What's new

Official Kombo Challenge Completion/Help Thread

Someone who has the kombo challenge completed 10 of Shang Tsung?
Only I lack the Kombo 10 to finish all the challenges, but it seems to me to be very difficult, I it try thousands of times and nothing.
helps Thank you....

After a few hours , manage to finish the Kombo 10 ..... now finally already I have the trophy of all the complete kombos.
Regards....

I'm working on Sub-Zero's. Half of these combos don't take nearly as much damage off as I can with a combo I create that takes off around 40% from a CPU opponent.

Still, very interesting. Doing these gives you ideas for combos to make on your own.

Don't know if I'm going to try anyone else's for a while. I'm only up to #8 on Sub's.

Still, very interesting. Doing these gives you ideas for combos to make on your own.
This is why I do them. They can teach you a good starter or a good midair combo and you can mix and match things. I've done about 80% of all the combo challenges and it's helped me a lot.

It's my last kombo challenge. Jokers #9 is gayyyy, I've done it for over an hour and a half, and still nothing.

I've gotten so fucking close to, the bomb explodes like RIGHT after they pass it.

I've given up actually. I did lius which I thought I had to give up on, this is much harder.

Liu Kangs #2 #4 #8 and #10 are irritating me to the max.
2, 8 are easy.

4, 10 are hard. Don't do number 10 until you can do all three of those pro moves at the end. I got to a point where I could do Lius 10 like it was nothing, except for the gay promoves at the end.

#4 irritated me, and I still don't know how I did it, just try doing them fast and together.

i thought subs was way easier than scorps. i got subs challenge in about 30 minutes. it just clicked with me for some reason. I still can't do scorps #10

woo, i finished jokers #9 last night and i am DONE!

It's nice to put these challenges behind me, now theres nothing to do except online play and OH YEAH!!

Question:

Special Moves Master Achievement:

After i'm done with Kombo Challenge, what special moves are still needed to get this achievement.

I've done kanos unblockable ball, i've tried for flashes fury +throw pro move...

is it all pro moves and regular special moves?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Special Moves Master Achievement:

After i'm done with Kombo Challenge, what special moves are still needed to get this achievement.

I've done kanos unblockable ball, i've tried for flashes fury +throw pro move...

is it all pro moves and regular special moves?
I don't have this yet...I know they don't count towards the trophy/achievement if you do them in Kombo Challenge and I've done them ALL in every mode several times over except versus, so I don't know what I am missing.

I got to a point where I could do Lius 10 like it was nothing, except for the gay promoves at the end.
I'm on that one now, it's the only one I need for Liu and I just cannot fucking get it. I can do it all up to the Bicycle Kick/Fireball promove but I can't get the Flying Kick at the end to connect.

Bullshit, man. They put this [ban incoming]ry in the game purely to fill achievement slots.

I've got like one left for like 8 chars and I can't get any of them. Funny thing is they involve d1 or d3 at some point. whenever those are in the combo it seems like the game doesn't register it reliably everytime. Most of the time the following move is way to slow to ever make it. It only seems like every 10th or 20th attempt gets some kind of frame skip that allows that move to finally connect and by then you're not anticipating it to so you botch the rest of the combo. very very farkin annoying

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
If it's a move like sub d3 into db1, are you pressing:

1) d3, db1

OR

2) d3, b1

????

The correct answer is TWO.

a good example would be shao's #7 I believe.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCRG1IVuzi8

The 3 following the d3 just won't connect like 80% of the time. I've tried all sorts of timing on the d3 but it just seems that every once in a blue moon the game decides to make the 3 move a lot faster and actually connect. I just can't get to to repeat reliably with any sort of timing.

I've got like one left for like 8 chars and I can't get any of them. Funny thing is they involve d1 or d3 at some point. whenever those are in the combo it seems like the game doesn't register it reliably everytime. Most of the time the following move is way to slow to ever make it. It only seems like every 10th or 20th attempt gets some kind of frame skip that allows that move to finally connect and by then you're not anticipating it to so you botch the rest of the combo. very very farkin annoying
I hear ya. there are certain move sets that don't seem to register every time I input it into my controller... I end up being caught off guard when the move FINALLY connects that I'm unable to input the rest of the combo because I wasn't expecting whatever it was to actually connect.

The game just lets it work sometimes

I felt that on occasions the CPU was just like hey, let's give it to him!

There's certain challenges I would NEVER try again just because the fucking time it let me do it, was pure LUCK!

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
a good example would be shao's #7 I believe.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCRG1IVuzi8

The 3 following the d3 just won't connect like 80% of the time. I've tried all sorts of timing on the d3 but it just seems that every once in a blue moon the game decides to make the 3 move a lot faster and actually connect. I just can't get to to repeat reliably with any sort of timing.
You're probably trying the 3 too early, I had this problem on Shang #10 until I waited a bit longer, then the 111 combo would connect every time provided I hit with d1 early enough.

Ok so I have done completed one combo challenge which was Baraka (who I never use) but I and trying to do the Shao Kahn combo in the video a few posts back