What's new

Official Kombo Challenge Completion/Help Thread

i just picked this up and I'm doing batmans komkbo challenge. i swear im doing more than half of these things and it's not registering. 1/4/5/8 I swear I've nailed over and over. i have no idea how to do these if they aren't counting them as I'm doing them. number 8 is about the only way this combo can be done and it's like, "nope". :mad:

CrashLand

Ready for Freddy
i just picked this up and I'm doing batmans komkbo challenge. i swear im doing more than half of these things and it's not registering. 1/4/5/8 I swear I've nailed over and over. i have no idea how to do these if they aren't counting them as I'm doing them. number 8 is about the only way this combo can be done and it's like, "nope". :mad:
Can't refer to what you'll lookin' at now but I remember one of them I got stuck on for a long time 'cause I was throwing a batarang after I hit the ground (and connecting) but they wanted me to use an air batarang for some reason. Frustrating.

Right now I can't get the ones for Liu Kang where it wants me to promove from a fireball to a flying kick, how the heck does that work?

Btw, if you haven't noticed: for like 95% of the promoves it's easier to just spam the damn thing than try to learn the timing. I wish they'd put in some anti-spam code so you'd have to do the timing right, but leave a bigger window of opportunity... there's enough button mashing in the game as it is

Tim Static

Adminerator
Can't refer to what you'll lookin' at now but I remember one of them I got stuck on for a long time 'cause I was throwing a batarang after I hit the ground (and connecting) but they wanted me to use an air batarang for some reason. Frustrating.

Right now I can't get the ones for Liu Kang where it wants me to promove from a fireball to a flying kick, how the heck does that work?

Btw, if you haven't noticed: for like 95% of the promoves it's easier to just spam the damn thing than try to learn the timing. I wish they'd put in some anti-spam code so you'd have to do the timing right, but leave a bigger window of opportunity... there's enough button mashing in the game as it is
what system do you play on and whats your GT?

CrashLand

Ready for Freddy
what system do you play on and whats your GT?
David778899, XBox 360

I should warn y'all that I'm an absolute monster at Mortal Kombat, unfortunately that monster is Elmo from Sesame Street. I haven't played a fighting game against somebody who halfway knows what they're doing in about ten years and I don't even have a Gold membership on XBox Live, bout to go sign up now and get creamed I think.

CrashLand

Ready for Freddy
me too kitanas #9 combo and im also having trouble with sub zero #7
I'm thirding a request for help with Kitana #9, the opponent just drops like a rock after a couple punches, not sure how it's supposed to work.

Is it possible to do jumpkick, fan x3 midscreen? I used the corner...

Tim Static

Adminerator
David778899, XBox 360

I should warn y'all that I'm an absolute monster at Mortal Kombat, unfortunately that monster is Elmo from Sesame Street. I haven't played a fighting game against somebody who halfway knows what they're doing in about ten years and I don't even have a Gold membership on XBox Live, bout to go sign up now and get creamed I think.
Cool. Welcome and enjoy gettin creamed ;)

But seriously, it will make you into such a better player. You def came to the right site.

yo this game can be very annoying when your doing the kombo challenge and can't hit the combo on the first few times you get tired of hearing the opponent scream and repeat the same sounds that shit right there makes me wanna turn the damn game off!...lol and i still cant hit kitana #9

heKtor

Noob
yo this game can be very annoying when your doing the kombo challenge and can't hit the combo on the first few times you get tired of hearing the opponent scream and repeat the same sounds that shit right there makes me wanna turn the damn game off!...lol and i still cant hit kitana #9
Repeating sound is annoying, but after awhile it helps a lot w/the timing. I tried Kitana's #9 kombo challenge, but still can't fucking do it! I'm starting to get pissed. Anyone on here knows how to do it? Anyone? lol

Repeating sound is annoying, but after awhile it helps a lot w/the timing. I tried Kitana's #9 kombo challenge, but still can't fucking do it! I'm starting to get pissed. Anyone on here knows how to do it? Anyone? lol
Hektor, she has been really all i have been playing, I tried to jump on yesterday but had to finish the download. I did it offline, I have not tried it online...if im on tonite we can play.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana

Hector, check the first post. That's where all of the updates will be, I won't post a new post when I add something. If you have requests post them here and I'll try to explain it and if that doesn't help you I'll do a video.

i can do it and i love her!!! i think #9 is the one where you have to connect the fan at top right after fly punch. i can nail the fan at top right after fly punch on mk2 with ease, so for me this one was easy since i was already used to throwing fan at very top after fly punch.

i love her "roll, hp,roll,hp", her roll to juggles are sick. kitana is awsome in this game, and thank god for the return of "jump-over kicks"

its very refreshing to do jump-over kick fans again, and this time more fans,hahaha. i got some really rediculous combos with kitana right now.

the flash and his 20+ hit combo's are sweet. i love how you can do specials right out of the middle of your first set of moves before they finish (if timed right)

heKtor

Noob
Sweet! Thanks for the vid Konqrr :)

Dookz: The vid in the 1st post, it's not the square wave-fan though.

Aria: I only tried playing it online once, and got my ass kicked. I'm completely new at 3D fighting, so I'm just trying the practice stuff. But deff. hit me up if you see me.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Sub-Zero's #7 -- Jump2 - d1, df3 - 1, 1, d3, db1

I'm having trouble with the bolded part. Is it suppose to be a low kick?
Yeah it's a low kick. Just do it before you think you are able to, if that makes any sense.

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
is there a listing anywhere for max damage combos? some of the ones in the combo challenges look nice but really aren't all that powerful...

any hints on batman #7? I can get the whole combo off no problem but the last hit (db4) doesn't give me a * for the promove. not sure if im messing something up but i can get the whole combo to connect for a 12-hit 41% but it still won't give it to me