What's new

Official Kombo Challenge Completion/Help Thread

finally got batman #9 for some reason when i started doing the crossover kick it started registering more. i did it like 5 times in a row after the first one.

Liu Kang #2 seems to give me problems. when the promove ff2 comes up at the end it doesn't give * flash for the promove. Cant get it to work and like 3 of the combos rely on that move so i'm stumped on liu kang for now :( I did get jax, sub-zero, and batman now though :)

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Liu's flying kick after an air fireball is a tricky bastard...You press ff1 for the fireball then ff2 for the flying kick and that's it...no delayed timing whatsoever, just press ff1ff2 in a rhythm like that, takes awhile to do it consistently. DO NOT MASH FF2!! Just press ff1ff2 and NOTHING ELSE and it will come out.

Just wait until you get to Liu #10! ;_;

thanks konqrr. i'll give it a try as soon as the wife goes to sleep :)

do you touch the ground first or do you get the ff2 off in the air?

**EDIT** Worked like a charm on the 2nd try and I got em all up to the 10th in like 3 minutes. Thanks konqrr!

WTF is up with Catwoman's? I just want to finish this lol
11b1, u2, b3, 112db1*bf2
I get the whole thing to land up until the pro whip which NEVER hits

Tsung:
df4*u4, u1, df4*u4, u1, df4
Haven't gotten the last hit

Baraka:
b3b2, b3b3*ff2, 224ff2
224 keeps whiffing a hit so ff2 won't come out
standing i can do it so the input is not the problem for me

WTF is up with Catwoman's? I just want to finish this lol
11b1, u2, b3, 112db1*bf2
I get the whole thing to land up until the pro whip which NEVER hits

Tsung:
df4*u4, u1, df4*u4, u1, df4
Haven't gotten the last hit

Baraka:
b3b2, b3b3*ff2, 224ff2
224 keeps whiffing a hit so ff2 won't come out
standing i can do it so the input is not the problem for me
I haven't done any of those people yet but the baraka one sounds like some of the others. you may have to do the ff2 a little sooner to cancel the last part of the 224 combo. scorpion has quite a few of those

I could've been a bit more clear on the baraka combo...
22 hits both times yet the 4 whiffs. When melees dont connect, the 2in1 special wont execute. On the other hand, Catwoman's is coming out but whiffs.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
You have to juggle them as high as possible with Catwoman for that bf2 promove to connect Mr. S... That combo took me quite awhile to land; and when I did it, it was midscreen.

Don't know about Baraka, I'll look into it tomorrow sometime.

I did kitana's challenge last night and it was suprisingly easy...until #9 :D
I'd heard people talking about it and when I finally got to it it looked amazingly simple but oooh no. The timing on the 2-3-d3 part is crazy. seems almost like 3 has to be a cancel but it isn't. I messed with it for about 10 minutes last night but i'll have to spend a little bit more time on it tonight :)

Konqrr, your vid of Kit #9 is neat but I can't duplicate it for the life of me :)

Edit:
wow, I need to tone down my resolution on my laptop at home. It appears as if the second hit on the 2 actually misses allowing you the time to get the 3-d3 part in. I'll have to try this when I get home cause I kept trying to make sure it connected which didn't give me enough time to get the 3 in.

I've hit kitanas #9 all the way until the last fan move...

I did a bunch of challenges last night after i bought it

One thing that's bothering the shit out of me.

Green Lanterns

(Sorry I don't know attack buttons yet)

Jump Punch Launcher, Jump Punch Launcher, , JK, bf(ugh)B

I can't connect his green wall after the JK...in corner, anywhere

Scorpians challenge turned out VERY hard.

Subs 7 is very very difficult.

uhhh...shangs are hard..i can't think of any else I was having trouble with..

OH YEAH, lius jp launchers into JP fireball flying kick..

IDK HOW to connect that flying kick, no star comes up lame!!

onewhite: konqrr gave me some great advice on liu's JP->Fireball->flying kick on page 5 or 6. helped a lot.

phoenix: i've been waiting for zirtoc to get more up on youtube cause he keeps posting people I haven't used yet :)

you know what? I was trying lius jp fireball flying kick combo and I can't even shoot the fucking fireball anymore

This game has some fuckin crazy timing

konqrr, need a heads up on kano #7. I saw your youtube vid and i swear im doing the same timing as you(counted the hits) but mine keeps coming up 11-hits at 40%. yours came up 12. Was there a tricky hit in there at I'm missing?

:edit: two minutes after posting this I got it. I had to hit the first hit a little higher up instead of way low at the feet. I have no idea why that made a difference but it did.

Okay...raidens 10 is fucking like WHHHHAAAAT???

also the double Teleport after a JP is fucking DIFFICULT!

I finally got green lanterns stupid 5...it was like weird ass timing...

These things are damn hard!

Edit:

After trying 1000x times knocking shao kahns gay ass around with Liu...

I still can't do #4..
I've tried JP, ff1,ff2 quickly
i've tried ff1, ff2 with VERY slight delay
I've tried quickly pressing them both very fast
I've tried ff1, ff2 after waiting till they land

it's fucking HARD man, that gay drag kick WILL NOT COME OUT!!! =[

I saw konqrr's advice, and it still won't work..

I give up, fuck you kang. I never liked you anyway

Anyway...i guess I really like asking questions in this thread

I nailed kitanas #9 practically on accident.

Kanos....#6 I think has a similar moveset...except my only problem with it, is I can't connect the cannonball after the duckpunch.

Kahns 6 or 7 is hard. I can't do it. Kangs #4 is wrecking me daily. Subs 7 was owned last night, I had a problem making his 11, d3 connect, the d3 was hard for some reason. I would either freeze because of the gay dpad or I would throw a kick too late.

Anyway..

My problems are:

Kano's #6

Raidens double teleport combos, anything where you have to double teleport before you land sucks. I can double teleport EASILY, but after a popup, the first tele works, the second does not for me.

Kangs #4 and #10 Only problem is the fireball dragon kick

umm, im going off memory here...

Deathstroke's are very hard for me.

Scorpians combo...I think #3, where you hit with a dd2 at the end...won't hit for me.

Jokers double jokers wild to bomb combo

I do it as fast as possible and the last bomb never hits fast enough or something!

I'll update the rest of the ones i'm having problems with when I get home.

im pretty much with ya on all of those onewhite! I did Kano's #6 for like an hour and couldn't get it. the duck punch/cannonball is crazy.

Yeah, I had no problem with the setup until I do it 20 times in a row, then I can't even do the begining, I feel like i'm doing MK:DA all over again.

Anyway, this games OKAY. I lost intrest in it already! I was stoked on getting it and i'm already bored!

Konqrr, do you have any advice for Joker #9? Launcher into double bomb? I just can't hit the last bomb!

Also, I did all of raidens (woo!) and I only have:

Jokers #9

All other kombo challenges complete. The gay double bomb is so hard to hit.

I'd appreciate any advice guys, i've watched videos, I do it in the corner, I pull off everything as fast as I can....

I've done all challenges even kahns darkseids and kangs (woo!)

But Jokers #9 is so fucking hard!!!! help!

Hello, I need help to complete the kombo challenge 10 of shang Tsung, go hours of hours and nothing of nothing .......
Only I lack this Kombo to finish all the Challenges, I do not manage to give him below(down) and X..... Some help?
Thanks