What's new

October 10th Hotfix Notes

Tweedy

Noob
There are counters for both d4 and ex push on wake up, so the move isn't OP.
You want an easy one move to counter all options? lol
When did I even imply that I want one move to counter all options? You guys are the ones defending EX push, which is exactly that. Stop acting like i'm complaining about Ermac's D4, when all I did was list it as an option. Your arguments are based on skewed versions of my arguments. Stop being childish.

If you have no clue how the char works why are you commenting on it?
You don't have to play a character competitively to know how they work. I could say that you need to compete to have an opinion on the game. Oh, I couldn't say that, because then it would disqualify you from commenting.

If you're at SCR i'll prove that I know how the character works, by leaving a big goose egg in your win column. Not interested in online or "down the road" money matches.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Sorry but you came off as "that guy" - you know the one that doesn't know what he's talking about :)
Bruh, when it comes to Jax, I'll be the first to tell you I really, really don't. I don't think one horrible MU is reason to abandon ship, but I also don't like seeing any character get weaker, and I dont want to see him become the next Kenshi in terms of not being able to hold his own anymore.

Safe Armor

Tier Whore. BS, GM, Mystic etc.
When did I even imply that I want one move to counter all options? You guys are the ones defending EX push, which is exactly that. Stop acting like i'm complaining about Ermac's D4, when all I did was list it as an option. Your arguments are based on skewed versions of my arguments. Stop being childish.

You don't have to play a character competitively to know how they work. I could say that you need to compete to have an opinion on the game. Oh, I couldn't say that, because then it would disqualify you from commenting.

If you're at SCR i'll prove that I know how the character works, by leaving a big goose egg in your win column. Not interested in online or "down the road" money matches.
Omg how do I get through to you... my point was that they are counters for both moves.

You said well if I jump over it he could just do d4 but you are forgetting that Mystic can't do both ex push and d4 at once... so make a read damn it.

Nobody said it was easy.

Tweedy

Noob
Omg how do I get through to you... my point was that they are counters for both moves.

You said well if I jump over it he could just do d4 but you are forgetting that Mystic can't do both ex push and d4 at once... so make a read damn it.

Nobody said it was easy.
Lol, this is how this conversation played out.

I said that Ermac also has safe armor, without EX push, in EX DB2. You said that you can counter that by jumping over it for a full combo, which I followed up on with D4 being an answer to that. Now i'm somehow complaining about Ermac's D4? Please dude. You're just arguing to be correct, otherwise you wouldn't be skewing the shit out of what i'm saying, or challenging me to money matches that you wouldn't even be at events to play.

Just stop posting.

Safe Armor

Tier Whore. BS, GM, Mystic etc.
Lol, this is how this conversation played out.

I said that Ermac also has safe armor, without EX push, in EX DB2. You said that you can counter that by jumping over it for a full combo, which I followed up on with D4 being an answer to that. Now i'm somehow complaining about Ermac's D4? Please dude. You're just arguing to be correct, otherwise you wouldn't be skewing the shit out of what i'm saying, or challenging me to money matches that you wouldn't even be at events to play.

Just stop posting.
Omg you stop! How old are you?

Mystic can't do both d4 and ex push at once so make a read and counter accordingly.

I'm done, lost enough brain cells already.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Bruh, when it comes to Jax, I'll be the first to tell you I really, really don't. I don't think one horrible MU is reason to abandon ship, but I also don't like seeing any character get weaker, and I dont want to see him become the next Kenshi in terms of not being able to hold his own anymore.
Can we stop saying Kenshi is bad? What is wrong with Possessed Kenshi?

Noob
They had a bug caused by armor on dashpunch so instead of fixing it they just removed armor from the move completely. And buffed Takeda )
for(int i = 0; i < characters.length; i++)
{
var victim = characters;

bool summonPaulosWrath = victim.move.armoured == true ? true : false;

if(summonPaulosWrath) { removeArmour(); nerfErronBlack(); }

}

And that is how Erron Black Died.

:DOGE

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Love the change to Kitana. She's still very good even without that bullshit safe armor move.

However....what's with the change to Jax? I get removing the armor from the overhead dash punch, but the straight one, too? The logic on that escapes me. He now loses to GM Sub-Zero on the character select screen.

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
Well you have proved my point again. I'm abondoning ship not because of 1 shitty match up (I never said that was the reason).

Now that his armour options are out its safe to say he has a lot of shitty match ups now. He can't really deal with zoners, take heavy weapons for example (which was the variation I mained) - you can't get your rocket out or shitty uzi before cyber Kano has several knives on the way to your face. So HW can't zone zoners and can't deal with zoners and the new update rewards zoners so.... Also his minus cancels are pretty much shit midscreen- so yes I can make my move safe but at the loss of half my stamina and I'm now blocking like a sitting goose hoping my opponent isn't smart enough to grab me, open me up for damage I can't breaker or chip away. so if I don't hit confirm I loss half my stamina and some health too. So you might aswell play the other variations and not counter pick myself.
Jax has always been good on paper, good buttons and all that but in practice it's a different story. Even when he had all his stuff there were only 2 main jax representatives in tournament and even they didn't do consistently well so ye.