

Scorpion 6-4: Raiden can D4xShocker or Ex Shocker Scorpion's regular and enhanced teleports on reaction. Scorpion generally has a hard time keeping Raiden locked down in his 111 pressure game due to teleport. Scorpion's main goal should be to keep Raiden trapped in his vortex. Scorpion’s en leg takedown can interrupt B312 and 334. Raiden’s teleport is punished by all pokes, 11, 33, and 21.

Liu Kang 6-4: Liu Kang is pretty good at keeping Raiden locked down in his pressure making it difficult to teleport out, but Raiden can slip past most of Liu Kang's zoning with teleport or supermans. Low and air fireballs are punished on reaction by superman, or alternatively en superman. Liu Kang can en flying kick or en bicycle kick to interrupt Raiden’s B312 and 334 strings (tested). Raiden’s teleport is punished by all pokes, B312 and 213.

Kung Lao 5-5: One of Raiden's most competitive matchups. Kung Lao is good at keeping Raiden locked down with his 1121 string, but at the same time Raiden has several options for keeping Lao off of him. 2,4 1+2 and 21212 are punished on block by a fast superman. Kung Lao's regular teleport is punished on reaction by ex shocker into a 30% combo. Kung Lao can spin Raiden between any hit of B312 and before the 4 in 334, or alternatively xray. Mid to full screen low hat tosses are punished by a fast superman on reaction. 112, 21212, B33, and Xray all punish Raiden's teleport.

Sub Zero 6-4: An arguable matchup in terms of score, but pretty even for the most part with slight advantage to Raiden. On reaction Raiden can en superman through ice clone or teleport for a punish. On reaction sub can punish teleport with his 21, 214, or 22 strings. Sub Zero's 212 string can be interrupted with en shocker, en superman, or xray before the last hit if timed right. If sub does an ice clone at the same time Raiden does en tele, Raiden can opt to hold block while appearing on the 2nd tele to shatter the ice clone, making sub have a longer cooldown before he can use clone again. Sub can en slide to interrupt Raiden's b312 or 334. Raiden's teleport makes it difficult for Sub-Zero to keep him locked down in his corner pressure.

Sindel: 7-3 (possibly 6-4): Raiden's teleport and superman shut down most of sindel's zoning game. Sindel can punish Raidens tele on reaction with cartwheel. I don't have much high level experience with this matchup so these numbers might not be accurate, but sindel's levitate fireballs/levitate cancels seem like they can be used as a mind game with Raiden's tele/superman, allowing her some punishment opportunities. Sindel can interrupt B312 and 334 with D1xcartwheel.

Ermac: 6-4 (possible 5-5): I honestly haven't played an Ermac in awhile so I can't give any accurate numbers...but this could be a competitive matchup. Teleport is punished by his bnb 31 and 12 tele-slam combos on reaction, along with all pokes.

Reptile: 5-5: Another competitive matchup for Raiden. Reptile's dash is fast enough to interrupt his B312 and 334 strings. Dash allows Reptile to escape some of Raiden's pressure situations and doubles as a really fast/efficient punisher for teleport. Tele can also be punished by slide, 32, and 122 strings...along with xray/pokes.

Kitana: 6-4: Raiden can en superman through kitana's instant air fans to get in her face and also use teleport. Teleport is punished by all pokes along with combos starting with 21. Raiden's B312 and 334 strings are interruptible by her D1. D1 cutter is punishable by a fast 121 shocker on reaction.

Johnny Cage: 5:5: A competitive matchup for Raiden. Cage has a counter for most of Raiden's options. Raiden can teleport out of most of Cage's frame traps, and ex shadow kick through his projectile. On reaction cage can punish teleport with all pokes, B3 popup, 21F2, F3,3, flip kick, and shadow kick.

Jade: Not much Jade experience but going from what I've seen it's a 6-4 or 7-3 arguably.

Mileena: 5-5: Another competitive match for Raiden. D4 gives Raiden problems getting his offense started. Teleport is punished by pokes, roll combos, and tele kick on reaction. Raiden can punish her tele kick with a juggle combo for about 30%.

Nightwolf: 6-4: Raiden easily escapes should charges with a teleport. Nightwolf has a hard time getting in and getting his pressure started. Teleport can be punished on reaction by all pokes, shoulder charge, F31, and 122 combos. Raiden escapes en lightning traps with teleport. Nightwolf can en shoulder charge to interrupt B312 and 334 strings.

Cyrax: 6-4: Raiden can teleport on reaction to a thrown net. Raiden's mobility gives cyrax problems getting him trapped in his resets. Teleport is punished by all pokes and 11,21,33 net combos on reaction.

Noob: 7-3: Very tough matchup for noob. Raiden escapes all shadows with teleport, and goes through shadow tackles with en superman. Noob punishes Raiden's teleport with all down pokes, shadow tackle, and his 212 string on reaction.

Smoke: 6-4: Superman and teleport beat smoke bombs. Raiden essentially has all of the tools to shut down Smoke's zoning game. Teleport is punished on reaction by all pokes and 21.

Sektor: 6-4: Raiden's teleport and en superman options beat most of sektor's zoning. Raiden's teleport is punished by all pokes, 12B1, B34, and B2 on reaction. Flamethrower can sometimes be used to punish if he tries jumping after tele, but it's easily blocked.

Sonya: 4-6: This is probably Raiden's worst matchup. Teleport is easily punished on reaction by an instant air dive kick into a full combo. Sonya essentially shuts down most of Raiden's pressuring options up close. Teleport is punished by all pokes, instant air dive kick combos, 114, and 21 combos on reaction. Sonya can D1 or en cartwheel to interrupt Raiden’s B312 and 334 strings.

Jax: 6-4: On reaction Raiden can absorb a dash punch with ex shocker and go into a 30% combo. Jax's D1 is good for anti airing Raiden if he tries crossing up with a jip. Teleport is punished by all pokes, dash punch, gotch grab, and F413 on reaction. Jax can en dash punch to interrupt Raiden’s B312 and 334 strings.

Kano: 5-5: A pretty competitive matchup for Raiden. Upball easily punishes teleport, and Kano's knives recover pretty fast. Raiden can punish a blocked upball with 121 shocker. Kano punishes teleport with all pokes, up ball, straight ball, choke, 212, and B112 on reaction.

Stryker: 6-4: (I don't have enough experience with this matchup post patch, but I'm going to say 6-4 since stryker got some good buffs/raiden got nerfs and and Raiden still gets past his zoning effectively.)

Shang Tsung: 7-3: Raiden has all of the tools to deal with shang tsung's fireball zoning game, and can escape his upskull traps and corner pressure with teleport. Shang punishes teleport with all pokes, 221, and F434 on reaction. En soul steal can interrupt Raiden’s B312 and 334 strings.

Baraka: 7-3: Pretty bad matchup for Baraka, has a hard time getting in on Raiden. Blade charge is easily avoided, and Raiden's tools dominate him for the most part. Teleport is punished by pokes, blade spin, slices, and blade charge on reaction.

Kabal: 5-5: This is an extremely wild matchup. Raiden can teleport to get past iaf's, and en superman through them as well. On reaction kabal can do a ground saw just as Raiden is about to hit him to avoid taking the full damage, knocking Raiden back. From a distance Raiden can superman over the ground saw. A lot of Kabal's NDC shenanigans can be checked with ex shocker or teleported out of. Both characters have all of the tools to beat each other in the right situations. Raiden can bait tele punishes with the en version of the tele easily. Teleport is punished by all pokes, B4, F4, F32, and B121. En Nomad Dash can interrupt Raiden’s B312 and 334 strings.

Raiden: 5-5: This matchup is just fucking insane. Generally the idea is to teleport out of pressure and counter teleport your opponent's teleports. Controls get flipped to each side several times in this matchup. Raiden punishes his own tele with all pokes except D4, superman, 121, and 334 strings.

Cyber Sub: 5-5: I don't have a lot of experience with this matchup but Cyber Sub has all of the tools necessary to compete with Raiden. B312 and 334 strings can be interrupted with regular or enhanced parry, into a possible full combo. Dive kick and en dive kick is an excellent punish for teleport. Raiden's superman beats CSZ's ice clone in a trade. Teleport is punished by all pokes, 332, 34, slide, and instant air close dive kick on reaction.

Sheeva: 6-4 (Arguably 5-5): I believe Sheeva has the necessary tools to compete with Raiden. She punishes teleport on reaction with all pokes, 12B1, and 212F1 strings. Her up close game and frame traps can be very difficult for Raiden to escape. Raiden's B312 and 334 strings can be interrupted by an armored en command grab. Raiden punishes telestomp on reaction with ex shocker into a 30% combo. Raiden can also punish telestomp with a jump back 3 into superman or a 31% NJP combo.

Quan Chi: 6-4: Meter-intensive matchup. Raiden's main goal is to punish unsafe risks Quan Chi takes, properly defending against his 50/50's, and staying out of his offense at all costs. If Quan Chi has meter Raiden generally wants him to waste it on breaker to eliminate the threat of runetraps and en trance. Blocked trance is punished by a fast superman reaction from a distance. Raiden should generally save meter in this matchup for breaker in case he gets caught in 212 en rune traps. Quan chi can escape Raiden's B312 and 334 strings with his armored en sky drop, and punish teleport with his 7 frame uppercut, all pokes, and 112.

Skarlet, Kenshi, Rain, Freddy: No comment on these for the moment.

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
Hmmmm...I personally don't find the Raiden matchup all that difficult. I could see why people would think its 6-4 in Raiden's favor, but not 7-3. EN Blade Rush goes through 334 and B321. Spin and F4 punishes Teleport, and D4 gives Raiden trouble as well. I agree he's a pain to get in on, but once Baraka can get in Raiden's got his hands full.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
Well considering Hidan's chart got blown up lol I figured id give it a try...this is my opinion from playing quan both on and offline. if you want more details on my decision on a specific matchup please ask. And remember, this is based from my personal experience so please be friendly :p lol

5-5 vs Baraka
4-6 vs Cyber Sub-Zero
The parry will not be friendly to quan. quan can outzone sub, and punish iceball with skydrop...and dive kick can be punished with f12 trance. Not a terrible matchup, but not a favorable one
5-5 vs Cyrax
6-4 vs Ermac
4-6 vs Freddy Krueger
Freddy can outzone chi enough to keep him away, and his projectiles recover quick enough that chi cant punish them with a skydrop unless buffered.
5-5 vs Jade
6-4 vs Jax
Jax has the edge if he gets him in the corner, other than that, chi can punish both his projectile and ground pound with a skydrop into rune trap. which is a game decider.
3-7 vs Johnny Cage
Johnny cages pressure game often proves too much for chi. He can patiently awake a skull and punish with ex shadow kick bringing him right back up close. chis only chance is to zone when cage has no meter and hope he can block and punish an ex shadow kick...even then, cage can nut punch under the projectiles until he builds a bar..
3-7 vs Kabal
its kabal. lets be real here
5-5 vs Kano
xxx vs Kenshi
5-5 vs Kitana
unless IAF's are timed perfectly quan can outzone kitana, and use his lightning fast uppercut to punish almost all her strings, especially ones ending in fan cutter
5-5 vs Kung Lao
this matchup is not as unfavorable as you would think. Post patch having Lao's hat with added frames allows quan to punish easier with 112 trance if up close, or rune trap. He can also uppercut his teleport if attempted quite easily.lao does give him problems when he uses safe pressure tho.
4-6 vs Liu Kang
A good kang is a tough matchup for quan, especially if they play super safe. other than uppercutting his strings, quan has little to no answer for his constant pressure and will have to wait for an opening.
5-5 vs Mileena
ex telekick even with sais can be punished with d1 into trance allowing either big combo, or 11 skydrop reset into runes. roll can be punished with b2,1 into combo etc...mileenas 4,2 however will give quan problems.
5-5 vs Nightwolf
nightwolf is not a nightmare for quan. at full screen, a skull can be thrown, and upon reflect can be punished with a skydrop into runes. additionally, his far rune can confuse nightwolf and disable his zoning and reflecting abilities. nightwolfs anti air 1, and f3 will give quan problems.
4-6 vs Noob Saibot
noobs zoning can cause panic for quan, and it is rare he is able to get a teleport off while trying to guess 50-50s to punish. once in tho, quan does have a superior game, if he can avoid the upshadow which will push him back out.
4-6 vs Raiden
a turtling raiden is a tough matchup. if quan can be patient and wait for a teleport, he can punish it with an uppercut, or d4exrune,into rune trap if meter permits. Raidens pressure into specials give quan trouble and will likely prove more useful than quans bag o tricks.
xxx vs Rain
6-4 vs Reptile
considering every forceball can be punished by a trance, and every dash can be punished with rune trap or 112 trance...doesnt leave rep with too many options other than acid spit and ex dash...quan takes this matchup
5-5 vs Scorpion
pretty even matchup, quan has trouble getting in, but if he can wait patiently and frustrate scorp with skulls and bait a tele, match is his.
5-5 vs Sektor
6-4 vs Shang Tsung
Quan completely eliminates Shangs zoning. If quan is anywhere other than full screen, all skulls with proper timing can be tranced. some of shangs strings can be ducked and uppercutted with proper timing, and upskulls are a huge no-no
6-4 vs Sheeva
5-5 vs Sindel
xxx vs Skarlet
4-6 vs Smoke
2-8 vs Sonya Blade
by FAR quans worst matchup. constant poking pressure with very little risk allows sonya to completely shut out quans game. and if that weren't enough, she can also outzone him, and recover quick enough on her projectile to not be punished with skydrop. I cringe when someone picks her
6-4 vs Stryker
5-5 vs Sub-Zero
if sub can be zoned out of midscreen distance quan should be ok. As long as he cant punish skulls with slide, quan will likely take this matchup. If quan finds himself in the corner however, things could get ugly.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Apologies for taking so long for mine, heres my matchup chart based on my personal experience with sektor.

Scorpion: 5-5
Liu Kang: 6-4
Kung Lao: 5-5
Sub Zero: 6-4
Sindel: 7-3
Ermac: 5-5
Reptile: 4-6
Kitana: 6-4
Johnny Cage: 5-5
Jade: 5-5
Mileena: 4-6
Cyrax: 5-5
Nightwolf: 4-6
Noob: 6-4
Smoke: 4-6
Sektor: 5-5
Sonya: 4-6
Jax: 5-5
Kano: 5-5
Stryker: 4-6
Shang Tsung: 6-4
Baraka: 6-4
Kabal: 5-5
Raiden: 4-6 EDIT
Cyber Sub Zero: 5-5
Sheeva: 7-3
Quan Chi: 6-4

Skarlet: 4-6
Kenshi: 4-6
Rain: 5-5
Freddy: n/a

I'll answer any questions for people that question my decisions :D

PND_Ketchup

Whys Raiden 3-7, 6 frame standing 1 > teleport
Also what does Stryker have to beat Sektor?
I can only go by what ive played against raidens offline, the last time i faced raiden i couldn't punish the teleport due to it being pre patch. That said i do agree that being able to punish it now will help sektor against him, but zoning raiden is still non existant and forces you to attack him which isnt sektors strength.

I think it's better for stryker because he can roll toss on reaction to every rocket and with the ex roll going through the flamethrower for 16% (i think thats how strong it is) and then knocking you full screen again to predict more rockets helps. not to mention the gunshot is so fast instant air teleports can get caught by it. It's not unwinnable, but you do have to play differently against stryker to the extent of your greatest tools not working very well.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Sektors normals are way better than Raidens even if he cant shoot rockets at him though. Sektor might as well be Johnny Cage with his normals compared to Raiden

PND_Ketchup

Sektors normals are way better than Raidens even if he cant shoot rockets at him though. Sektor might as well be Johnny Cage with his normals compared to Raiden
Sektor has no frame traps, when raidens blocking he has nothing to fear because he can teleport out of them all.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
5-5 vs Kitana
unless IAF's are timed perfectly quan can outzone kitana, and use his lightning fast uppercut to punish almost all her strings, especially ones ending in fan cutter
You have to assume in making a matchup chart that things like iAF are timed perfectly.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I dont think the Baraka matchup is 6-4 Ketchup, like Somecubanguy said:
And in regards to Sektor: matchup is indeed 5-5. Flamethrower gets punished by Blade Rush on block/whiff. And EN Blade Rush makes it difficult for Sektor to zone in general. If Sektor gets trapped in the corner, he's forced to teleport or stay trapped. Only problem Baraka has in this matchup is getting his offense going, and dealing with Sektor's wake up options.

Not to mention the fact that TU is punishable by full combo on block

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Slips you need to compare nightwolf to scorpion not each character to the rest of the cast and then say "hmm scorp looks better on paper so it's 6-4 scorp favor"

Let's look at the Mach up of Scorp vs Nightwolf:

Scorp gets reset with spear into mixup...nightwolf gets knockdown into eh lightining setup. Seems pretty similar...the only thing here is that it burks one meter for nightwolf to do it...however the damage is much much higher for nightwolf with his rests so I say that's about even.

Spear and shoulder are nothing alike. You shouldnt compare those moves like they are similar. One knocks down for mixup...the other combos, no similarities except that they are both high...lol

So...if im smart with shoulder I can punish spear on reaction for knockdown eh lightning trap. I don't need lightning to win just like scorp doesn't need fire to win. My normals are better than scorps and space me perfectly.

Nw does best at jump distance or sweep distance due to range of shoulder, axe, and b2. Nw controls all that screen. Nw doesn't need to jump at scorp to win either...you have d1 as AA and I have standing 1 and axe.

You can punish my shoulder with....nothing on block. You have to duck it meaning your playing my game and I can lightning and approach safely(almost).

The point is, nw is NOT 6-4 vs scorp. Scorp is great character but he doesn't have any advantage that nw can't get around for a 5-5 matchup.

Panque

Random foreign guy
I would like to make a suggestion for this thread. If the ones taking care of the match up charts are going to edit their posts, There could be links to those posts on the OP. I think that would help a lot when trying to find those charts.

props for the thread Nori.