What's new

October 10th Hotfix Notes

The way I look at it, Kitana players have to spend a bar on ex TS and nothing is guaranteed afterwards. Spending a bar could cost you the match and is not something you just throw out willy nilly wasting a bar, even though it's safe on block.

She is a zoner and basically it's a "get the fuck away/off me" tool, which imo needed the armor, as she is still weak up close (improved but not great)

haketh

Noob
The way I look at it, Kitana players have to spend a bar on ex TS and nothing is guaranteed afterwards. Spending a bar could cost you the match and is not something you just throw out willy nilly wasting a bar, even though it's safe on block.

She is a zoner and basically it's a "get the fuck away/off me" tool, which imo needed the armor, as she is still weak up close (improved but not great)
She has rising fans which she can get a solid amount of damage off of with two bar. Zoners having strong reversal tools is not common.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
So...let me see if I have this right...

...because Jax now has one particularly shitty MU, against one particular pain in the ass variation of a character...he's being written off as terrible?

Because last time I checked, Jax was/is a really fucking scary individual. Losing one piece of armor isn't going to change that.

You all make me dizzy...
One particularly UNWINNABLE MU

Last time i checked Jax lost all of his usable armor except Ex gotcha in Pumped Up.

You make me dizzy...

:):):)

guys who tell that jax is good what the feature to play HW jax in your vision ? he lost all his tools: pressure, mid combos after ddf and now his only opportunity to reduce the distance

Vick

Noob
She has rising fans which she can get a solid amount of damage off of with two bar. Zoners having strong reversal tools is not common.
Kenshi, Tanya, Ermac and Warlock Quan all have good armored wakeups no?

Last edited:

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter

Last time i checked Jax lost all of his usable armor except Ex gotcha in Pumped Up.

You make me dizzy...

In all seriousness, I cant see the logic of makin' such change. If we stick with the new concept, I think he should have a at least one tool that of price of a bar he could get out of that corner. With the Gottcha he can wipe his ass at best.

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
Just an idea - is it viable for Jax to react to clone by doing an energy wave? Doesn't punish but would destroy the clone and reset the situation to neutral, where Sub is now in cooldown and can't clone for a while

kantboy-2

Ripper
They should just give MB ground pound/wave 2 hits of armor and instead of popping up opponents it should knock them back like when you lose the armor from test your luck/kustom kombat.

That should fix the SZ match up.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME

You make me dizzy...

I don't wanna come off as "that guy," I really don't...it's just that Jax has never seemed like a particularly weak character to me, even taking the armor off the table, but he's legit one of only three people out of the whole roster I don't have at least a pocket variation of, so at the end of the day I know that I don't know him from a ham sandwich.
That being said, to have one "shit, looks like I'm gonna need a counterpick" matchup out of a hundred, especially against a character that's an much of an across the board pain in the ass as Grandmaster...doesn't seem like a great reason for players to be abandoning ship and calling the man dead before the patch is even a month old.

tl;dr: it sucks for Jax. immensely. but it's the nature of the beast, especially when armor is being taken off the top of the totem pole across the board.