What's new

General/Other OBS|KH Rattlehead (blind Cyrax player) appreciation thread

BurdManJR270

Bigg Burd
Did I? Cat openly encouraged everyone to go all out on him. But think about how overwhelming a mirror match must be for someone who relies on sound cues, let alone Cyrax.
But aside from that, it's a joke that I'm sure everyone else will see the funny side of.
What you did there, I see it.

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
The biggest props to him. I honestly think hes the best MK9 player on the planet.
This guy can't see, let that sink in. He plays based off of sound bites. I can't imagine how much time he has put into this game when it comes down to just memorizing how to get into training mode, or even just selecting Cyrax correctly everytime.
I feel that this community needs to look up to him as a role model. Everytime I come on this site I see nerf this and that, this is broken, that's cheap, etc. Rattlehead is the definition to learning to ADAPT in a fighting game. He has my utmost respect.

OBS|KH Rattlehead

real life Kenshi of the MK community.
I watched this guy play in KH casuals before I set off for Final Round and it was amazing how he managed to play. This just goes to show that no matter what obstacles stand in your way, if you want something enough, it's gonna happen. :)
I think you actually played some matches against me as well with Scorpion and Raiden.Don't know if you remember, but damn you really know how to counter everything man lol.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I think you actually played some matches against me as well with Scorpion and Raiden.Don't know if you remember, but damn you really know how to counter everything man lol.

Ah, yes, we did play, and like with Denzell, people were going all, "Damn, Blake, why you gotta go all out like that?" and I felt bad because I know it must be hard for you to play while blind, LOL. I'm a scumbag.

OBS|KH Rattlehead

The biggest props to him. I honestly think hes the best MK9 player on the planet.
This guy can't see, let that sink in. He plays based off of sound bites. I can't imagine how much time he has put into this game when it comes down to just memorizing how to get into training mode, or even just selecting Cyrax correctly everytime.
I feel that this community needs to look up to him as a role model. Everytime I come on this site I see nerf this and that, this is broken, that's cheap, etc. Rattlehead is the definition to learning to ADAPT in a fighting game. He has my utmost respect.
Hey I try lol. But thanks a lot, seriously. I hope to continue playing with players better than me so it can help me level up even better. Especially now in Injustice and when the new MK comes out. As far as sound learning went, I learned them when the Demo came out and listening to the character reveal trailers carefully, that way when I popped in the game in the console, I would know what to expect in a general sense. And with the layout of training mode, the main menu, and character select screen, I had my bro go over it with me a few times till I completely memorized it.

OBS|KH Rattlehead

Ah, yes, we did play, and like with Denzell, people were going all, "Damn, Blake, why you gotta go all out like that?" and I felt bad because I know it must be hard for you to play while blind, LOL. I'm a scumbag.
Hahaha. Nah it's better like that cuz that way I feel the difference in how the game is meant to be played in a high level. If we ever play again, just go all out and don't feel bad bodying a blind guy. lol. I have to start somewhere. :p

Rattlehead one questions I have that's been puzzling me is how do you know if your opponent is crouching or standing before executing a string? I feel like this a major part of the game as it as an immense effect on your strings and wiffs.

webreg

Noob
OBS|KH Rattlehead
I'm not surprised that a sight impaired person played well and I was actually wondering where the blind NRS game players are. In my free time I write software and games for the sight impaired and I have met quite a few people who play fighting games with a passion. It seems to be the dominant game genre where you can play well with sound cues only. Browser games and certain FPS or roleplaying games with a rich and well implemented 3d audio implementation are also popular. If you are interested and are not already aware of it I highly suggest you visit forum.audiogames.net to hang out with some of the great guys there and discuss some neat accessible games.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Like getting to EVO on time? Sorry, you had to expect this, didn't you? :p

As I explained before, I had already checked schedules for flights and other bus services and there was none that would have gotten me there on time. :(

But...I'll be fair and hold that. :p You get a like from me.

OBS|KH Rattlehead

Rattlehead one questions I have that's been puzzling me is how do you know if your opponent is crouching or standing before executing a string? I feel like this a major part of the game as it as an immense effect on your strings and wiffs.
Like with anything I aproach if I can't see it, I go by trial and error. That's why I utilize mostly my d1, 3, and 4, to check whether the opponent is crouch blocking or not. A standing attack or an overhead is more likely to wiff than a low attack. Unless they space themselves out to the point where any attack will wiff. SO, I have to make sure I'm on them as much as I can. Once I figured what's going on, that's then I try to mix it up.
Hope that answers your question.

OBS|KH Rattlehead

OBS|KH Rattlehead
I'm not surprised that a sight impaired person played well and I was actually wondering where the blind NRS game players are. In my free time I write software and games for the sight impaired and I have met quite a few people who play fighting games with a passion. It seems to be the dominant game genre where you can play well with sound cues only. Browser games and certain FPS or roleplaying games with a rich and well implemented 3d audio implementation are also popular. If you are interested and are not already aware of it I highly suggest you visit forum.audiogames.net to hang out with some of the great guys there and discuss some neat accessible games.
hey that's awesome! Yeah I actually have an account on that site as well; I just haven't been as active in there. Besides fighting games, I actually play this multiplayer game called swamp. It's based mostly of 3d audio cues and it's the closest the blind have gotten to a shooter. It also has graphics for sighted players to check out as well, but if I'm not mistaken, it's only colored dots. The game is about killing zombies and it comes with a variety of weapons and stuff to use throughout the game. Are you aware of this by any chance?

hey that's awesome! Yeah I actually have an account on that site as well; I just haven't been as active in there. Besides fighting games, I actually play this multiplayer game called swamp. It's based mostly of 3d audio cues and it's the closest the blind have gotten to a shooter. It also has graphics for sighted players to check out as well, but if I'm not mistaken, it's only colored dots. The game is about killing zombies and it comes with a variety of weapons and stuff to use throughout the game. Are you aware of this by any chance?
Do you play on xbl? Your name is familiar.

webreg

Noob
I actually play this multiplayer game called swamp ... Are you aware of this by any chance?
Sure I've played it some but I suck horribly at it. Aprone, the sighted developer is a nice guy though and helped me understand what is important if you attempt to write software for the sight impaired. I was for example unaware that blindness is actually rarely a digital state. Quite a lot of people still perceive brightness differences, basic colors or even rough shapes and that's why it is nice to have some simple visual elements in your game but they should never be necessary to play the game.

Have you tried out Karateka? It's a rhythm fighter based on sound patterns that works amazingly well for a lot of people. Sadly it doesn't feature any competitive elements and it seems to be too easy for blind players. Here is a video of it.

webreg

Noob
Wait, is he completely blind or just like slightly? Sorry, I'm slow to the news around these parts of the game.
Since he was blindfolded during one stream match I would assume he is completely without sight. He lost his sight as a kid due to sickness and he said he got to see the MK characters and was a fan before that happened.

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
Since he was blindfolded during one stream match I would assume he is completely without sight. He lost his sight as a kid due to sickness and he said he got to see the MK characters and was a fan before that happened.
OH SHAT, THAT IS LEGIT. But how does he post and read on the forums? I'm confused? A proxy?

Miss Kanzuki

*KANZUKI GOON SQUAD*

Thats cool he got to see them and stuck with his love of the game!